Revisit one of the most memorable non-superhero characters ever through this collection of the best Edna Mode quotes.
When you think of The Incredibles, you automatically think about the Parr family. However, one of the characters that made the franchise what it is now is the ever-iconic Edna Mode.
She is an eccentric fashion designer famous for designing the superhero costumes of the biggest names in the industry. Edna also worked closely with Mr. Incredible himself and his wife, Elastigirl.
Throughout the years, Edna has maintained a strong friendship with the two, and when needed, she stepped in to design new costumes for them. She was even willing to babysit Jack-Jack!
Aside from these things, Edna is famous for disliking capes and reminiscing about the past. She has so many famous lines that we’re sure you’ll be able to recite with no problem!
So, if you want to revisit her best scenes and lines, read on. We’ve got the most memorable Edna Mode quotes from The Incredibles and Incredibles 2!
And don’t forget to check out these Daffy Duck quotes and Charlie Brown quotes.
Best Edna Mode Quotes
1. “You are Elastigirl! My God! Pull yourself together! What will you do? Is this a question? You will show him you remember that he is Mr. Incredible, and you will remind him who you are.”
2. “I never look back, darling; it distracts from the now.”
3. “This is a hobo suit, darling. You can’t be seen in this. I won’t allow it! Fifteen years ago, maybe, but now?”
4. “November 15th of ’58! All was well, another day saved when his cape snagged on a missile fin!”
5. “Well, I am sure I don’t know, darling. Luck favors the prepared.”
6. “You need a new suit; that much is certain.”
7. “Go, confront the problem. Fight! Win!”
Edna Mode Lines That Will Never Leave Your Mind
8. Edna Mode: “It will be bold! Dramatic!”
Bob Parr: “Yeah!”
Edna Mode: “Heroic!”
Bob Parr: “Yeah. Something classic, like—like Dynaguy. Oh, he had a great look! Oh, the cape and the boots—.”
Edna Mode: “No capes!”
9. “My God, you’ve gotten fat.”
10. “Men at Robert’s age are often unstable—prone to weakness.”
11. Bob Parr: “Wait. You want to make me a suit?”
Edna Mode: “You push too hard, darling! But I accept.”
12. Edna Mode: “I didn’t know the baby’s powers, so I covered the basics.”
Helen Parr: “Jack-Jack doesn’t have any powers.”
Edna Mode: “No? Well, he’ll look fabulous anyway.”
Edna Mode Quotes From The Incredibles
13. “Leave him? Here? I am not a baby person, Robert! I am not cut out for baby’s facilities! I am an artist, I don’t have time for any of this!”
14. “You can’t! It’s impossible! I’m far too busy, so ask me now before I can become sane.”
15. “It can also withstand a temperature of over 1,000 degrees. Completely bulletproof—and machine washable, darling. That’s a new feature.”
16. “Your boy’s suit I designed to withstand enormous friction without heating up or wearing out—a useful feature. Your daughter’s suit was tricky, but I finally created a sturdy material that can disappear completely as she does. Your suit can stretch as far as you can without injuring yourself, and still retain its shape. Virtually indestructible, yet it breathes like Egyptian cotton.”
17. “I cut it a little roomy for free movement; the fabric is comfortable for sensitive skin.”
18. Bob Parr: “You know I’m retired from hero work.”
Edna Mode: “As am I, Robert, yet here we are.”
Funny Edna Mode Quotes to Keep You Entertained
19. “Yes, words are useless. Gobble, gobble, gobble.”
20. “Yes, yes, marvelous suit, darling, much better than those horrible pajamas he used to wear.”
21. Bob Parr: “Combustion imminent? What does that mean?”
Edna Mode: “It means fire, Robert.”
22. “That is why I show you my work! That is why you are here!”
23. “Milan, darling. Milan. Supermodels. Heh! Nothing super about them—spoiled, stupid little stick figures with poofy lips who think only about themselves. Feh! I used to design for gods!”
24. “Meta-Man. Express elevator. Dynaguy, snag on takeoff. Splashdown, sucked into a vortex.”
25. Helen Parr: “I’d like to speak to Edna, please.”
Edna Mode: “This is Edna.”
Helen Parr: “E? This is Helen.”
Edna Mode: “Helen, who?”
Helen Parr: “Helen Parr. You know, Elastigirl.”
Short Edna Mode Quotes for Fans
26. “Simple, elegant, yet bold. You will die.”
27. “Don’t make me beg, darling, I won’t do it, you know!”
28. “Go check the electric fence or something!”
29. “Darling! How are you? It’s been such a long time.”
30. “They’re all finished; when are you coming to see?”
31. “This is designed by Vincento? Explain yourself!”
32. “Edna Mode—and guest.”
33. “You come in one hour, darling, I insist, okay? Okay, bye-bye.”
Edna Mode Quotes for Those Who Want to Revisit Incredibles 2
34. “Done properly, parenting is a heroic act—done properly.”
35. “Any solution involving cookies will inevitably result in the demon baby.”
36. “Of course, you can leave the baby overnight. I’m sure filling in for Helen is challenging, and you are very tired, and the other children need you and miss you, and you must go to them. Auntie Edna will take care of everything, so drive safely and goodbye. I enjoy our visits.”
37. “Yes, I’m sure your gratitude is quite inexpressible. Don’t ask me to do it again, darling, my rates are far too high.”
38. “Oh, pish-posh, darling. Your bill will be covered by my fee for being Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, and Frozone’s exclusive designer throughout the known universe and until the end of time. But babysitting this one, I do for free, darling.”
39. “Although I have doubtlessly exceeded your expectations for a single night’s work. the suit and device contain a few more features we need to discuss.”
40. “I understand your lack of sleep is confusing you, Robert. Babies can be anything, and your child is no exception. Shows unlimited potential, Robert. That’s why I worked in a creative fever. Auntie E has stayed up all night, making sure you look fabulous in your uniform.”
More Edna Mode Sayings From Incredibles 2
41. “Jack-Jack widened his eyes to make them shaped like mine and grew hair that looks exactly like my hairstyle.”
42. “He is bright, and I am stimulating. We deserve each other.”
43. “The fire retardant is blackberry-lavender, darling. Effective, edible, and delicious.”
44. “I often work to music, and I noticed the baby responds to it as well. Specifically, Mozart.”
45. “Blended kevlar with carbide for durability under duress and comfort also. Interwoven with these fabrics, are a mesh of tiny sensors that monitor the baby’s physical properties.”
Do You Also Think That Edna Mode Has Added a Lot of Flair to The Incredibles Franchise?
Without Edna Mode, the franchise will just be your typical superhero movie with all the action and fighting. However, through her, we get a new view of superheroes’ lives.
Edna Mode’s scenes primarily focus on the costumes she designs and what they’re made of. So, it’s so refreshing to get information on what constitutes a suit intended for heroes!
Beyond that, Edna Mode also has some valuable wisdom in life. She says, “I never look back, darling; it distracts from the now,” and “Luck favors the prepared.”
In the first quote, Edna teaches us how important it is to live in the present and not wallow in our past mistakes and regrets. Doing so can ensure that we move forward in life with more confidence!
Secondly, Edna Mode allows us to understand that success is not just about pure luck. If an opportunity comes and you miss it because you’re unprepared, then it’s nothing but a waste!
With that, we hope we were able to open your eyes to some lessons you can only learn from this eccentric fashion designer from The Incredibles franchise. Be sure to revisit the best Edna Mode quotes whenever you need motivation, darling!