These discipline quotes will help you understand how important it is to remain firm even when faced with our impulses.
The world we live in is full of temptations. Sometimes, our resolve is not firm enough to stay true to our morals, beliefs, and principles.
But, we need to remember that we must be disciplined enough to turn away from things that won’t help us progress toward our goals.
Discipline is the foundation that will allow us to climb the ladder to success. It allows us to remain strong and committed, no matter the challenges and circumstances.
So, read through the quotes we’ve compiled below to help you see how important discipline is in life. We’re positive you’ll uncover many relatable truths that will guide you!
And don’t forget to check out these practice quotes and stillness quotes.
Best Discipline Quotes
1. “Discipline is the foundation of happiness and the uttermost requirement for success.” – Anonymous
2. “Discipline isn’t about showing a dog who’s boss; it’s about taking responsibility for a living creature you have brought into your world.” – Cesar Millan
3. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” – Jim Rohn
4. “Discipline really means our ability to get ourselves to do things when we don’t want to.” – Arden Mahlberg
5. “Discipline is a habit in a fluid state. Fluidity allows the habit to adjust to changing circumstances.” – Sukant Ratnakar
6. “Discipline is just doing the same thing the right way whether anyone’s watching or not.” – Michael J. Fox.
7. “Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end.” – Robert Fripp
8. “The distance between dreams and reality is called discipline.” – Anonymous
9. “The discipline is the key to the success of your life’s purpose; without that, you reach no anywhere.” – Ehsan Sehgal
Famous Quotes on Discipline
10. “True freedom is impossible without a mind made free by discipline.” – Mortimer J. Adler
11. “Those who have nothing have only their discipline.” – Alain Badiou
12. “A disciplined mind leads to happiness, and an undisciplined mind leads to suffering.” – Dalai Lama XIV
13. “Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.” – Roy L. Smith
14. “Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me, it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly.” – Julie Andrews
15. “Discipline and united action are the real sources of strength for the nation.” – Lal Bahadur Shastri
16. “Discipline―the one thing necessary to achieve any goal worth having.” – Anonymous
Also read: Famous Quotes
Powerful Discipline Quotes That’ll Set Your Priorities Straight
17. “Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.” – Augusta F. Kantra
18. “Discipline comes from needs, not wants.” – Jack Butcher
19. “Discipline is remembering what you want.” – David Campbell
20. “True discipline is really just self-remembering; no forcing or fighting is necessary.” – Charles Eisenstein
21. “Discipline trains you to put up with disappointments; every rose has a thorn.” – Sai Baba
22. “Discipline and commitment is a pathway to reach goals and dreams.” – Dr. Anil Kr Sinha
23. “Discipline is the thing that makes you do what you might not want to, but you do it anyway because it’s what you have to do in order to get what you want or desire.” – Kyle Vidrine
24. “Discipline is doing what you really don’t want to do so you can do what you really want to do.” – Jeff Fisher
Also read: Self-Discipline Quotes
Discipline Quotes for More Chances of Success
25. “Success is a result of daily disciplines compounded over time.” – Darren Hardy
26. “Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day.” – Jim Rohn
27. “The price of excellence is discipline. The cost of mediocrity is disappointment.” – William Arthur Ward
28. “Discipline not just determines success but determines how long you can stay successful.” – C. Muthu Palaniappan
29. “Your level of success is determined by your level of discipline and perseverance.” – Anonymous
30. “Success is created through the performance of a few small daily disciplines that stack up over time to produce achievements far beyond anything you could have ever planned for.” – Robin Sharma
31. “Success doesn’t just happen. You have to be intentional about it, and that takes discipline.” – John C. Maxwell
32. “As long as you have discipline, you can be a success. Discipline is what makes you do everything you need to do.” – Anthony Joshua
Also read: Success Quotes
Discipline Quotes to Make Your Path in Life Clear
33. “Without discipline, there’s no life at all.” – Katharine Hepburn
