Fall head over heels in love with the help of these top 25 A Walk to Remember quotes!
Everybody dreams of falling in love and finding the right person to spend the rest of their lives with. However, sometimes, we’re just not that lucky. There are times when we don’t find our soulmate at all, and then there are times when we do find them, but the timing of everything just isn’t right.
This sad reality is what A Walk to Remember is all about. Jamie Sullivan and Landon Carter have been near each other since they were young. But, it wasn’t until Jamie was 17 that she fell in love with Landon and vice versa.
Their love was perfect, pure, and incomparable. However, fate didn’t favor their relationship, as Jamie had leukemia and was slowly dying. Despite knowing about her condition, Landon continued to love her to her last breath—and even beyond.
A Walk to Remember is a heartbreaking movie that’ll make you cry. But, it’s also a reminder that a once-in-a-lifetime kind of love will never fade away. So, if you’re a fan, read through the quotes below!
And don’t forget to check out these The Notebook quotes.
Best A Walk to Remember Quotes
1. “Do you ever wonder why things have to turn out the way they do?” – Jamie Sullivan
2. “But our love is like the wind. I can’t see it, but I can feel it.” – Landon Carter
3. “Jamie saved my life. She taught me everything. About life, hope, and the long journey ahead. I’ll always miss her.” – Landon Carter
4. “Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people’s sins but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes.” – Reverend Sullivan (2 Corinthians 13:4-7)
5. Landon Carter: “I am sorry she never got her miracle.”
Reverend Sullivan: “She did. It was you.”
6. Jamie Sullivan: “The doctor said I should go on and live life normally as best I could. I—I didn’t want anybody to be weird around me.”
Landon Carter: “Including me?”
Jamie Sullivan: “Especially you! Y’know, I was getting along with everything fine. I accepted it, and then you happened! I do not need a reason to be angry with God.”
7. Jamie Sullivan: “You know what I figured out today?”
Landon Carter: “What?”
Jamie Sullivan: “Maybe God has a bigger plan for me than I had for myself. Like this journey never ends. Like you were sent to me because I’m sick. To help me through all this. You’re my angel.”
8. Jamie Sullivan: “You don’t know the first thing about being someone’s friend.”
Landon Carter: “I don’t want to just be your friend.”
Jamie Sullivan: “You don’t know what you want.”
Landon Carter: “Neither do you. Maybe you’re just too scared that someone might actually want to be with you.”
Jamie Sullivan: “And why would that scare me?”
Landon Carter: “Because then you wouldn’t be able to hide behind your books, or your frickin’ telescope, or your faith. No, no, you know the real reason why you’re scared? It’s ‘cause you wanna be with me too.”
9. Landon Carter: “Jamie, I love you. Now would be the time to say something.”
Jamie Sullivan: “I told you not to fall in love with me.”
10. “There’s one thing I still haven’t told you. I now believe, by the way, that miracles can happen.” – Jamie Sullivan
Romantic A Walk to Remember Quotes That’ll Sweep You off Your Feet
11. “You’re a wonderful person, Jamie. You’re beautiful, you’re kind, you’re gentle, you’re everything that I’d like to be. If people don’t like you, or they think you’re strange, then that’s their problem.” – Landon Carter
12. Landon Carter: “Do you love me? Will you do something for me, then?”
Jamie Sullivan: “Anything.”
Landon Carter: “Will you marry me?”
13. Landon Carter: “I might kiss you.”
Jamie Sullivan: “I might be bad at it.”
Landon Carter: “That’s not possible.”
14. Eric: “Talk to me, man.”
Landon Carter: “About what?”
Eric: “About you, about Jamie.”
Landon Carter: “What’s there to talk about? She’s the best person I’ve ever known.”
15. “I held her close to me with my eyes closed, wondering if anything in my life had ever been this perfect and knowing at the same time that it hadn’t. I was in love, and the feeling was even more wonderful than I ever imagined it could be.” – Landon Carter
A Walk to Remember Quotes to Make You Swoon
16. “She was, in other words, the kind of girl who made the rest of us look bad, and whenever she glanced my way, I couldn’t help but feel guilty, even though I hadn’t done anything wrong.” – Landon Carter
17. Landon Carter: “Are you scared?”
Jamie Sullivan: “To death. Lighten up.”
Landon Carter: “It’s not funny.”
Jamie Sullivan: “I’m scared of not being with you.”
Landon Carter: “Oh baby, that’ll never happen. I’ll be here.”
18. Landon Carter: “Can you find this star, right here?”
Jamie Sullivan: “Sure. So why am I looking for this star?”
Landon Carter: “Because I had it named for you. See? It’s official. It’s from the International Star Registry.”
19. Jamie Sullivan: “Dad, look at me. I’m not a child.”
Reverend Sullivan: “Then stop acting childish!”
Jamie Sullivan: “I love him.”
Reverend Sullivan: “Then be fair to him, Jamie—before things get worse.”
Great A Walk to Remember Quotes for Those Who Can’t Forget About the Movie
20. Jamie Sullivan: “Without suffering, there would be no compassion.”
Landon Carter: “Yeah, well, tell that to those who suffer.”
21. “The problem isn’t finding out where you are gonna go—it’s figuring out what you are gonna do once you get there, that is!” – Jame Sullivan
22. Reverend Sullivan: “Do you remember when you were about five or six, and you said you hated gravity? And you wanted to jump off the roof and fly?”
Jamie Sullivan: “I was so angry at you for making me come down.”
Reverend Sullivan: “Honey, if I kept you too close, it’s because I wanted to keep you longer. You know, when I lost your mother, I was afraid that my heart would never open again. Jamie, I couldn’t look at you for days.”
23. Dean: “Bet you can see angels up there flying around.”
Jamie Sullivan: “In fact, there are some things that they call miraculous. Einstein said the more he studied the universe, the more he believed in a higher power.”
24. Jamie Sullivan: “Okay, so you don’t care about classes or graduating, but you like school because you’re popular, and you’ll never be on top again.”
Landon Carter: “That’s thoroughly predictable.”
Jamie Sullivan: “Your act only works on an audience.”
25. “With Jamie, everything was in the Lord’s plan. She always mentioned the Lord’s plan whenever you talked to her, no matter what the subject. The baseball game’s rained out? Must be the Lord’s plan to prevent something worse from happening.” – Landon Carter
Were You Also Heartbroken by Jamie and Landon’s Love Story?
Many people say that love can change you. However, when that someone you love makes you a horrible person, that’s not the kind of love you want to hold on to. In A Walk to Remember, though, Jamie Sullivan changes Landon Carter in the best way possible.
In the movie, Landon is introduced as your typical teenage guy; he’s also someone with a somewhat negative view of life. No one expected anything more of him, leading him to live a mediocre life. But, everything started to change when he met and fell in love with Jamie.
Through their relationship, Carter slowly starts to see just how precious life is, especially with Jamie’s condition. This ultimately led to his growth as a person. In a way, it also represents how love could propel us toward a better, brighter, and more meaningful life.
Love is a compelling force, and in A Walk to Remember, Jamie and Landon’s love could never be broken—even with one’s death. Landon’s love for Jamie also proves how your special someone could inspire you to achieve things you didn’t think were possible.
Though their story didn’t end happily, we must not forget Jamie’s influence on Landon’s life—even long after she was gone. Like what you’ve learned in this list, remember how vital love is in making your life better!