Push yourself to live a long and healthy life by reading these age quotes that will change your perspective in life!
We often hear the phrase, “Age is just a number.”
This statement is usually used when people want to cover up their true age. But, if we’re going to think about it, age is not something to be ashamed of; instead, it should be embraced.
As humans, we are designed to grow and mature over time. The cycle of life is inescapable and inevitable—and it begins the moment we are born. It’s natural to experience different changes in our bodies and minds each year.
Aging is a glorious process that allows us to live a long life. Yet, some people mistakenly think it is horrible because they view it as a time of weakness, frailty, and feebleness.
They don’t know that aging can be a beautiful experience if we embrace it with positivity and courage.
So, if you think aging makes you stop doing whatever you want in life, then read our complete list below.
It will make you realize that getting older doesn’t mean giving up your dreams. Instead, it means growing up and opening more doors for yourself!
Keep reading below.
Best Age Quotes
1. “Aging is not lost youth but a new stage of opportunity and strength.” – Betty Friedan
2. “Age does not depend upon years but upon temperament and health. Some men are born old, and some never grow up.” – Tryon Edwards
3. “Aging is just another word for living.” – Cindy Joseph
4. “Life isn’t about your age. Life is about living. So when your birthday comes, be thankful for the year that has just passed and anticipate with a happy heart what the coming year will bring.” – Catherine Pulsifer
5. “Age happens. No matter how much money you spend on damage control, how healthy you eat, or what vitamins you take, age happens.” – Annie Keys
6. “People say that age is just a state of mind. I say it’s more about the state of your body.” – Geoffrey Parfitt
7. “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” – Mark Twain
8. “Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough.” – Groucho Marx
9. “The older I grow, the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom.” – H. L. Mencken
10. “Every age can be enchanting, provided you live within it.” – Brigitte Bardot
Famous Age Quotes
11. “Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.” – Tom Stoppard
12. “Age is getting to know all the ways the world turns so that if you cannot turn the world the way you want, you can at least get out of the way so you won’t get run over.” – Miriam Makeba
13. “Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art.” – Stanisław Jerzy Lec
14. “Aging is natural, and that’s going to happen to all of us. I just want to always look like myself, even if that’s an older version of myself.” – Halle Berry
15. “Sometimes age succeeds, sometimes it fails. It depends on you.” – Ravensara Noite
16. “I don’t look my age, I don’t feel my age, and I don’t act my age. To me, age is just a number.” – Joan Collins
Also read: Famous Quotes
Inspiring Age Quotes to Uplift You
17. “Age is simply the number of years the world has enjoyed you!” – Nishan Panwar
18. “I like the way I look. I like the way I feel. I like my energy. I have wisdom. I have perspective, and I can tell you that aging can be so incredible.” – Suzanne Somers
19. “Your age isn’t you. Use today to feel your best, celebrate and be your very happiest.” – M. Rivers
20. “It’s wonderful to know you’re aging because that means you’re still on the planet, right?” – Goldie Hawn
21. “The years ahead are ours to win and cherish. We cannot let anything—least of all our age—stand in our way!” – Tina Sloan
22. “Count your blessings for your age, as there are many who never get the opportunity.” – Catherine Pulsifer
23. “There is a certain part of all of us that lives outside of time. Perhaps we become aware of our age only at exceptional moments, and most of the time, we are ageless.” – Milan Kundera
24. “Age should not have its face lifted, but it should rather teach the world to admire wrinkles as the etchings of experience and the firm line of character.” – Ralph Barton Perry
25. “A man’s age is something impressive; it sums up his life—maturity reached slowly and against many obstacles, illnesses cured, griefs and despairs overcome, and unconscious risks are taken; maturity formed through so many desires, hopes, regrets, forgotten things, loves. A man’s age represents a fine cargo of experiences and memories.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Powerful Age Quotes That’ll Give You Wisdom
26. “With age comes a lot of wisdom, and I’m happier now than I’ve ever been.” – Jada Pinkett Smith
27. “Age is wisdom if one has lived one’s life properly.” – Miriam Makeba
28. “Wisdom doesn’t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.” – Tom Wilson
29. “Age is just the amount of time that you have been on earth; what really matters is where you are going after your time is up.” – Nishan Panwar
Short Age Quotes That Everyone Should Read
30. “We are always the same age inside.” – Gertrude Stein
31. “Age is a matter of feeling, not of years.” – George William Curtis
32. “Age swallows our childhood.” – Terri Guillemets
