Be prepared to explore the land of both the living and the dead as we read through these famous Beetlejuice quotes.
Beetlejuice is one of the finest classic horror-comedy movies directed by Tim Burton. Its discussion on life and the afterlife enticed viewers all over the world.
The story began with a deceased couple who asked a demonic wraith named Betelgeuse to scare away the new family that moved into their house. But, asking Betelgeuse for help is not a good idea. He is an obnoxious spiritual being who loves to play tricks and scare people.
Betelgeuse is the perfect antagonist that can both scare and entertain the audience. He brings thrill and wit to the scenes, making this movie perfect to watch together with friends and family. Read along to discover some of the most iconic quotes that will bring you to the fun, mysterious, and spooky world of Beetlejuice.
Start reading here.
Best Beetlejuice Quotes
1. “You have got to take the upper hand in all situations or people, whether they’re dead or alive, will walk all over you.” – Delia
2. “What’s the good of being a ghost if you can’t frighten people away?” – Barbara
3. “I, myself, am strange and unusual.” – Lydia
4. “Barb, honey—we’re dead. I don’t think we have very much to worry about anymore.” – Adam
5. “There’s a word for people in our situation: ghosts.” – Adam
6. “Where are all the other dead people in the world? Why is it just you and me?” – Barbara
Famous Beetlejuice Quotes
7. “These aren’t my rules. Come to think of it. I don’t have any rules.” – Betelgeuse
8. “My whole life is a dark room. One big dark room.” – Lydia
9. “Welcome to Winter River, museum of natural greed; a monument to the bored businessman! Come on a little closer! Step right up! Test your strength!” – Betelgeuse
10. “They wanted me to dissect a frog, I told them it was against my religion.” – Lydia
11. “I know just as much about the supernatural as I do about interior design.” – Otho
12. “Don’t mind her. She’s still upset because somebody dropped a house on her sister.” – Otho
13. “Are you ‘Night of the Living Dead’ under there? Like all bloody veins and pus?” – Lydia
14. “Open this door, you dead people, or we’ll bust it down and we’ll drag you out by the ropes you hang yourselves with!” – Delia
15. “In heaven, there wouldn’t be dust on everything.” – Barbara
16. Barbara: “We’re very unhappy.”
Juno: “What did you expect, you’re dead.”
17. “I am alone. I am utterly alone.” – Lydia
Also read: Tim Burton Quotes
Beetlejuice Quotes That’ll Give You Life Lessons
18. “Never trust the living.” – Juno
19. “Well, I’ve read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says, ‘Live people ignore the strange and unusual.’” – Lydia
20. “If I knew then what I know now I wouldn’t have had my little ‘accident.’” – Receptionist
21. “This house is so big. It really ought to belong to people who have children.” – Jane
22. “I will live with you in this hellhole, but I must express myself.” – Delia
Interesting Beetlejuice Quotes to Get a Better Understanding of the Plot
23. “That’s the lost soul’s room; a room for ghosts that have been exorcized. The poor devils. That’s death for the dead. It’s all in the handbook.” – Janitor
24. “If you tell me what you do, I’ll tell you why my husband will fire you.” – Delia
25. “A little gasoline, blowtorch, no problem.” – Delia
26. “I’ve seen ‘The Exorcist’ about 167 times and it keeps getting funnier every single time I see it!” – Betelgeuse
27. “I wonder where a guy, an everyday Joe like myself can find a little action.” – Betelgeuse
28. “You’ve read my mind! So few clients are up for the experience!” – Otho
29. “Charles if you do not let me remodel this house, I will go insane and take you with me!” – Delia
30. “I’m tellin’ ya, honey, she meant nothin’ to me. Nothin’ at all!” – Betelgeuse
31. “It obviously doesn’t do any good to pull your heads off in front of people if they can’t see you!” – Juno
32. “You two have really screwed up! I received word that you allowed yourselves to be photographed, and you let Betelgeuse out and didn’t put him back, and you let Otho get hold of the handbook!” – Juno
33. “I didn’t realize you were into the supernatural.” – Bernard
Beetlejuice Quotes That Many People Can Relate To
