If you’re here because you are worried about getting older, read these old age quotes that’ll show you that aging is a natural and beautiful part of life!
As we all know, growing old is a natural process. We can’t stop time, and we can’t escape the reality that we are getting older every day.
But, it’s not something to be afraid of because aging is an inevitable part of our lives.
As time passes, we learn to appreciate the beautiful things in life—love, family, and friends. As much as we all would rather stay young, growing old has a certain beauty to it, too.
There are many benefits to living a long life, like having wisdom, knowledge, and experience that no one else around you has.
Read through our list below to inspire you to live a fulfilling life. It will make you realize that old age is something to be celebrated rather than feared.
So, starting now, strive to live a happy and meaningful life and explore this world!
And don’t forget to check out these age quotes.
Best Old Age Quotes
1. “Old age is a good and pleasant thing. It is true you are gently shouldered off the stage, but then you are given such a comfortable front stall as a spectator.” – Confucius
2. “Old age is all about the golden years, which are the best years of your life.” – Joe Allen
3. “Old age is like a plane flying through a storm. Once you’re aboard, there’s nothing you can do.” – Golda Meir
4. “To keep the heart unwrinkled—to be hopeful, kindly, cheerful, reverent—that is to triumph over old age.” – Thomas Bailey Aldrich
5. “The harvest of old age is the recollection and abundance of blessings previously secured.” – Cicero
6. “Old age may have its limitations and challenges, but in spite of them, our latter years can be some of the most rewarding and fulfilling of our lives.” – Billy Graham
7. “Old age is far more than white hair, wrinkles, the feeling that it is too late and the game finished, that the stage belongs to the rising generations. The true evil is not the weakening of the body but the indifference of the soul.” – André Maurois
8. “Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you’ve got to start young.” – Theodore Roosevelt
9. “Old age has deformities enough of its own. It should never add to them the deformity of vice.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
10. “The great thing about getting older is that you get a chance to tell the people in your life who matter what they mean to you.” – Mike Love
Inspirational Quotes for Old Age
11. “There is a beautiful thing inside you that is thousands of years old. Too old to be captured in poems. Too old to be loved by everyone. But loved so very deeply by a chosen few.” – Nikita Gill
12. “Getting older makes you more alive—more vitality, more interest, more intelligence, more grace, more expansion.” – Jamie Lee Curtis
13. “I wouldn’t be young again even if it were possible, but I am not going to pretend that growing old is all sweetness and light.” – Ruth Rendell Young
14. “Getting old is like climbing a mountain; you get a little out of breath, but the view is much better!” – Ingrid Bergman
15. “Growing older can zap our energy, change our perspective, and challenge our stability. Yet the longing to make a difference in the ones we love lingers, like the fragrance in a home when a sweet candle’s flame has been extinguished.” – Rebecca Barlow Jordan
16. “Old age is a time that means different things to different people, and for me, it means that I plan to have all the fun I missed out on when young.” – Richard de Meath
Also read: Inspirational Quotes
Short Old Age Quotes That’ll Shift Your Perspective
17. “Old age is a shipwreck.” – Charles de Gaulle
18. “Old age is when the liver spots show through your gloves.” – Phyllis Diller
19. “Old age is just a record of one’s whole life.” – Muhammad Ali
20. “All diseases run into one, old age.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
21. “The only thing that comes to you without effort is old age.” – Anonymous
22. “Old age and the passage of time teach all things.” – Sophocles
23. “It’s not how old you are, it’s how you are old.” – Jules Renard
24. “Old age comes on suddenly, and not gradually as is thought.” – Emily Dickinson
Old Age Quotes to Think About
25. “How young can you die of old age?” – Steven Wright
26. “Sometimes I think it would be easier to avoid old age, to die young, but then you’d never complete your life, would you?” – Marilyn Monroe
27. “I don’t mind being older. I’m proud of my age. I’ve achieved a lot—isn’t it strange that now we’re living longer, we have so much less respect for old age?” – Jerry Hall
Funny Old Age Quotes to Brighten Up Your Day
28. “One of the positives of getting older is that you forget your age. Then you find out that you’re younger than you thought you were.” – Michael McIntyre
29. “I highly recommend getting older! There’s less tendency to people-please.” – Alanis Morissette
30. “Children are the leading cause of old age.” – Anonymous
31. “With old age comes wisdom and discounts!” – Anonymous
32. “One benefit of old age is that your secrets are safe with your friends—they can’t remember them either!” – Anonymous
33. “Old age is one of those things that you fight and work hard to do everything the commercials on television and the magazine in the beauty parlor say to do so it doesn’t happen.” – Annie Keys
Also read: Funny Quotes
Insightful Old Age Quotes That Instill Wisdom
