If you’re afraid of speaking up for yourself or stepping outside your comfort zone, read these Courage the Cowardly Dog quotes to up your self-confidence!
This Cartoon Network animated series tells the story of Courage, a pet dog afraid of everything around him. His name is ironic, given that he’s a coward who fears many things. However, maybe it’s also a way for him to bring out the courage that lies within.
Though he’s constantly cowering in fear, Courage loves his owners so much that he does everything he can to save them from all sorts of danger. Some paranormal events occur on their land, and Courage is there to save the day as well!
It’s a hilarious story that contains profound insights into bravery, love, and loyalty. If you want to know more about Courage the Cowardly Dog, read through to the end of our collection.
Best Courage the Cowardly Dog Quotes
1. “There’s no such thing as perfect. You’re beautiful as you are, Courage. Even with your imperfections, you can do anything.” – The Green Fish
2. “Don’t be afraid to fail, Courage.” – Muriel Bagge
3. “The things I do for love.” – Courage
4. “Courage, you have to face your fears if you want to overcome them.” – Muriel Bagge
5. “I’m not afraid of ghosts, Courage. I’m scared of what they represent.” – Muriel Bagge
6. “You’re never too old to learn, Courage.” – Muriel Bagge
Courage the Cowardly Dog Quotes That’ll Forever Be Iconic
7. “I’m not a chicken! I’m Courage! The cowardly dog!” – Courage
8. “Stupid dog! You make me look bad!” – Eustace Bagge
9. “Courage, you know I can’t hear without my glasses.” – Muriel Bagge
10. “I know I’m not gonna like this.” – Courage
Courage the Cowardly Dog Quotes That Are Simply Relatable
11. “What’s the good of having all the money in the world, if it doesn’t bring any happiness? And If I am not happy, no one deserves to be happy!” – Dr. Zalost
12. “I hate this stupid, no good, rotten life!” – Eustace Bagge
13. “What do I do? What do I do!?” – Courage
14. “I just know something bad is going to happen.” – Courage
15. “I’m sorry, Courage. I’m sorry, Courage. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I was just so angry.” – Muriel Bagge
Courage the Cowardly Dog Quotes for All the Fans
16. “Would you like a cup of tea?” – Muriel Bagge
17. “This still shouldn’t happen to a dog.” – Courage
18. “Eustace, you stupid boy!” – Ma Bagge
19. “Muriel, I’ll save you!” – Courage
20. “Help! Muriel doesn’t remember who she is? Doesn’t remember who I am? Need help! Send! Send! Send!” – Courage
More Courage the Cowardly Dog Quotes to Cross Off of Your Must-Reads
21. “Courage! So good to see ya.” – Muriel Bagge
22. Muriel Bagge: “I only wanted to be a good neighbor.”
Eustace Bagge: “You should have let the neighbors get extinct and make me coffee.”
23. “There’s nothing to worry about, nothing at all.” – Dr. Vindaloo
24. “No, Ma! You always look good to me.” – Eustace Bagge
25. “There’s something fishy goin’ on here, or my name is Stinky Looloo, and thank goodness it’s not.” – Courage
What Are You Willing to Brave and Conquer in the Name of Those You Love Most?
It’s perfectly normal to feel scared of the unknown. However, there’s no way to move forward but to face our fears, conquer them, and continue down the path we’re meant to take.
This is precisely what Courage the Cowardly Dog is about. Dogs are seen as our protectors and have the instinct to stand up for their families. Courage, however, is so afraid of everything around him that he is crippled, seemingly unable to stand up for his loved ones.
Still, he fights no matter how hard his legs shake, how shut his eyes are, and how much he wants to hide behind Muriel. Courage overcomes his fear one by one, all because he wants to protect his beloved owner.
We can all relate to Courage in this sense. Life is a scary thing to face, but we are willing to brave all the uncertainties just to make sure the people we love are safe, healthy, and happy. There’s really no truer form of love than selfless sacrifice.
So, be like Courage! Remember, it’s okay to be scared, but always try to take one step out of your comfort zone. If you need some guidance, feel free to read through this list of quotes again!