If you’ve already found the one you want to grow old with, then you can undoubtedly relate to these top 20 The Wedding Singer quotes we’ve compiled!
In our lifetimes, we’ll more likely have more than one relationship. When things don’t work out with the ones we love, don’t fret. Sometimes, that just means they’re not the one for you.
The same thing happens with Robbie Hart, played by Adam Sandler. He thought he was going to get married to the love of his life, Linda. Sadly, she left him at the altar.
Everything seems to be against Robbie, but to cheer him up, his friend, Julia Sullivan, asks him to help her with her own wedding. Unexpectedly, the two started falling in love with each other. Their love story might be unconventional, but it teaches us that you can never dictate when true love will come.
So, when you’re heartbroken, remember that the right one for you will come someday. Read through these The Wedding Singer quotes for a better grasp of this topic!
And make sure to check out these Free Guy quotes and Super Troopers quotes.
Best The Wedding Singer Quotes
1. “If you find somebody you can love, you can’t let that get away.” – Sammy
2. “I just want someone to hold me and tell me everything’s going to be alright.” – Sammy
3. “Once again, things that could’ve been brought to my attention yesterday!” – Robbie Hart
4. Julia Sullivan: “Not p*rno tongue. Church tongue.”
Robbie Hart: “Church tongue, I like that.”
5. Mr. Simms: “Do you have any experience?”
Robbie Hart: “No, sir, I have no experience, but I’m a big fan of money. I like it. I use it. I have a little. I keep it in a jar on top of my refrigerator. I’d like to put more in that jar. That’s where you come in.”
6. Petey: “Hey Linda, you’re a bitch.”
Robbie Hart: “Thanks Petey; go back into the house. He might have Tourette Syndrome. We’re looking into it.”
7. Father of the Bride: “You are the worst wedding singer in the world, buddy!”
Robbie Hart: “Sir, one more outburst, I will strangle you with my microphone wire. You understand me?”
Father of the Bride: “Hey, buddy, I’m not paying you to hear your thoughts on life. I’m paying you to sing.”
Robbie Hart: “Well, I have a microphone, and you don’t, so you will listen to every damn word I have to say!”
The Wedding Singer Quotes That You Won’t Get Enough Of
8. “I wanna make you smile whenever you’re sad. Carry you around when your arthritis is bad. All I wanna do is grow old with you. I’ll get your medicine when your tummy aches, build you a fire if the furnace breaks. Oh, it could be so nice, growing old with you. I’ll miss you, kiss you, give you my coat when you are cold. Need you, feed you, I’ll even let you hold the remote control. So let me do the dishes in the kitchen sink, put you to bed when you’ve had too much to drink. Oh, I could be the man to grow old with you. I wanna grow old with you.” – Robbie Hart
9. “Hey, psycho—we’re not gonna discuss this, okay? It’s over. Please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band, and they break up.” – Robbie Hart
10. “Alright, remember—alcohol equals puke equals smelly mess equals nobody likes you!” – Robbie Hart
11. “Don’t you talk to Billy Idol that way!” – Plane Passenger
12. Julia Sullivan: “May I ask what happened with Linda?”
Robbie Hart: “She wasn’t the right one, I guess.”
Julia Sullivan: “Did you have any idea she wasn’t the right one when you were together?”
Robbie Hart: “I should have. Uh, I remember we went to the Grand Canyon one time. We were flying there, and I’d never been there before, and Linda had, so you would think that she would give me the window seat, but she didn’t and—not that that’s a big deal, you know. It’s just there were a lot of little things like that. I know that sounds stupid—.”
Julia Sullivan: “Not at all. I think it’s the little things that count.”
13. Robbie Hart: “You hit two cones back there. Those could have been people; they could have been guests at her wedding!”
Sammy: “They were cones!”
14. “You don’t know how much I need you. While you’re near me, I don’t feel blue, and when we kiss I know you need me too. I can’t believe I found a love that’s so pure and true. But it all was bullshit. It was a g*ddamn joke and when I think of you, Linda, I hope you f*cking choke. I hope you’re glad with what you’ve done to me. I lay in bed all day long feeling melancholy. You left me here, all alone, tears running constantly. Oh, would somebody kill me, please? Somebody kill me, please. I’m on my knees, pretty pretty please! Kill me! I want to die! Put a bullet in my head!” – Robbie Hart
Funny The Wedding Singer Quotes to Make You Smile
15. “You’re going to the mental institution!” – Robbie Hart
16. Airport Clerk: “Do you like Flock of Seagulls?”
Robbie Hart: “I can see you do.”
17. “But the worst thing is that Me, Fatty, Sideburns Lady, and the mutants over at table nine, will never ever find a way to better the situation because apparently, we have nothing to offer the opposite sex.” – Robbie Hart
18. Rosie: “Are you nervous?”
Robbie Hart: “I’m actually not that nervous. I’ve been around lots of weddings before, so I figure it won’t be very different.”
Rosie: “I didn’t mean about the wedding. I meant about the wedding night. Will this be your first time with intercourse?”
Robbie Hart: “Uh—.”
Rosie: “Well, don’t be ashamed. You know, when I got married, I wasn’t a virgin. I’d already had intercourse with eight men.”
Robbie Hart: “Now, that’s something I didn’t wanna know about.”
Rosie: “That was a lot back then; it’d be like 200 today!”
19. Julia Sullivan: “I puked.”
Robbie Hart: “Okay. Don’t worry.”
Julia Sullivan: “I vomited in my hair.”
Robbie Hart: “Alright.”
Julia Sullivan: “Does my hair smell bad?”
Robbie Hart: “No, it smells good, actually.”
20. Glenn’s Friend: “Robbie Hart? Oh, man, I heard what happened to you at your wedding, that was so cold! You must’ve felt like shit!”
Robbie Hart: “No, it felt real good. Thanks for bringing that up, man. Hey, my parents died when I was 10. Would you like to talk about that?”
Glenn’s Friend: “No, why would I wanna talk about that?”
Robbie Hart: “I don’t know.”
Do You Think You’ve Found the Person to Spend the Rest of Your Life With?
It may seem cliche, but as the saying goes, “Love can be found in unexpected places.” In The Wedding Singer, both Robbie Hart and Julia Sullivan thought they had already found the person they wanted to grow old with. It’s even come to the point that they planned their weddings!
However, some things just aren’t meant to be, and we can never force love. So, instead of holding on to a relationship that’s going nowhere, learn to let go. After all, the time will come when you will be beside the person who’s truly meant for you.
They might not be in your life right now—or they could already be close to you; you just haven’t noticed their value in your life yet! So, never settle for anything less than true love. If you’re patient, open, and willing to explore, then you might just find the one for you around the corner.
Don’t be afraid of breakups because it’ll be a chance for you to explore who you truly are and what you want out of a partner. Whenever you need a reminder or a guide, check this list of quotes again. Make sure you keep it in your bookmarks for easier access!