Get your daily dose of laughter with the help of these Big Trouble in Little China quotes!
Big Trouble in Little China is an iconic movie that’s remembered for many things. However, it was anything but a blockbuster when it was first released. Maybe this is because the audience’s attention was grabbed by movies like Top Gun, also released in the same year.
Nonetheless, this movie is such an icon that many fans still watch and quote every line. It’s weirdly awesome in its own way, combining elements from both the East and the West. So, while there’s a lot of debate as to whether Big Trouble in Little China is a good movie or not, in the hearts of its fans, it will always remain a cult classic.
So, we’ve compiled the best lines from this movie to get you started. Get ready to laugh out loud as you scroll through these Big Trouble in Little China quotes!
Best Big Trouble in Little China Quotes
1. Wang Chi: “You ready, Jack?”
Jack Burton: “I was born ready.”
2. “I’m a reasonable guy. But, I’ve just experienced some very unreasonable things.” – Jack Burton
3. Wang Chi: “A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack.”
Egg Shen: “Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain!”
4. “Okay. You people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we’re not back by dawn, call the president.” – Jack Burton
5. “When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye, and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol’ Jack Burton always says at a time like that, ‘Have ya paid your dues, Jack?’ ‘Yessir, the check is in the mail.’” – Jack Burton
6. Egg Shen: “Can see things no one else can see. Do things no one else can do.”
Jack Burton: “Real things?”
Egg Shen: “As real as Lo Pan!”
Jack Burton: “Hey, what more can a guy ask for?”
Egg Shen: “Oh, a six-demon bag!”
Jack Burton: “Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What’s in it, Egg?”
Egg Shen: “Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!”
7. Wang Chi: “Here’s to the army and Navy and the battles they have won; here’s to America’s colors, the colors that never run.”
Jack Burton: “May the wings of liberty never lose a feather.”
8. Jack Burton: “What does that say?”
Wang Chi: “Hell of Boiling Oil.”
Jack Burton: “You’re kidding.”
Wang Chi: “Yeah, I am. It says, ‘Keep Out.’
9. “I’m not saying I’ve been everywhere and I’ve done everything. But I do know this is a pretty amazing planet we live on here. And a man would have to be some kind of fool to think we’re all alone in this universe.” – Jack Burton
10. Eddie Lee: “Well sure it was a war. And anybody that showed up was gonna join Lem Lee in the Hell of Being Cut to Pieces.”
Jack Burton: “Hell of being what?”
Eddie Lee: “Chinese have a lot of hells.”
Famous Big Trouble in Little China Quotes
11. “This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I’m talkin’ to whoever’s listenin’ out there.” – Jack Burton
12. “Just remember what old Jack Burton does when the earth quakes and the poison arrows fall from the sky and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, ‘Give me your best shot. I can take it.’” – Jack Burton
13. Jack Burton: “Ah, you know what ol’ Jack Burton says at a time like this?”
Jack Burton: “Jack Burton—me!”
14. Jack Burton: “I don’t get this at all. I thought Lo Pan—.”
David Lo Pan: “Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!”
Big Trouble in Little China Quotes That Will Blow Your Mind
15. “Would you stop rubbing your body up against mine? Because I can’t concentrate when you do that.” – Jack Burton
16. “I’m gonna tell you about an accident, and I don’t wanna hear, ‘Act of God!’” – Jack Burton
17. “We take what we want and leave the rest, just like your salad bar.” – Egg Shen
18. “Like I told my last wife, I say, ‘Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it’s all in the reflexes.’” – Jack Burton
19. “Everybody relax. I’m here.” – Jack Burton
20. Jack Burton: “You can go off and rule the universe from beyond the grave.”
David Lo Pan: “Indeed!”
Jack Burton: “Or check into a psycho ward, whichever comes first, huh?”
Do You Agree That Big Trouble in Little China Deserves to Be a Blockbuster?
While Big Trouble in Little China wasn’t a complete flop when it was released, it also wasn’t the blockbuster everyone expected. Yet, its unique storyline and themes definitely captured the viewers’ hearts!
Big Trouble in Little China mixed and matched different genres and showcased different cultures and beliefs. Kurt Russell’s portrayal of Jack Burton is also something we can never forget!
Additionally, Director John Carpenter also put in some great special effects in the movie. It’s something he’s known for, considering his work on Starman, Escape from New York, and more.
This movie is undoubtedly full of action and laughs. So, whenever you need a pick-me-up, revisit this list of quotes! Better yet, keep this page in your bookmarks, so it’s easy to get back to whenever you need a good laugh!