Get right back into all the action of Call of Duty through these Captain Price quotes!
Captain John Price is the main character of the COD sub-series Modern Warfare. However, he’s also a character in the original franchise and appeared in games like Call of Duty: Heroes.
Price is also known for his callsign Bravo Six, and his famous line first said in one of the trailers, “Bravo Six, going dark.” At the beginning of the franchise, John Price first ranked as a lieutenant before being promoted to the Captain of the Special Air Service squad.
Captain Price is different from your typical game protagonist. Instead of being young and preppy, it’s believed that he was already in his 40s.
Nonetheless, Captain Price is highly passionate about his work and always strives to get the job done. He is a great leader who knows how to push his team forward.
Learn more about him in this collection of the best Captain Price quotes from the Call of Duty and the Modern Warfare franchises. Read through to the end; we’re sure you’ll find some iconic ones you’ll love!
And don’t forget to check out these Call of Duty quotes and Bloodborne quotes.
Best Captain Price Quotes
1. “We fight not so that the world will remember us, but so that there will be a world to remember.”
2. “Your world as you knew it is gone. How far would you go to bring it back? Shepherd created a war, but only we knew the truth.”
3. “You draw the line wherever you need it, Sergeant. End of the day, somebody has to make the enemy scared of the dark. We get dirty, and the world stays clean. That’s the mission.”
4. “Makarov, you ever hear the old saying, ‘The enemy of my enemy is my friend?’”
5. “The life you knew before is gone. Today, we fight to bring it back.”
6. “War used to be simple. Kill or be killed. Survive at all costs. Then everything changed. The action got faster, the weapons got more powerful, and the stakes got bigger than anything we’d ever seen. On the eve of our greatest battle, a new hero must rise.”
7. “This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written—and ours is lost. Shepherd will be a hero, ’cause all you need to change the world is one good lie and a river of blood. He’s about to complete the greatest trick a liar has ever played in history. His truth will be the truth. But only if he lives, and we die.”
8. “They say truth is the first casualty of war. But who defines what’s true? Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent, and sometimes that means preserving the lie of good and evil—that war isn’t just natural selection played out on a grand scale. The only truth I found is that the world we live in is a giant tinderbox. All it takes is someone to light the match.”
9. “The healthy human mind doesn’t wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that’s a luxury, not a curse. To know you’re close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take inventory. Out-gunned. Outnumbered. Out of our minds. On a suicide mission. But the sand and the rocks here, stained with thousands of years of warfare. They will remember us for this. Because out of all our vast array of nightmares, this is the one we choose for ourselves. We go forward like a breath exhaled from the Earth. With vigor in our hearts and one goal in sight: We. Will. Kill. Him.”
10. “Your moves are miscalculated, and underestimating your enemies—your biggest mistake. You will find the will of a single man can be broken.”
Famous Captain Price Quotes for Modern Warfare Fans
11. “My war ends with you.”
12. “What you taught me to do: kill ’em all.”
13. “This is it. Makarov doesn’t leave here alive.”
14. “There’s a simplicity to war. Attacking is the only secret. Dare—and the world yields. How quickly they forget that all it takes to change the course of history is the will of a single man.”
15. “There’s a clocktower in Hereford where the names of the dead are inscribed. We try to honor their deeds, even as their faces fade from our memory. Those memories are all that’s left when the bastards have taken everything else.”
Captain Price Lines to Get To Know One of Call of Duty’s Best Characters
16. “Have to trust someone to be betrayed. I never did.”
17. “You can’t identify the target; you are the target.”
18. “A good captain is not made from calm seas.”
19. “In calm water, every ship has a good captain.”
20. “It matters not how straight the gate—how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.”
21. “When you are captain, you are never speaking for yourself.”
22. “A frightened captain makes a frightened crew.”
23. “Nikolai’s in hell right now. We’re gonna walk him out. We take care of our friends. Let’s move.”
24. “We are the captains of our own ships sailing the sea of life, but in times of stormy weather, you will discover true friends when they don’t hesitate to be a lighthouse.”
25. “You are like a captain navigating a ship. You must give the right orders, thoughts, and images to your subconscious, which controls and governs all your experiences.”
Funny Captain Price Quotes to Make You Laugh Mid-Game
26. “Right. What the hell kind of name is ‘Soap,’ eh? How’d a muppet like you pass selection?”
27. “I thought I told you this was a one-way trip.”
28. “It’s quite simple. Either we retake the launch facility, or we won’t recognize the world tomorrow.”
29. “Looking forward to it. Give my regards to Zakhaev if you get there first.”
30. “These Russian dogs are like pussycats compared to the ones in Pripyat.”
More Captain Price Quotes That You’ll Enjoy Reading
31. “I know you can hear me on this channel, Makarov. You and I both know you won’t last a week.”
32. “Ortiz says he’s got a couple of guys on the inside that can get us intel on the cartel’s operations. This is a simple pick-up, but stay frosty.”
33. “I was just a ‘Leftenant’ back then, doing some wet work. Chernobyl, Christmas for the bad guys. Even a decade later, a lot of them still used it to get their hands on nuclear material. A lot of them, including one Imran Zakhaev. Of course, we couldn’t just let that happen; cash for spent fuel rods? That’s one hell of a recipe for destruction. It was the first time our government authorized an assassination order since the Second World War. I was under the command of Captain MacMillan.”
34. “Ghost, come in! This is Price! We’re under attack by Shepherd’s men in the boneyard! Soap, hold the left flank! Do not trust Shepherd! I say again, do not trust Shepherd! Soap, get down!”
35. “Makarov, this is Price. Shepherd’s a war hero now. He’s got your operations playbook, and he’s got a blank check. Give me what you’ve got on Shepherd, and I’ll take care of the rest.”
How Did Captain Price Change the Way You View the World?
A great leader not only knows how to get the job done, but he also knows how to treat his colleagues. This is the best way to describe Captain John Price.
He is known to be ruthless when facing his enemies and determined to do what it takes to complete his missions. Conversely, he is hugely compassionate toward his men and will never turn his back on them.
However, Captain Price is also known for crudely insulting his team, though everyone who understands his true personality knows it’s all lighthearted fun. If you’ve heard any of his funny lines, we’re sure he also got a smirk or a giggle out of you!
Captain Price is an inspiring character who teaches the ways of leadership. He allows us to understand that with this significant role and power comes big responsibility, too, that we should be ready to shoulder.
Let the best Captain Price quotes above guide you and help you shape yourself into a more compassionate but determined leader. Do your best in everything you do, and care for those around you!