Remember the wonderful meaning of this season by reading this list of A Charlie Brown Christmas quotes.
In the hustle and bustle of life, it’s easy to forget the true meaning of Christmas. What’s more, we’re bombarded with commercial tactics and hundreds of ads trying to get us to buy the biggest, most expensive, and perfect gift for our loved ones.
But, we mustn’t get lost in all of these. Like Charlie Brown, it’s normal to get confused about what we’re really celebrating each year.
So, if you want to learn more about the holiday and what it means to Charlie Brown and his friends, read the quotes we’ve compiled below.
We’ve gathered the best quotes from A Charlie Brown Christmas, the first TV special of the Peanuts comic strip!
And don’t forget to check out these Charlie Brown quotes and Anastasia quotes.
Best A Charlie Brown Christmas Quotes
1. “I just don’t understand Christmas, I guess. I like getting presents and sending Christmas cards and decorating trees and all that, but I’m still not happy.” – Charlie Brown
2. “I think there must be something wrong with me, Linus. Christmas is coming, but I’m not happy. I don’t feel the way I’m supposed to feel.” – Charlie Brown
3. “Look, Charlie, let’s face it. We all know that Christmas is a big commercial racket. It’s run by a big eastern syndicate, you know.” – Lucy van Pelt
4. “I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It’s not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love.” – Linus van Pelt
5. Charlie Brown: “Isn’t there anyone who knows what Christmas is all about?”
Linus van Pelt: “Sure, Charlie Brown, I can tell you what Christmas is all about. Lights, please. And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the Angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them, and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, ‘Fear not, for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.’ And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, ‘Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men.’ That’s what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.”
6. “Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown!” – Everyone
7. “Rats. Nobody sent me a Christmas card today. I almost wish there weren’t a holiday season. I know nobody likes me. Why do we have to have a holiday season to emphasize it?” – Charlie Brown
8. “Charlie Brown, you’re the only person I know who can take a wonderful season like Christmas and turn it into a problem. Maybe Lucy’s right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you’re the Charlie Browniest.” – Linus van Pelt
9. “I guess you were right, Linus. I shouldn’t have picked this little tree. Everything I do turns into a disaster. I guess I really don’t know what Christmas is all about.” – Charlie Brown
A Charlie Brown Christmas Quotes That You’ll Want to Revisit
10. Lucy van Pelt: “Here he comes! Attention, everyone, here’s our director.”
Charlie Brown: “Man’s best friend.”
11. “Get the biggest aluminum tree you can find, Charlie Brown, maybe painted pink.” – Lucy van Pelt
12. Lucy van Pelt: “You think you’re so smart with that blanket. What are you going to do with it when you grow up?”
Linus van Pelt: “Maybe I’ll make it into a sports coat.”
13. Lucy van Pelt: “I know how you feel about all this Christmas business, getting depressed and all that. It happens to me every year. I never get what I really want. I always get a lot of stupid toys or a bicycle or clothes or something like that.”
Charlie Brown: “What is it you want?”
Lucy van Pelt: “Real estate.”
14. Lucy van Pelt: “May I help you?”
Charlie Brown: “I’m in bad shape.”
Lucy van Pelt: “Wait a minute. Before we begin, I request that you pay in advance. Five cents, please. Boy, what a sound! How I love the sound of clinking money! That beautiful sound of cold hard cash! Nickels, nickels, nickels! That beautiful sound of clinking nickels!”
15. Patty: “Try to catch snowflakes on your tongue. It’s fun.”
Linus van Pelt: “Mmm. Needs sugar.”
Lucy van Pelt: “It’s too early. I never eat December snowflakes. I always wait until January.”
Linus van Pelt: “They sure look ripe to me.”
16. “Say, by the way, can you play ‘Jingle Bells?’ No, no. I mean ‘Jingle Bells.’ You know, deck them halls and all that stuff? No, no. You don’t get it at all. I mean ‘Jingle Bells.’ You know, Santa Claus and ho ho ho, and mistletoe and presents to pretty girls. That’s it!” – Lucy van Pelt
17. Charlie Brown: “Thanks for the Christmas card, Violet.”
Violet: “I didn’t send you a Christmas card, Charlie Brown.”
Charlie Brown: “Don’t you know sarcasm when you hear it?”
A Charlie Brown Christmas Quotes to Learn From
18. “Christmas is getting all you can get while the getting is good.” – Sally Brown
19. Lucy van Pelt: “Are you afraid of responsibility? If you are, then you have hypengyophobia.”
Charlie Brown: “I don’t think that’s quite it.”
Lucy van Pelt: “How about cats? If you’re afraid of cats, you have ailurophasia.”
Charlie Brown: “Well, sort of, but I’m not sure.”
Lucy van Pelt: “Are you afraid of staircases? If you are, then you have climacaphobia. Maybe you have thalassophobia. This is fear of the ocean, or gephyrobia, which is the fear of crossing bridges. Or maybe you have pantophobia. Do you think you have pantophobia?”
Charlie Brown: “What’s pantophobia?”
Lucy van Pelt: “The fear of everything.”
Charlie Brown: “That’s it!”
20. “Beethoven wasn’t so great. He never got his picture on bubblegum cards, did he? Have you ever seen his picture on a bubblegum card? How can you say someone is great who’s never had his picture on bubblegum cards?” – Lucy van Pelt
21. Charlie Brown: “This little green one here seems to need a home.”
Linus van Pelt: “I don’t know, Charlie Brown. Remember what Lucy said? This doesn’t seem to fit the modern spirit.”
Charlie Brown: “I don’t care. We’ll decorate it, and it’ll be just right for our play. Besides, I think it needs me.”
More A Charlie Brown Christmas Quotes for Die-Hard Peanuts Fans
22. Lucy van Pelt: “You do think I’m beautiful, don’t you, Charlie Brown? You didn’t answer me right away. You had to think about it first, didn’t you? If you really had thought I was beautiful, you would’ve spoken right up. I know when I’ve been insulted. I know when I’ve been insulted.”
Charlie Brown: “Good grief.”
23. “Dear Santa Claus, how have you been? Did you have a nice summer? How is your wife? I have been extra good this year, so I have a long list of presents that I want.” – Sally Brown
24. “What about the Christmas queen, hmm? Are you going to let all this beauty go to waste?” – Lucy van Pelt
25. “Charlie Brown is a blockhead, but he did get a nice tree.” – Lucy van Pelt
Did This List Make You Feel Better and More Excited About the Coming Holidays?
Christmas, like any other special day of the year, is a time to be with loved ones. However, when we’re caught up in endless gift shopping, it’s easy to forget this fact. There’s also a kind of pressure that, in a way, forces you to feel cheerful and happy during this season.
So, it’s understandable to feel depressed, like Charlie Brown. This is why we should focus on celebrating and having a sense of oneness with our community instead of focusing on the material aspect of Christmas.
There are many things you can do with your friends! You can gather around a bonfire, play in the snow, decorate the town’s Christmas tree, or make a play about Jesus!
After all, Christmas will always be, first and foremost, a celebration of the birth of Christ. It’s a merry holiday we should spend with people who care for us and also a time to reflect.
The next time this season rolls around, make sure you remember the lessons you’ve learned from A Charlie Brown Christmas. Save this collection in your bookmarks, too, for safekeeping!