Take in your daily dose of swoon-worthy lines through this collection of the best The Notebook quotes!
Many say The Notebook is one of the most romantic tear-jerker movies. We’d have to agree, as this has many quotable lines that will make you fall in love all over again. Even just reminiscing about Allie and Noah’s love story is enough for you to blush or shed a tear!
The Notebook is based on Nicholas Sparks’s novel of the same title, and just from that, you should already ready yourself a box of tissues. Like many love stories, it shows how social class, opinions of others, and time can do nothing to break apart a love that’s meant to be.
They might have been separated from each other for more than a decade. But, instead of their love fading away, it only grew stronger and more resilient. No matter what others say, Allie and Noah loved each other so much that they were able to find their way back to each other again.
Read these The Notebook quotes we’ve compiled and be inspired by their love story. Each line will definitely make you cry, so prepare for a rollercoaster ride of emotions!
And don’t forget to check out these A Walk to Remember quotes.
Best The Notebook Quotes
1. Allie Hamilton: “Do you think our love can take us away together?”
Noah Calhoun: “I think our love can do anything we want it to.”
2. “I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I’ve ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, every day we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours.” – Noah Calhoun
3. “I am no one special, just a common man with common thoughts. I’ve led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me, and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect, I’ve succeeded as gloriously as anyone who ever lived. I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul, and for me, that has always been enough.” – Noah Calhoun
4. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that’s what you’ve given me. That’s what I’d hoped to give you forever.” – Noah Calhoun
5. “Will you stop thinking about what everyone wants?! Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do you want? What do you want?” – Noah Calhoun
6. “So it’s not gonna be easy, it’s gonna be really hard. And we’re gonna have to work at this every day, but I wanna do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever. You and me. Everyday.” – Noah Calhoun
7. “Well, that’s what we do; we fight. You tell me when I am being an arrogant son of the bitch, and I tell you when you’re a pain in the ass. Which you are, 99% of the time. I’m not afraid to hurt your feelings. You have, like, a two-second rebound rate, then you’re back doing the next pain-in-the-ass thing.” – Noah Calhoun
8. “You know I want to give you all the things you want. But I can’t. Because they’re gone. They’re broken.” – Noah Calhoun
9. “It was real, wasn’t it? You and me. Such a long time ago; we were just a couple of kids. But we really loved each other, didn’t we?” – Allie Hamilton
Famous The Notebook Quotes
10. “I wrote you 365 letters. I wrote to you every day for a year. It wasn’t over—it still isn’t over.” – Noah Calhoun
11. “If you’re a bird, I’m a bird.” – Noah Calhoun
12. “Read this to me, and I’ll come back to you.” – Allie Hamilton
13. “She made me who I am, and holding her in my arms was more natural to me than my own heartbeat.” – Noah Calhoun
14. “You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you—even if it hurts some people you love.” – Noah Calhoun
15. “This is just a fight we’re having, and tomorrow it will be like it never happened, right?” – Allie Hamilton
16. Allie Hamilton: “What happens if a car comes?”
Noah Calhoun: “We die.”
The Notebook Quotes About Love
17. “Poets often describe love as an emotion that we can’t control, one that overwhelms logic and common sense. That’s what it was like for me.” – Noah Calhoun
18. “Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons. But when all is said and done, they have one thing in common. They are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity. And in a flash, they’re gone.” – Noah Calhoun
19. “They didn’t agree on much. In fact, they rarely agreed on anything. They fought all the time—and they challenged each other every day. But despite their differences, they had one important thing in common: they were crazy about each other.” – Noah Calhoun
20. “You are my best friend as well as my lover, and I do not know which side of you I enjoy the most. I treasure each side, just as I have treasured our life together.” – Noah Calhoun
The Notebook Quotes for All the Romantics
21. “The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.” – Noah Calhoun
22. “I’m gonna ask you one more time, will you or will you not go out with me? I think my hand’s slipping.” – Noah Calhoun
23. “I lost you once; I think I can do it again—if I thought that’s what you really wanted. But don’t you take the easy way out.” – Noah Calhoun
24. “I could be fun if you want. I could be pensive, uh, smart, superstitious, brave? And I, uh, I can be light on my feet. I could be whatever you want. You just tell me what you want, and I’m gonna be that for you.” – Noah Calhoun
25. “I couldn’t sleep last night because I know that it’s over between us. I’m not bitter anymore because I know that what we had was real.” – Noah Calhoun
26. “You don’t know me, but I know me. And when I see something that I like, I gotta—I love it. I go crazy for it.” – Noah Calhoun
27. “You are the answer to every prayer I’ve offered. You are a song, a dream, a whisper, and I don’t know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have.” – Noah Calhoun
28. “It’s not about keepin’ your promises, and it’s not about followin’ your heart. It’s about security.” – Noah Calhoun
29. “It was an improbable romance. He was a country boy. She was from the city. She had the world at her feet, while he didn’t have two dimes to rub together.” – Noah Calhoun
More The Notebook Quotes That Are Packed With Meaning
30. “What easy way? There is no easy way. No matter what I do, somebody gets hurt!” – Allie Hamilton
31. “A woman knows when a man looks into her eyes and sees someone else.” – Martha Shaw
32. “Remember that time in the park? Everything felt so real. But now I know that life is just an imagination—a pure imagination, and childhood dream shot to tears, due to the anxiety of tomorrow.” – Allie Hamilton
33. “Because I might know you a little better than you think. And I don’t want you wakin’ up one mornin’ thinkin’ if you’d known everything, you might have done somethin’ different.” – Anne Hamilton
34. “Science only goes so far, and then comes God.” – Noah Calhoun
35. Harry: “I keep tryin’ to die, but they won’t let me.”
Noah Calhoun: “Well, you can’t have everything.”
Do You Aspire to Find a Love Like Allie and Noah’s?
Often, we only hear love stories that are either grand or tragic. But, love doesn’t have to be loud to be considered great. All kinds of love are life-changing, even those that ordinary people experience—like Allie and Noah’s love story.
They struggled a lot in their relationship. The two of them fought, argued, and got separated, but they also made up and grew stronger from their challenges. Allie and Noah fought for their love because they knew, deep inside, that they were meant for each other.
In our world filled with millions of people, how lucky are you if you find your once-in-a-lifetime kind of love? This is what happened in The Notebook when Allie and Noah fell in love. So, if you’re lucky enough to find your special someone like they did, never let go.
There will be various circumstances that will push you to give up. But, like what we’ve learned from The Notebook, these struggles are also part of your great love story! Keep fighting and keep loving; soon, you’ll conquer everything in your path.