Read these Arrested Development quotes whenever you feel like your family is testing your patience!
Arrested Development is an American television sitcom about the Bluth family. They are a chaotic and formerly wealthy family who continue to live lavishly even if they know that they can’t afford it anymore.
The family head, George Bluth, got imprisoned, so his son, Michael, was the one who took charge of everything.
Michael Bluth endures and tries to balance his family’s unreasonable needs and wants. He took on the reins of their business. But, aside from that, he also keeps the family together despite their behavior.
This series proves that our family will remain by our side even in our darkest times. So, if you want to get a glimpse of how Michael Bluth handles and treats his family, read on!
Continue reading below.
And don’t forget to check out these How I Met Your Mother quotes.
Best Arrested Development Quotes
1. “I’ve made a huge mistake.” – George Oscar Bluth II
2. “Let me ask you something. Is this a business decision, or is it personal? ‘Cause if it’s business, I’ll go away happily. But if it’s personal, I’ll go away—but I won’t be happy.” – George Oscar Bluth II
3. “I deceived you. ‘Tricked’ makes it sound like we have a playful relationship.” – Michael Bluth
4. Michael Bluth: “What have we always said is the most important thing?”
George Michael Bluth: “Family.”
Michael Bluth: “I was going to say breakfast.”
5. Michael Bluth: “Tell me the truth. There’s been a lot of lying in this family.”
Lucille Bluth: “And a lot of love.”
Michael Bluth: “More lies.”
6. “I mean, it’s one banana, Michael. What could it cost, $10?” – Lucille Bluth
7. “There’s a good chance I may have committed some light treason.” – George Bluth Sr.
8. Rita Leeds: “And they think the stupidest things are funny.”
Michael Bluth: “Yeah, that’s a cultural problem is what it is. You know, your average American male is in a perpetual state of adolescence, you know, arrested development.”
9. Maeby Fünke: “Do you guys know where I could get one of those gold necklaces with the ‘T’ on it?”
Michael Bluth: “That’s a cross.”
Maeby Fünke: “Across from where?”
Famous Arrested Development Quotes
10. “I’m afraid I just blue myself.” – Tobias Fünke
11. “There’s always money in the banana stand.” – George Bluth Sr.
12. “I’d rather be dead in California than alive in Arizona.” – Lucille Bluth
13. Michael Bluth: “I really think the reason you and I always fight is that, since we were little, Dad’s always played us off each other.”
George Oscar Bluth II: “Dad always said that was your fault.”
14. Buster Bluth: “Where’d Annyong get that juice box?”
Annyong Bluth: “Annyong.”
Lucille Bluth: “Those are for his soccer team. No sugar for you. You just get more awful.”
Short Arrested Development Quotes to Bring Back Your Favorite Scenes
15. “And that’s why you always leave a note.” – J. Walter Weatherman
16. “You’re going to get some hop-ons.” – Michael Bluth
17. “Has anyone in this family even seen a chicken?” – Michael Bluth
18. “You seem more villainous than usual, mom.” – Michael Bluth
19. “I am one of the few honest people I have ever known.” – Lucille Bluth
20. “There are dozens of us. Dozens!” – Tobias Fünke
Arrested Development Quotes That’ll Leave an Impact on Everyone
21. “Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over? An analyst and a therapist. The world’s first analrapist.” – Tobias Fünke
22. “Well, I will tell you this, Michael. I don’t have a son, but if I ever do, I’m either going to take him to the cabin in the woods, or I’m going to promise to take him and then not take him. But the one thing that I will never do is not tell him that I’m taking him to a cabin in the woods and then not take him!” – George Oscar Bluth II
23. “She thinks I’m too critical. That’s another fault of hers.” – Lucille Bluth
24. “I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it’s the opposite. It’s like my heart is getting hard.” – George Oscar Bluth II
25. “All right. Now look, just because a woman gets pregnant doesn’t mean you have to marry her. Too many lives have been ruined because some cheap waitress at a HoJo said she used an IUD.” – George Bluth Sr.
26. Waitress: “Plate or platter?”
Lucille Bluth: “I don’t understand the question, and I won’t respond to it.”
27. “You lied to me. You said my father was my father, but my uncle is my father. My father is my uncle.” – Buster Bluth
28. “First of all, we’re doing this for her. Okay? Because neither one of us wants to get divorced. And second, I know you’re the big marriage expert. Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot. Your wife is dead.” – Tobias Fünke
Silly Arrested Development Quotes to Keep You Laughing All Day
29. George Michael Bluth: “I have pop pop in the attic.”
Michael Bluth: “What? The mere fact that you call making love ‘pop pop’ tells me that you’re not ready.”
30. Lucille Bluth: “Get me a vodka rock.”
Michael Bluth: “Mom, it’s breakfast.”
Lucille Bluth: “And a piece of toast.”
31. “I’m going crazy with the boredom, Michael. At least in prison, we had knife fights, and we had a movie night. And once, both.” – George Bluth Sr.
32. “Oh, now you love the 10 commandments. Yet, you’re the one who so conveniently forgot, ‘Thou shalt protect thy father and honor no one above Him unless it be—it me, thy sweet Lord.’” – George Oscar Bluth II
Arrested Development Quotes That Showcase the Bluth Family’s Attitude
33. “This family is not about to start using. We are pushers, not takers.” – Tobias Fünke
34. “It’s not your fault your parents were cousins, but here we are. I’ve been charged with taking care of you, and I’m bloody well going to do it.” – Trevor Einhorn
35. “I don’t think us sleeping together is working out. You’re a grown man, you should be living with your mother.” – Michael Bluth
36. “Michael, you can save this family. Please, do the right thing here. String this blind girl along so that Dad doesn’t have to pay his debt to society.” – George Oscar Bluth II
More Arrested Development Quotes That Will Stick to Your Mind
37. “You must teach me, George Michael. You must teach me the ways of the secular flesh.” – Ann Veal
38. “I just want my brother to envy my money, but he’s got that hair. Why can’t I have hair and money, and him nothing?” – George Bluth Sr.
39. “Illusion, Michael. A trick is something a wh*re does for money.” – George Oscar Bluth II
40. “Maybe it was the 11 months he spent in the womb. The doctor said there were claw marks on the walls of her uterus, but he was our miracle baby. I was just too burnt out on raising you guys to care so he turned out a little soft, you know, a little doughy. I don’t know, maybe it was my fault, maybe I ignored the guy.” – George Bluth Sr.
Did This Collection Open Your Eyes to the Reality That No Family Is Perfect?
No family is perfect; even the wealthiest people experience conflicts in their homes. That’s why it’s essential to have patience and understanding for one another.
In the series, Michael Bluth was given the option of remaining in his dysfunctional family or leaving. But, he decided to stay.
He encountered many problems, but he never left their side, even at their lowest points. Indeed, he showed us how important it is to stand by our family members—no matter how much you want to quit.
It’s normal to get frustrated, especially if you don’t 100% understand what your family members are going through. However, be patient and have a positive mindset like Michael. We should stick with our families even when they do things to drive us away and annoy us.
Hopefully, this collection was able to give you a lot of lessons about family, imperfection, and patience. Keep in mind that nothing can compare to the love and happiness you’ll feel if you have a home filled with happy people.