Free your mind, open your heart, and create something beautiful by reading these creativity quotes we’ve gathered for you!
Creativity is our tool to unlock the beauty and ideas still unseen in the world. Without it, life will be stagnant, and everything will be dull.
The ability to form new things is an admirable gift that significantly affects our everyday lives and considerably impacts us as individuals.
Our collection below is full of the wisdom that creativity brings to our lives. Whether you’re an artist or not, we’re sure they’ll open your eyes to the wonders of your imagination.
So, if you need the inspiration to let your imagination run free, then add this to your must-read lists now!
Let’s get started.
And don’t forget to check out these positive quotes.
Best Creativity Quotes
1. “Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.” – Mary Lou Cook
2. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” – Maya Angelou
3. “To be creative means to be in love with life. You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it.” – Osho
4. “Making the simple complicated is commonplace. Making the complicated simple awesomely simple, that’s creativity.” – Charles Mingus
5. “Creativity is obscured by the conscious mind.” – Naval Ravikant
6. “Creativity has got to start with humanity, and when you’re a human being, you feel, you suffer.” – Marilyn Monroe
7. “Creativity involves breaking out of expected patterns in order to look at things in a different way.” – Edward de Bono
8. “Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it. They just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while.” – Steve Jobs
9. “The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.” – C.E.M. Joad
10. “This simple process of focusing on things that are normally taken for granted is a powerful source of creativity.” – Edward de Bono
11. “Creativity doesn’t wait for that perfect moment. It fashions its own perfect moments out of ordinary ones.” – Bruce Garrabrandt
12. “But unless we are creators, we are not fully alive. What do I mean by creators? Not only artists, whose acts of creation are the obvious ones of working with paint of clay or words. Creativity is a way of living life, no matter our vocation or how we earn our living. Creativity is not limited to the arts or having some kind of important career.” – Madeleine L’Engle
Famous Quotes About Creativity
13. “The creative adult is the child who survived.” – Ursula K. Le Guin
14. “An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail.” – Edwin H. Land
15. “Creativity takes courage.” – Henri Matisse
16. “Creativity is contagious. Pass it on.” – Albert Einstein
17. “The chief enemy of creativity is good sense.” – Pablo Picasso
18. “If you want to live your life in a creative way as an artist, you have to not look back too much.” – Steve Jobs
19. “Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties.” – Erich Fromm
20. “Do something creative every day.” – Anonymous
21. “The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.” – Sylvia Plath
22. “Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire. You will what you imagine, and at last, you create what you will.” – George Bernard Shaw
23. “What keeps life fascinating is the constant creativity of the soul.” – Deepak Chopra
24. “Creativity is intelligence having fun.” – Albert Einstein
25. “When learning is purposeful, creativity blossoms. When creativity blossoms, thinking emanates. When thinking emanates, knowledge is fully lit. When knowledge is lit, economy flourishes.” – A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
Creativity Quotes to Fuel Your Imagination
26. “Creativity is seeing something that doesn’t exist already. You need to find out how you can bring it into being, and that way be a playmate with God.” – Michele Shea
27. “The creative person is willing to live with ambiguity. He doesn’t need problems solved immediately and can afford to wait for the right ideas.” – Abe Tannenbaum
28. “Don’t think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. You can’t try to do things. You simply must do things.” – Ray Bradbury
29. “Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act, the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything.” – George Lois
30. “Creativity is the place where only you can go. Your discovery there will be wonderful, for you will have discovered yourself.” – Catherine Hall Taughinbaugh
31. “Solitude is creativity’s best friend, and solitude is refreshment for our souls.” – Naomi Judd
32. “Creativity is not the finding of a thing, but the making something out of it after it is found.” – James Russell Lowell
33. “The comfort zone is the great enemy to creativity.” – Dan Stevens
34. “Creativity: the art of not trying, the art of letting go.” – Maxime Lagacé
35. “Creativity is the ability to introduce order into the randomness of nature.” – Eric Hoffer
36. “Creativity is the greatest expression of liberty.” – Bryant H. McGill
37. “Clean out a corner of your mind, and creativity will instantly fill it.” – Dee Hock
38. “Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.” – Donatella Versace
39. “Creative activity is a type of learning process where the teacher and pupil are located in the same individual.” – Arthur Koestler
40. “Creativity is the greatest rebellion in existence.” – Osho
Also read: Imagination Quotes
Short Creativity Quotes That Are Packed With Wisdom
41. “Creativity is a natural extension of our enthusiasm.” – Earl Nightingale
42. “Creativity makes a leap, then looks to see where it is.” – Mason Cooley
43. “Creativity makes life more fun and more interesting.” – Edward de Bono
44. “Odd how the creative power at once brings the whole universe to order.” – Virginia Woolf
45. “If you want creative workers, give them enough time to play.” – John Cleese
46. “True creativity often starts where language ends.” – Arthur Koestler
47. “Creativity means to push open the heavy, groaning doorway to life.” – Daisaku Ikeda
Also read: Short Quotes
More Creativity Quotes for Artists
48. “There is no doubt that creativity is the most important human resource of all. Without creativity, there would be no progress, and we would be forever repeating the same patterns.” – Edward de Bono
49. “Creativity is a great motivator because it makes people interested in what they are doing.” – Edward de Bono
50. “There’s room for everybody on the planet to be creative and conscious if you are your own person. If you’re trying to be like somebody else, then there isn’t.” – Tori Amos
Did These Quotes Show You the Value of Creativity?
Creativity is all inside us. As humans, the complexities of our emotions and identities can give birth to the most significant inventions and art that we need in this world.
Moreover, it is a gift because it helps us have a deeper appreciation of life and nature. By being creative, we can give meaning to the most mundane days and routines and find hope in everything we do. But, most of all, it is important to note how essential creativity is for one’s growth and freedom of expression.
We hope that these quotes were able to enlighten you about the importance of creativity. Keep in mind that you are gifted, unique, and full of vision. Continue creating and leave a lasting change in this world!
Which creativity quote is your favorite? Do you have more quotes you would like to add? Comment your answers below!