If you need some encouraging words that’ll inspire you to keep going, then you shouldn’t miss out on these Annie quotes we’ve compiled.
Life is already hard, so imagine how difficult it is without parents to help you through it. This is the very thing that Annie experiences. She’s an orphan living in Hudson Street Orphanage in New York City.
It’s tough to survive in New York, and it wasn’t any easier inside the orphanage as Agatha Hannigan managed it, a cruel alcoholic who treated the children as a nuisance. Although this is the case, Annie remains hopeful, kind, and loving.
Annie, in the end, became part of Oliver Warbucks’s family, where she was treated with the utmost care and love. She is an inspiration—not only to young kids but also adults—to keep pushing forward no matter how tough your life is.
Learn more about her and the other characters below.
Best Annie Quotes
1. “Yesterday was plain awful, but that’s not now; that’s then.” – Annie Bennett Warbucks
2. “You are special. Never stop believing in that!” – Oliver Warbucks
3. “Buddha says, ‘A child without courage is like a night without stars!’” – Punjab
4. “The sun’ll come out Tomorrow, so you gotta hang on till tomorrow, come what may! Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love ya, Tomorrow!” – Annie Bennett Warbucks
5. “You love money and power and capitalism? You know they’re never going to love you back.” – Grace Farrell
6. “You’re never fully dressed without a smile.” – Molly (Charles Strouse and Martin Charnin)
Inspiring Annie Quotes for Everybody
7. “I didn’t want to be just another orphan, Mr. Warbucks. I wanted to believe I was special.” – Annie Bennett Warbucks
8. “I don’t need sunshine now to turn my skies to blue. I don’t need anything but you.” – Annie Bennett Warbucks
9. “I’m not giving up. Don’t you give up.” – Oliver Warbucks
10. “They say it can land on a dime—whatever that may be.” – Oliver Warbucks
11. Annie Bennett Warbucks: “Close your eyes. Think about your folks.”
Molly: “You’re the only one who really has folks. Mine are dead.”
Annie Bennett Warbucks: “Think about the folks who want to adopt you, because they want a little girl with brown hair and brown eyes.”
Annie Quotes That You Can Relate To
12. “Girls are easier to get used to than boys. Look how used to Miss Farrell you are.” – Annie Bennett Warbucks
13. “Pepper lies a lot. She probably hasn’t been to a movie, either. Actually, I think it’s better when you don’t know what you’re missing.” – Annie Bennett Warbucks
14. Annie Bennett Warbucks: “She does all the work around here, and you don’t even know her first name.”
Oliver Warbucks: “I do; it’s Grace.”
Annie Bennett Warbucks: “She thinks you’re the greatest thing since sliced bread.”
15. “Mr. Warbucks, when my folks left me at the orphanage 10 years ago, they left a note saying they’d come back to get me as soon as they could, and they kept the other half of this old locket so I’d know them when they came.” – Annie Bennett Warbucks
16. “Absolutely not! I’m a businessman. I love money, I love power, I love capitalism. I do not now, and never will, love children.” – Oliver Warbucks
17. “Why any kid would want to be an orphan is beyond me.” – Miss Agatha Hannigan
18. “Some women are dripping with diamonds, some women are dripping with pearls. Lucky me, lucky me, look at what I’m drippin’ with: little girls!” – Miss Agatha Hannigan
19. Annie Bennett Warbucks: “Who would want to kill Mr. Warbucks?”
Grace Farrell: “The Bolsheviks, dear. He’s living proof that the American system really works and the Bolsheviks don’t want anyone to know about that.”
Annie Quotes to Read Over and Over
20. Oliver Warbucks: “I wanna talk to you about Annie.”
Miss Agatha Hannigan: “You wanna return her and forget her? Or trade up?”
Oliver Warbucks: “I wanna adopt her.”
21. “It isn’t a swell idea, Annie. It’s mistaken foolishness.” – Oliver Warbucks
22. Miss Agatha Hannigan: “What do we say, Annie?”
Annie Bennett Warbucks: “I love you, Miss Hannigan.”
23. “Wait! There’s something interesting in that woman’s smile. I might learn to like her. Hang her in my bathroom.” – Oliver Warbucks
24. Daniel Francis Hannigan: “Oh, sir. We are just so thrilled to have found Annie. We don’t need any money.”
Oliver Warbucks: “I’ll take it back.”
Lily St. Regis: “Of course, we are poor people. It would help us a lot. We could buy her milk, a warm blanket.”
Oliver Warbucks: “Put it in your pocket, Mrs. Mudge.”
25. Miss Agatha Hannigan: “You can have any orphan in the place but Annie.”
Grace Farrell: “And why is that?”
Miss Agatha Hannigan: “Because she’s got it comin’ to her and I don’t mean a week in the lap of luxury.”
What’s the Most Admirable Thing You Found in Annie?
Annie, being a young girl, is such an admirable character. She’s faced tough times like no other, but she remained kind, hopeful, and full of love. She never once thought of giving up; instead, she always looked forward to a brighter tomorrow.
This is something that we, as adults, can take away from this fantastic movie and character. Now that we’ve faced the cruel reality of life, can we say that we have always remained kind and hopeful for the next day? Sadly, instead of remaining kind, we usually get irritated by everything life throws at us.
However, remember that you can conquer any darkness or tough thing on your path with hope. A brighter tomorrow will always come for those who look forward to it. So, don’t get buried in your dark past or bleak present; be ready for the tomorrow that awaits you instead!
With that, we hope these Annie quotes we’ve compiled were able to serve you with some great words of encouragement. Remember Annie’s predicament and experiences, and remember just how lucky you already are!