Read these Die Hard quotes to add some thrill to your holiday preparations!
Die Hard is no doubt an action movie. But, even if many disagree, we can’t contest that it’s a classic Christmas movie, too. After all, the central premise of all the action is a man trying to go home and reconnect with his family for the holidays.
More than that, all the action takes place on Christmas Eve! Even the main antagonist has a pretty iconic line that goes, “It’s Christmas, Theo. It’s the time of miracles.” So, no matter what people say, Die Hard will always be a Christmas movie in the hearts of its fans.
If you’re curious about what transpired during John McClane’s Christmas Eve, read on. We’ve gathered the best Die Hard quotes for all its fans!
Continue to the complete list below.
And don’t forget to check out these Point Break quotes and Bad Santa quotes.
Best Die Hard Quotes
1. “If this is their idea of Christmas, I gotta be here for New Year’s.” – Argyle
2. Ginny: “God. That man looks really pissed.”
Holly Gennaro-McClane: “He’s still alive.”
Holly Gennaro-McClane: “Only John can drive somebody that crazy.”
3. “Nice suit. John Phillips, London. I have two myself. Rumor has it Arafat buys his there, too.” – Hans Gruber
4. “‘And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer.’ Benefits of classical education.” – Hans Gruber
5. John McClane: “Whoa, these are very bad for you.”
Hans Gruber: “Who are you then?”
John McClane: “Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the *ss.”
6. “Alright, listen up guys. ‘Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, except the four *ssholes coming in the rear in standard two-by-two cover formation.” – Theo
7. Dwayne T. Robinson: “This is Deputy Chief of Police, Dwayne T. Robinson, and I am in charge of this situation.”
John McClane: “Oh, you’re in charge? Well, I got some bad news for you, Dwayne. From up here, it doesn’t look like you’re in charge of jack sh*t.”
8. “I wanted this to be professional, efficient, adult, cooperative. Not a lot to ask. Alas, your Mr. Takagi did not see it that way. So he won’t be joining us for the rest of his life. We can go any way you want it. You can walk out of here or be carried out. But have no illusions. We are in charge.” – Hans Gruber
9. FBI Agent Johnson: “I’m Agent Johnson; this is Special Agent Johnson.”
Dwayne T. Robinson: “Oh, how you doin’?”
FBI Agent Johnson: “No relation.”
10. Marco: “No more tables! Where are you going to go now? Let me give you some advice: next time you have the chance to kill someone, don’t hesitate!”
John McClane: “Thanks for the advice.”
Die Hard Quotes for McClane’s Most Iconic One-Liners
11. “Yippee ki yay, motherf*cker.” – John McClane
12. “Does it sound like I’m ordering a pizza?” – John McClane
13. “Welcome to the party pal!” – John McClane
14. “Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.” – John McClane
Intense Die Hard Quotes That Are Packed With Action
15. Holly Gennaro-McClane: “After all your posturing, all your little speeches, you’re nothing but a common thief.”
Hans Gruber: “I am an exceptional thief, Mrs. McClane. And since I’m moving up to kidnapping, you should be more polite.”
16. “Come out to the coast, we’ll get together, have a few laughs.” – John McClane
17. “We’re gonna need some more FBI guys, I guess.” – Dwayne T. Robinson
18. “Now I have a machine gun. Ho ho ho.” – Hans Gruber
19. “You Americans are all alike. Well, this time John Wayne does not walk off into the sunset with Grace Kelly.” – Hans Gruber
20. “I’m going to count to three, there will not be a four. Give me the code.” – Hans Gruber
21. John McClane: “You throw quite a party. I didn’t realize they celebrated Christmas in Japan.”
Joseph Yoshinobu Takagi: “Hey, we’re flexible. Pearl Harbor didn’t work out, so we got you with tape decks.”
22. Hans Gruber: “Theo, are we on schedule?”
Theo: “One more to go then it’s up to you. And you better be right, because it looks like this last one is going to take a miracle.”
Hans Gruber: “It’s Christmas, Theo. It’s the time of miracles. So be of good cheer and call me when you hit the last lock.”
Die Hard Quotes to Make You Think
23. “The circuits that cannot be cut are cut automatically in response to a terrorist incident. You asked for miracles, Theo, I give you the FBI.” – Hans Gruber
24. Sergeant Al Powell: “Hey Roy, how you feeling?”
John McClane: “Pretty fuckin’ unappreciated, Al.”
25. Hans Gruber: “Mr. Mystery Guest? Are you still there?”
John McClane: “Yeah, I’m still here. Unless you wanna open the front door for me.”
Hans Gruber:” Uh, no, I’m afraid not. But, you have me at a loss. You know my name but who are you? Just another American who saw too many movies as a child? Another orphan of a bankrupt culture who thinks he’s John Wayne? Rambo? Marshal Dillon?”
John McClane: “Was always kinda partial to Roy Rogers actually. I really like those sequined shirts.”
Hans Gruber: “Do you really think you have a chance against us, Mr. Cowboy?”
Aside From It Being a Christmas Movie, What Else Do You Love About Die Hard?
Die Hard is a unique Christmas movie that will keep you on your toes. It’s full of action, and Bruce Willis’s presence makes it even more unforgettable. However, let’s not forget about a striking life lesson we can all take away from it.
Through Die Hard, we’re taught the hard-hitting truth that, often, our efforts can go unrewarded. This lesson applies to all aspects of life, not just work. Sometimes, others will even take credit for all the blood, sweat, and tears you’ve put into your goals.
However, though that’s the case, we shouldn’t give up. We should remain kind, hopeful, and persevering.
Even if no one praises your good deeds, as long as you know that you did the best you could, then that should be enough. After all, the best and kindest souls aren’t boastful.
Indeed, besides being a unique Christmas movie, Die Hard also offers its fans meaningful morals. Make sure you read this list again whenever the holiday comes around!