34. “The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of the child into old age, which means never losing your enthusiasm.” – Aldous Huxley
35. “Old age is the most unexpected of all the things that can happen to a man.” – James Thurber
36. “To know how to grow old is the masterwork of wisdom, and one of the most difficult chapters in the great art of living.” – Herman Melville
37. “The secret of a good old age is simply an honorable pact with solitude.” – Gabriel García Márquez
38. “Just getting older, you stop caring what other people think, but also, you know who you are, and you know what you want.” – Sharon Van Etten
39. “Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young.” – Dorothy Canfield
40. “The answer to old age is to keep one’s mind busy and to go on with one’s life as if it were interminable.” – Leon Edel
41. “Old age is not a disease—it is strength and survivorship, triumph over all kinds of vicissitudes and disappointments, trials and illnesses.” – Maggie Kuhn
42. “The older you get, the more quiet you become. Life humbles you so deeply as you age.” – Anonymous
43. “You end up as you deserve. In old age, you must put up with the face, the friends, the health, and the children you have earned.” – Fay Weldon
Old Age Quotes to Make You Reminisce Your Favorite Memories
44. “Cherish all your happy moments; they make a fine cushion for old age.” – Booth Tarkington
45. “In old age, we are like a batch of letters that someone has sent. We are no longer in the past; we have arrived.” – Knut Hamsun
46. “In the continuum between our youth and old age, a lot of stuff happened, some good, some bad, some life-changing, some life stealing, some painful, some joyful, some memorable.” – Rick Steiner
Old Age Quotes That Everyone Should Read
47. “Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance.” – David Mamet
48. “In youth, we run into difficulties. In old age, difficulties run into us.” – Josh Billings
49. “In youth, the days are short, and the years are long. In old age, the years are short and days long.” – Pope Paul VI
50. “The young have aspirations that never come to pass; the old have reminiscences of what never happened.” – Saki Reginald
Old Age Quotes That Talk About Death
51. “Old age, calm, expanded, broad with the haughty breadth of the universe, old age flowing free with the delicious nearby freedom of death.” – Edith Wharton
52. “It is a little disappointing to see that your legs are not as strong. But I like the idea of growing old, and the thought of approaching death is not particularly daunting to me.” – Francis Ford Coppola
53. “It is old age, rather than death, that is to be contrasted with life. Old age is life’s parody, whereas death transforms life into a destiny—in a way, it preserves it by giving it the absolute dimension. Death does away with time.” – Simone de Beauvoir
More Old Age Quotes to Help You Reflect on Life
54. “But an old age serene and bright, and lovely as a Lapland night, shall lead thee to thy grave.” – William Wordsworth
55. “Learning is an ornament in prosperity, a refuge in adversity, and a provision in old age.” – Aristotle
56. “When illness and old age are no longer indulgent, and strength is irrevocably seeping away, the brightness fades insidiously away from the light of the day, and time only betrays reckless evanescence.” – Erik Pevernagie
57. “It’s old age—not a surprise; we knew it was coming—make the most of it. So you may not be as fast on your feet, and the image in your mirror may be a little disappointing, but if you are still functioning and not in pain, gratitude should be the name of the game.” – Betty White
58. “When you are old and grey and full of sleep and nodding by the fire, take down this book, and slowly read, and dream of the soft look your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep.” – William Butler Yeats
59. “It is not all bad, this getting old, ripening. After the fruit has got its growth, it should juice up and mellow. God forbid I should live long enough to ferment and rot and fall to the ground in a squash.” – Josh Billings
60. “Sometimes people describe my hair as gray, but I prefer the term silver, for I will never grow gray. Gray is a mindset, a metaphor for growing old, but silver is vibrant and alive, a celebration of life.” – Marty Norman
How Do You Feel About Growing Old?
Old age isn’t just about retirement, grandkids, and rocking chairs on porches. It’s also about maturity, wisdom, and an increased appreciation for life. So, if you are worried about getting old, you shouldn’t be.
If we’re going to look at our elderly, they have a lot of stories to tell. This is because they have experienced enough to know what they want and don’t want. Perhaps this is also why many seniors live active lifestyles instead of being confined to their homes.
Through the aging process, we also better understand how life and time work. Everything is fleeting and temporary, so let’s make memories that we can treasure for the rest of our lives!
Don’t worry about getting older. After all, you don’t have to let aging stop you from living the way you want. Instead, use your remaining days to live happily and passionately with a strong sense of self-fulfillment.
With that, we hope this list of quotes was able to give you a better understanding of old age. Always remember to cherish every moment of your life so that you may be able to share wisdom and knowledge with the next generations to come.