Are you on the hunt for the best Die Hard quotes that will remind you of its undying influence in the world of action movies and Hollywood in general?
Then, this list might just be what you’re looking for.
Die Hard is not your average Christmas classic filled with warm hugs, falling snow, and a cozy fire pit.
Instead, it’s thrilling and action-packed, giving us classic lines and scenes we love to watch over and over again.
We’ve rounded up our favorites so you can look back on this quintessential American action movie.
Check out the full list below.
Best Die Hard Quotes
1. “Yippee-Ki-Yay, M*th*rf*ck*r!” – John McClane
2. “Glass, who gives a sh*t about glass?” – John McClane
3. “Yeah, I’m still here. Unless you wanna open the front door for me.” – John McClane
4. “Oh, you’re in charge? Well, I got some bad news for you Dwayne. From up here it doesn’t look like you’re in charge of jack sh*t.” – John McClane
5. “Jesus Christ, Powell, he could be a f*ck*ng bartender for all we know!” – Dwayne T. Robinson
6. “Mr. Mystery Guest? Are you still there?” – Hans Gruber
7. “Now I know how a TV dinner feels.” – John McClane
8. “This is Deputy Chief of Police, Dwayne T. Robinson, and I am in charge of this situation.” – Dwayne T. Robinson
9. “We do not alter the plan!” – Hans Gruber
Iconic Die Hard Quotes
10. “You have me at a loss. You know my name, but who are you? Just another American who saw too many movies as a child? Another orphan of a bankrupt culture who thinks he’s John Wayne? Rambo? Marshal Dillon?” – Hans Gruber
11. “Was always kinda partial to Roy Rogers, actually. I really like those sequined shirts.” – John McClane
12. “I thought I told all of you, I want radio silence until further notice.” – Hans Gruber
13. “Who are you, then?” – Hans Gruber
14. “It’s okay, I’m a cop. Trust me, I’ve been doing this for eleven years.” – John McClane
15. “I spent a weekend at a combat ranch. You know, that game with the guns that shoot red paint? Probably seems kind of stupid to you.” – Hans Gruber
16. “Why don’t you take this under consideration, m*th*rf*ck*r?” – John McClane
17. “Hey babe, I negotiate million-dollar deals for breakfast. I think I can handle this Eurotrash.” – Ellis
18. “You’re pretty tricky with that accent. You oughtta be on fuckin’ TV with that accent.” – John McClane
19. “We’re gonna need some more FBI guys, I guess.” – Dwayne T. Robinson
Thrilling Die Hard Quotes
20. “Now I have a machine gun. Ho-ho-ho.” – Hand Gruber
21. “You want money? What kind of terrorists are you?” – Joseph Takagi
22. “You are most troublesome for a security guard.” – Hans Gruber
23. “Who said we were terrorists?” – Hans Gruber
24. “Time for the real thing, Bill. All you gotta do is pull the trigger.” – John McClane
25. “No more tables! Where are you going to go now? Let me give you some advice—next time you have the chance to kill someone, don’t hesitate!” – Marco
26. “Nine million terrorists in the world, and I gotta kill one with feet smaller than my sister.” – John McClane
27. “Do you really think you have a chance against us, Mr. Cowboy?” – Hans Gruber
28. “I am going to count to three. There will not be a four.” – Hans Gruber
29. “Alas, your Mr. Takagi did not see it that way. So he won’t be joining us for the rest of his life.” – Hans Gruber
Die Hard Quotes About Life and Having Fun
30. “Come out to the coast, we’ll get together, have a few laughs.” – John McClane
31. “I’m very sorry, Hans. I didn’t get that message. Maybe you should’ve put it on the bulletin board.” – John McClane
32. “I thought you guys just ate donuts?” – Store Clerk
33. “You’ll have to forgive Ellis. He gets very depressed this time of year. He thought he was God’s greatest gift. You know?” – Holly Gennero McClane
34. “I think he’s got his eye on you.” – John McClane
35. “You throw quite a party. I didn’t realize they celebrated Christmas in Japan.” – John McClane
36. “No f*ck*ng sh*t, lady. Does it sound like I’m ordering a pizza?” – John McClane
37. “Only John can make somebody that crazy.” – Holly Gennero McClane
38. “I wanted this to be professional, efficient, adult, cooperative. Not a lot to ask.” – Hans Gruber
39. “Happy trails, Hans.” – John McClane
Funny Die Hard Quotes
40. “You asked for miracles, I give you the FBI.” – Hans Gruber
41. “Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. A monkey in the wretch. A pain in the ass.” – John McClane
42. “I’m a cop from New York. Got invited to the Christmas party by mistake. Who knew?” – John McClane
43. “Better than getting caught with your pants down.” – John McClane
44. “That’s okay. I have my eye on his private bathroom.” – Holly Gennero McClane
45. “Hey, we’re flexible. Pearl Harbor didn’t work out so we got you with tape decks.” – Joseph Takagi
46. “You Americans are all alike. Well, this time, John Wayne does not walk off into the sunset with Grace Kelly.” – Hans Gruber
47. “That’s a nice suit. It’d be a shame to ruin it.” – Hans Gruber
48. “Asshole? I’m not the one who just got butt-fucked on national TV. Now, you listen to me, j*rk-*ff. If you’re not a part of the solution, you’re a part of the problem. Quit being a part of the f*ck*ng problem and put the other guy back on!” – John McClane
49. “Hans! You m*th*rf*ck*r, you made your point. Now let them pull back!” – John McClane
Epic Die Hard Quotes
50. “We can go any way you want it. You can walk out of here or be carried out, but have no illusions. We are in charge.” – Hans Gruber
51. “I’m on your side, assholes!” – John McClane
52. “Oh god, I hope that’s not a hostage.” – Dwayne T. Robinson
53. “You’d have made a pretty good cowboy yourself, Hans.” – John McClane
54. “Why’d you have to nuke the whole building, Hans?” – John McClane
55. “When you steal $600, you can just disappear. When you steal $600 million, they will find you, unless they think you’re already dead.” – Hans Gruber
56. “Too bad, McClane. I kinda liked you.” – Captain Grant
57. “You are just in the wrong place, at the wrong time.” – Captain Grant
58. “Just once, I’d like a regular, normal Christmas—eggnog, a fuckin’ Christmas tree, a little turkey. But, no! I gotta crawl around in this motherfuckin’ tin can!” – John McClane
59. “When they touch down, we’ll blow the roof, they’ll spend a month sifting through rubble, and by the time they figure out what went wrong, we’ll be sitting on a beach earning twenty percent.” – Hans Gruber
60. “How can the same sh*t happen to the same guy twice.” – John McClane
Why Do You Think the Die Hard Fever Never Dies?
To answer that question, let’s take a trip back to the action movies of the 80s. Most, if not all the time, 80s action movie stars were just big, muscular guys who seem unbeatable and don’t have any feelings.
This all changed when Die Hard entered the picture and introduced John McClane.
He was in the police force, but still, he was seemingly a very ordinary guy. And yes, Die Hard does have a lot of blood and violence on screen, but it remained more or less realistic.
It allowed us to see that John McClane was still human. He got hurt, he felt pain, and he had an overwhelming love and dedication for his family.
The themes around Die Hard may seem normal and ordinary now, but let’s not forget, it was way different during the time of its release.
That’s why Die Hard is such a classic and is a legacy that endures—it’s an intense and heavy film, but at the same time, it’s real, human, and raw.
What are your opinions on Die Hard’s legacy? Are there any quotes that struck at your heartstrings? Let us know in the comments section below.