34. “Maybe you can relax in a haunted house, but I can’t.” – Lydia
35. “You know, if I had seen a ghost at your age, I would have been scared out of my wits.” – Barbara
36. “Come on. Think of it as a marriage of inconvenience, okay? We both get something. I get out, and you get to say you’re hitched to the most eligible bachelor since Valentino came over.” – Betelgeuse
37. “You know, you look like somebody I can relate to. Maybe you could help me get out of here, you know, because I got to tell you, this dead thing—it’s just too creepy.” – Betelgeuse
38. “See, here’s my problem. I got these friends I said I’d meet, and it’s the kind of thing where I have to be there in person, so could you help me get out of here?” – Betelgeuse
39. “Because if I tell you, you’ll tell your friends, your friends are callin’ me on the horn all the time, I gotta show up at shopping centers for openings and sign autographs and shit like that and it makes my life a hell. Okay? A living hell.” – Betelgeuse
40. “Whew! Thank you, thank you! That is why I won’t do two shows a night anymore, babe, I won’t, I won’t do ’em.” – Betelgeuse
41. “And look at that kitchen. You’re finally going to be able to cook a decent meal.” – Charles
Iconic Beetlejuice Quotes That’ll Bring You Back to Your Favorite Scenes
42. “Let’s turn on the juice and see what shakes loose.” – Betelgeuse
43. “Go ahead, make my millennium.” – Betelgeuse
44. “Sandworms—you know I hate ’em!” – Betelgeuse
45. “We come for your daughter, Chuck.” – Betelgeuse
46. “I’m the ghost with the most babe.” – Betelgeuse
47. “Not so fast, round boy. We’re gonna have some laughs.” – Betelgeuse
48. “This is my art, and it is dangerous. You think I want to die like this!” – Delia
49. “I have a feeling there’s something very interesting behind that door.” – Otho
50. “What snake? You kids and your imaginations—.” – Betelgeuse
51. “Learn to throw your voice! Fool your friends! Fun at parties!” – Barbara
52. “The only one I think I can deal with is Edgar Allan Poe‘s daughter. I think she understands me.” – Betelgeuse
53. “I’m trying to cut down myself.” – Adam
54. “Things seem pretty quiet. Thank God you didn’t die in Italy.” – Juno
Hilarious Beetlejuice Quotes That’ll Amuse You
55. “I’ll eat anything you want me to eat. I’ll swallow anything you want me to swallow. But, come on down and I’ll—chew on a dog! Arroooo!” – Betelgeuse
56. Otho: “There’s absolutely no organic flowthrough.”
Delia: “I noticed that too; it’s like a giant—ant farm.”
57. “Please, they’re dead. It’s a little late to be neurotic.” – Delia
58. Barbara: “Rule number two: The living usually won’t see the dead.”
Adam: “Won’t or can’t?”
Barbara: “It just says ‘won’t.’ God, this book is so stupid. I can’t understand anything in it.”
59. “I plan to have a stroke from the amount of MSG that’s in this food.” – Lydia
60. Preacher: “And you, do you, Lydia, take this man?”
Lydia: “No! Beetle—.”
Betelgeuse: “She’s a little bit nervous. Uh, maybe I should answer for her, okay?”
Betelgeuse: “I’m Lydia Deetz and I’m of sound mind. The man next to me is the one I want. You asked me, I’m answering. Yes, I love that man of mine.”
Did These Quotes Make You Feel Grateful That You Are Alive?
Beetlejuice is an award-winning movie recognized for its great horror, comedy, and unique approach to showcasing life after death. Aside from the rich lessons embedded in the scenes, it’s pretty entertaining too!
One of the things that made it so enjoyable was the idea of having rules for ghosts. In the scenes, we see how even spirits have laws to follow, which were indicated in their handbook. These rules are set as a guide to bring peace and order that even us—the living—can surely relate to.
The interactions between the characters led to some pretty iconic scenes and lines that will forever remain in our hearts. But maybe, the main thing we should never forget is that life is worth living, and we must cherish the time we have left.
We only have one life, and once it’s gone, we can never have it back. So, let us aim to live a successful and fulfilling life—a life we can be proud of once we die.
What other lessons did you learn from today’s collection? Join the discussion below.