33. “Age is how we determine how valuable you are.” – Jane Elliot
34. “Life, an age to the miserable, and a moment to the happy.” – Francis Bacon
35. “Age is no barrier. It’s a limitation you put on your mind.” – Jackie Joyner-Kersee
36. “Age carries all things away, even the mind.” – Publius Vergilius Maro Virgil
37. “Age doesn’t matter—if that matter does not age.” – Carlos P. Romulo
38. “Age is such a natural progression you shouldn’t fight it.” – Ann-Margret
39. “Age attacks when we least expect it.” – Terri Guillemets
40. “Age has been the perfect fire extinguisher for flaming youth.” – Navjot Singh Sidhu
41. “No matter what your age, you can be great.” – Kishore Bansal
42. “Age is like love. It cannot be hidden.” – Thomas Dekker
43. “Age is no guarantee of maturity.” – Lawana Blackwell
44. “Your age does not define you; you define your age.” – Vincent Archer
Insightful Age Quotes That’ll Change Your Worldview
45. “I don’t believe one grows older. I think that what happens early on in life is that at a certain age, one stands still and stagnates.” – T. S. Eliot
46. “Age is whatever you think it is. You are as old as you think you are.” – Muhammad Ali
47. “Age is an opportunity no less than youth itself, though in another dress.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
48. “Age is a necessary but insufficient requirement for growing up. There are immature old people, and there are appropriately mature young people.” – Henry Cloud
49. “Once we hit a certain age, growing older becomes just a number. We start to dread when a birthday comes; we want to be much younger.” – Catherine Pulsifer
Age Quotes to Help You Overcome the Fear of Growing Old
50. “Remember though that age is not to be feared. You are just achieving your prime.” – Catherine Pulsifer
51. “Age is a slowing down of everything except fear.” – Mignon McLaughlin
52. “Age holds absolutely no fear for me. There is so much enjoyment ahead.” – Penélope Cruz
53. “He who is of a calm and happy nature will hardly feel the pressure of age, but to him who is of an opposite disposition, youth and age are equally a burden.” – Plato
Poetic Age Quotes to Make You Feel Better About Getting Older
54. “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” – John Lennon
55. “Age may wrinkle the face, but lack of enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.” – Danish Proverb
56. “Age, which lessens the enjoyment of life—increases our desire to live.” – Oliver Goldsmith
57. “The wiser mind mourns less for what age takes away than what it leaves behind.” – William Wordsworth
58. “Age is not all decay. It is the ripening, the swelling, of the fresh life within that withers and bursts the husk.” – George Macdonald
Funny Age Quotes
59. “The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.” – Lucille Ball
60. “Age is not important unless you’re a cheese.” – Helen Hayes
61. “Age imprints more wrinkles in the mind than it does on the face.” – Michel de Montaigne
62. “Age is just a number. It’s totally irrelevant unless, of course, you happen to be a bottle of wine.” – Joan Collins
63. “A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman’s birthday but never remembers her age.” – Robert Frost
64. “I think all this talk about age is foolish. Every time I’m one year older, everyone else is too.” – Gloria Swanson
65. “I believe the true function of age is memory. I’m recording as fast as I can.” – Rita Mae Brown
66. “Age appears to be best in four things—old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read.” – Alonso de Aragón
67. “Age does not diminish the extreme disappointment of having a scoop of ice cream fall from the cone.” – Jim Fiebig
More Quotes About Aging
68. “Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age.” – Anaïs Nin
69. “What our age lacks is not a reflection but a passion.” – Søren Kierkegaard
70. “They say that age is all in your mind. The trick is keeping it from creeping down into your body.” – Anonymous
Do You Think Age Is a Limitation or a Source of Encouragement?
As we age, there are many things that we are told we should stop doing. Sadly, many believe in these statements, leading them to give up what they truly enjoy in life. However, this is so far from the truth!
Aging does not mean you must stop following your dreams. After all, many successful and content people don’t mind their ages and find ways to live their lives to the fullest.
One cannot deny that age can make it hard for us to do certain things. Still, it’s not a reason to completely abandon our passions.
As long as you want to dream and you are willing to put in the effort, there is nothing that can stop you from achieving your goals in life. No matter your age, you can travel the world and live the life of your dreams. So don’t let your age hold you back, and start living a life that makes you happy!
Hopefully, this list of quotes was able to make you feel proud of your age. Always remember that, as we get older, we also gain experience and wisdom that can be very valuable for the people around us. So, appreciate every moment you spend on this planet, and never forget to follow your heart!