34. “We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.” – Jim Rohn
35. “That aim in life is highest which requires the highest and finest discipline.” – Henry David Thoreau
36. “The cost of discipline is always less than the cost of the lack of discipline.” – Anonymous
37. “There is no magic wand that can resolve our problems. The solution rests with our work and discipline.” – Jose Eduardo dos Santos
38. “Discipline is being able to force yourself to do something in spite of how you feel, over and over until it becomes a habit.” – Kim Brenneman
39. “Live your life while you have it. Life is a splendid gift. But to live your life, you must discipline it.” – Florence Nightingale
40. “Discipline comes easy when you give yourself no other options.” – Carlos del Valle
41. “It’s been said that there are only two pains in life, the pain of discipline or the pain of regret, and that discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.” – Anthony Robbins
Short Discipline Quotes That Can Serve as Your Guide
42. “Discipline is wisdom and vice versa.” – M. Scott Peck
43. “One discipline always leads to another discipline.” – Jim Rohn
44. “He who lives without discipline dies without honor.” – Icelandic Proverb
45. “Lack of discipline leads to frustration and self-loathing.” – Marie Chapian
46. “Discipline turns ability into achievement.” – Anonymous
47. “Discipline is the difference between good and great.” – Anonymous
48. “Discipline and concentration is a matter of being interested.” – Anonymous
Eye-Opening Discipline Quotes to Better Understand Its Essence
49. “Discipline takes courage and perseverance, but it pays off.” – Joan Price
50. “Without a passion for discipline, the most beautiful dreams have zero value.” – Anonymous
51. “Discipline is based on pride, on meticulous attention to detail, and on mutual respect and confidence. Discipline must be a habit so ingrained that it is stronger than the excitement of the goal or the fear of failure.” – Gary Ryan Blair
52. “Discipline is not about the rules; it is about respect. It’s respect for those around you, the things you own, and for yourself. Discipline is part of being a steward.” – Janna Cachola
53. “Right discipline consists, not in external compulsion, but in the habits of mind which lead spontaneously to desirable rather than undesirable activities.” – Bertrand Russell
54. “Why is discipline important? Discipline teaches us to operate by principle rather than desire. Saying no to our impulses―even the ones that are not inherently sinful―puts us in control of our appetites rather than vice versa. It deposes our lust and permits truth, virtue, and integrity to rule our minds instead.” – John MacArthur Jr.
55. “Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to the weak, and esteem to all.” – George Washington
More Discipline Quotes for Everyone
56. “Discipline is more reliable than motivation. One is consistent, the other is fleeting.” – Shane Parrish
57. “By constant discipline, you can develop a sense of character.” – Anonymous
58. “With discipline, you can lose weight, you can excel in work, you can win the war.” – Amit Kalantri
59. “Without discipline, the army would just be a bunch of guys wearing the same color clothing.” – Frank Burns
60. “Men need discipline! Countries need discipline! The world needs discipline! He who wants to be successful needs discipline! Be a man of discipline!” – Mehmet Murat İldan
Do You Think Being Disciplined Can Change Your Life for the Better?
Life is a puzzle made up of a million different things―our likes, dislikes, wants, temptations, desires, and more. All these things work together to create the life we were meant to live. But, in this mix, there are good and bad things; sadly, we sometimes get so caught up in the negatives that we forget to focus on the good.
Negativities in our lives include temptations that lure us into regression rather than progress. These things distract us and keep us away from reaching success. In line with that, this is where discipline comes into play.
When we’re disciplined, we can discern when we can and can’t entertain any distractions. It allows us to allot more time to things that truly matter and act on what would genuinely propel us forward. Through discipline, we have more control over how life plays out―no matter how unpredictable it could be.
As we’ve learned from the quotes above, this value will bring you closer to your life’s purpose. So, learn to live with discipline and turn your life around for the better!