Reading quotes that make you think is an excellent way to expand your horizons and open your mind to the profound meaning of life!
Even when life is busy and full of pressure, you need time to reflect on the essential things. Our bodies and minds are not made to work under constant distraction, stress, and information overload.
At times, we need to step away from the noise to recharge our batteries, think, and make better decisions. We need to read things that provoke our thinking and help us see things from new lenses.
Consider reading through this collection if you need quotes that make you think.
We’re sure these quotes will leave an impact that will affect you positively for years to come!
And don’t forget to check out these quotes that hit hard and deep meaningful quotes.
Best Quotes That Make You Think
1. “Life teaches you a new lesson every day if you are attentive enough in the class of life.” – Invajy
2. “Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.” – Oscar Wilde
3. “The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” – Terry Pratchett
4. “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t—you’re right.” – Henry Ford
5. “There are more things to alarm us than to harm us, and we suffer more often in apprehension than reality.” – Seneca
6. “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” – Albert Einstein
7. “Think before you speak. Read before you think.” – Fran Lebowitz
8. “The only place where your dream becomes impossible is in your own thinking.” – Robert H. Schuller
10. “The two most important days of your life are the day that you’re born and the day that you find out why.” – Mark Twain
9. “The adventure of life is to learn. The purpose of life is to grow. The nature of life is to change. The challenge of life is to overcome. The essence of life is to care. The opportunity of life is to serve. The secret of life is to dare. The spice of life is to befriend. The beauty of life is to give.” – William Arthur Ward
Quotes That Make You Think Deeply
11. “He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.” – Elbert Hubbard
12. “The average men consume. The wise create.” – Maxime Lagace
13. “If you want to shine like the sun, first burn like the sun.” – APJ Abdul Kalam
14. “We are what our thoughts have made us. So, take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live, they travel far.” – Swami Vivekananda
15. “If you continue to think the way you’ve always thought, you’ll continue to get what you’ve always got.” – Kevin Trudeau
16. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
17. “We become what we think about most of the time, and that’s the strangest secret.” – Earl Nightingale
18. “The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.” – Christopher Hitchens
20. “Time is a created thing. To say ‘I don’t have time’ is like saying, ‘I don’t want to.’” – Lao Tzu
21. “We can see through others only when we can see through ourselves.” – Bruce Lee
22. “If you find a book you really want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.” – Toni Morrison
23. “The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” – William Faulkner
Also read: Inspirational Quotes, Quotes to Live By
Quotes That Make You Think About Life
23. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
24. “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” – George Bernard Shaw
25. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” – Soren Kierkegaard
26. “It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up—that we will begin to live each day to the fullest as if it was the only one we had.” – Elizabeth Kubler Ross
27. “Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards.” – Soren Kierkegaard
28. “There are only two great tragedies in life: one is not getting what you want, and the other is getting it.” – Oscar Wilde
29. “Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
30. “It is better to have a meaningful life and make a difference than to merely have a long life.” – Bryant H. McGill
Also read: Positive Quotes, Encouragement Quotes
Short Quotes That Make You Think
31. “If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more.” – Oprah Winfrey
32. “All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
33. “The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.” – Tony Robbins
34. “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” – Mark Twain
35. “Life is a comedy to those who think, a tragedy to those who feel.” – Jean Racine
36. “It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.” – Henry David Thoreau
37. “Most people would sooner die than think—in fact, they do so.” – Bertrand Russell
38. “Sometimes the questions are complicated, and the answers are simple.” – Dr. Seuss
39. “The only reason we get lost in thought is because it is unfamiliar territory.” – Ashton Leinen
41. “And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.” – Confucius
42. “If you are too busy to laugh, you are too busy.” – Proverb
43. “It ain’t what they call you, it’s what you answer to.” – W.C. Fields
44. “A year from now, you may wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
45. “The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled.” – Plutarch
Also read: Short Quotes, Famous Quotes
Quotes That Make You Think Twice
46. “Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less.” – C. S. Lewis
47. “The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” – James Oppenheim
48. “What gets us into trouble is not what we don’t know. It’s what we know for sure that just ain’t so.” – Mark Twain
49. “If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.” – Abraham Maslow
50. “You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses.” – Tom Wilson
51. “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” – Farraj Gray
52. “The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.” – A.A. Milne
53. “To think is easy. To act is hard. But the hardest thing in the world is to act in accordance with your thinking.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
54. “To realize that you do not understand is a virtue. Not to realize that you do not understand is a defect.” – Lao Tzu
Also read: Mindset Quotes
Quotes That Make You Think to Help You Change for the Better
53. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” – Mary Engelbreit
54. “We are addicted to our thoughts. We cannot change anything if we cannot change our thinking.” – Santosh Kalwar
55. “All meaningful and lasting change starts first in your imagination and then works its way out. Imagination is more important than knowledge.” – Albert Einstein
56. “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” – Charles Darwin
More Quotes That Make You Think for People Who Want to Be Successful
57. “Do you think it is better to fail at something worthwhile or succeed at something meaningless.” – Tommy Wallach
59. “Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
60. “Simple can be harder than complex; you have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.” – Steve Jobs
Did This Collection Deepen Your Understanding and Insights?
We need a more extensive understanding of the world to overcome our deep-rooted problems and figure out how to make our lives better. We have so much information at our fingertips, but sometimes, we don’t know what to make of it. So, we read quotes with a deeper meaning to train and practice our thinking.
Profound quotes help us improve how we see, hear, or experience things. Often, they offer us a whole new worldview just by a few short lines. This is an integral part of our development because, after all, what kind of life will you live if you only look at things from one point of view?
Reading quotes that make you think will improve your critical thinking skills. But, in a more profound sense, it may also help you figure out who you are and what you want to become in the future.
All in all, quotes that make you think are your keys to living a more meaningful life. So, let this collection deepen your understanding and worldview. Learn and always look ahead!