Our younger years are the best years of our lives filled with unforgettable memories, so to help you reminisce about your favorite days, check out this list of the top 60 youth quotes!
We all know that we do not stay young forever. Time flies by so fast, and it’s important to cherish every season of our lives. If we idly wait, we won’t be able to explore and experience new things because our time will slowly run out.
So, go out there and make the most out of every second. Aging and growing old are inevitable. But, if you take a leap of faith and just try to enjoy the things that make your heart swell with joy, then at the end of the day, you can say that you lived a full and meaningful life.
To help you make sure you never miss a moment to cherish and enjoy your youth, we’ve prepared some of the best quotes about it in the list below. Don’t miss out and read through to the end!
Check out the list below.
Best Youth Quotes
1. “Youth is the period in which a man can be hopeless. The end of every episode is the end of the world. But the power of hoping through everything, the knowledge that the soul survives its adventures, that great inspiration comes to the middle-aged.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
2. “Preventing the conflicts of tomorrow means changing the mindset of youth today.” – Graça Mache
3. “Youth is about the only thing worth having, and that is about the only thing youth has.” – Edgar Watson Howe
4. “This is what is missing in the youth today. This being able to dream and to change the world.” – Bernardo Bertolucci
5. “Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.” – Franz Kafka
6. “This world demands the qualities of youth; not a time of life but a state of mind, a temper of the will, a quality of the imagination, a predominance of courage over timidity, of the appetite for adventure over the life of ease.” – Robert F. Kennedy
Inspirational Youth Quotes
7. “Enjoy your youth. You’ll never be younger than you are at this very moment.” – Chad Sugg
8. “The power of youth is the commonwealth for the entire world. The faces of young people are the faces of our past, our present, and our future. No segment in society can match with the power, idealism, enthusiasm, and courage of the young people.” – Kailash Satyarthi
9. “The excitement of learning separates youth from old age. As long as you’re learning you’re not old.” – Rosalyn Sussman Yalow
10. “Youthfulness is about how you live, not when you were born.” – Karl Lagerfeld
11. “You are only young once, and if you work it right, once is enough.” – Joe E. Lewis
12. “There is always some specific moment when we become aware that our youth is gone; but, years after, we know it was much later.” – Mignon McLaughlin
13. “Every youth owes it to himself and to the world to make the most possible out of the stuff that is in him.” – Orison Swett Marden
14. “When you’re young, you think everything you do is disposable. You move from now to now, crumpling time up in your hands, tossing it away. You’re your own speeding car. You think you can get rid of things and people too—leave them behind. You don’t yet know about the habit they have of coming back. Time in dreams is frozen. You can never get away from where you’ve been.” – Margaret Atwood
Short Youth Quotes for Life-Changing Wisdom
15. “Youth is the best time to be rich, and the best time to be poor.” – Euripides
16. “Youth is a quality, not a matter of circumstances.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
17. “Enjoy the power of your beauty and your youth.” – Baz Luhrmann
18. “Youth is not a question of years—one is young or old from birth.” – Natalie Clifford Barney
19. “Youth comes but once in a lifetime.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
20. “You are only young once, but you can be immature forever.” – John P. Grier
21. “The habits of our youth accompany us in our old age.” – Latin Proverb
22. “Youth is certain what it rejects before it knows what it will accept.” – Jean Cocteau
23. “Youth is wasted on the young.” – George Bernand Shaw
24. “Youth is a dream, a form of chemical madness.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
25. “The youth of a nation are the trustees of posterity.” – Benjamin Disraeli
26. “The youth is the hope of our future.” – Jose Rizal
27. “I’m youth, I’m joy, I’m a little bird that has broken out of the egg.” – James M. Barrie
Youth Quotes That’ll Make You Think
28. “What youth learns, age does not forget.” – Danish Proverb
29. “In youth we learn; in age we understand.” – Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
30. “Youth is a gift of nature, but age is a work of art.” – Stanislav Lee
31. “It is an illusion that youth is happy, an illusion of those who have lost it.” – W. Somerset Maugham
32. “Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life.” – Herbert Henry Asquith
33. “Youth is that period when a young boy knows everything but how to make a living.” – Carey Williams
34. “Youth lives on hope, old age on memories.” – Anonymous
35. “Young people don’t know what age is, and old people forget what youth was.” – English Proverb
36. “The youth can walk faster, but the elder knows the road.” – African Proverb
37. “Age is honorable, and youth is noble.” – Irish Proverb
38. “Cherish youth, but trust old age.” – Native American Proverb
39. “Youth does not mind where it sets its foot.” – Irish Proverbs
Meaningful Youth Quotes for Better Days Ahead
40. “Youth is not a time of life; it is a state of mind; it is not a matter of rosy cheeks, red lips, and supple knees; it is a matter of the will, quality of the imagination, a vigor of the emotions; it is the freshness of the deep springs of life.” – Samuel Ullman
41. “Youth is to all the glad season of life; but often only by what it hopes, not by what it attains, or what it escapes.” – Thomas Carlyle
42. “The deepest definition of youth is life as yet untouched by tragedy.” – Alfred North Whitehead
43. “Youth offers the promise of happiness, but life offers the realities of grief.” – Nicholas Sparks
44. “Youth is something I never wanna take for granted. I just want to smile and live life.” – Tyler, The Creator
45. “Youth is not a time of life; it is a state of mind. You are as old as your doubt, your fear, your despair. The way to keep young is to keep your faith young. Keep your self-confidence young. Keep your hope young.” – Luella F. Phelan
Youth Quotes That’ll Encourage You to Be More Optimistic
46. “When you’re young, everything feels like the end of the world, but it’s not—it’s just the beginning.” – Zac Efron
47. “We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
48. “The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore they attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.” – Pearl S. Buck
49. “Young is the one that plunges in the future and never looks back.” – Milan Kundera
Youth Quotes to Remind You of the Joy of Being Young
50. “Where you sit when you are old shows where you stood in the youth.” – African proverb
51. “How beautiful is youth! How bright it gleams with its illusions, aspirations, and dreams! Book of beginnings, story without end, each maid a heroine, and each man a friend!” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
52. “Good habits formed at youth make all the difference.” – Aristotle
53. “When we’re young, everything is possible; when we’re old, possibilities are everything.” – Mardy Grothe
54. “The elastic heart of youth cannot be compressed into one constrained shape long at a time.” – Mark Twain
55. “Youth is something very new—20 years ago, no one mentioned it.” – Coco Chanel
Other Youth Quotes for Everyone
56. “Well, youth is the period of assumed personalities and disguises. It is the time of the sincerely insincere.” – V. S. Pritchett
57. “Youth! There is nothing like youth. The middle-aged are mortgaged to Life. The old are in life’s lumber—room. But youth is the Lord of life. Youth has a kingdom waiting for it. Everyone is born a king, and most people die in exile.” – Oscar Wilde
58. “It is not possible for civilization to flow backward while there is youth in the world. Youth may be headstrong, but it will advance its allotted length.” – Helen Keller
59. “There is a fountain of youth—it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of the people you love.” – Sophia Loren
60. “The future of the world belongs to the youth of the world, and it is from the youth and not from the old that the fire of life will warm and enlighten the world. It is your privilege to breathe the breath of life into the dry bones of many around you.” – Tom Mann
Did These Youth Quotes Push You to Enjoy Your Younger Years?
Young people always say they’re excited to grow up and become adults. They become so blinded by thoughts of independence and freedom that they forget that the time they’re young is slowly slipping by. They think that adulthood is when the fun starts, but really, each and every season of life should be enjoyed and cherished.
While there are many perks about being an adult, one must not forget the many pros of being young. When you’re young, you’re free to make more mistakes and learn more; many things can still surprise you and bring you joy, too. Your youth is the time when the zest of life is at its peak, so don’t ever let a single moment pass you by!
We must all avoid the regret that comes when we fail to enjoy our younger years. So, don’t be too eager to grow up and enter adulthood. Instead, appreciate your time now and have fun with your life.
With that, we hope that these youth quotes we’ve compiled were able to remind you of the importance of enjoying every day of your life. You only live once; enjoy and have fun while you are young!