We understand that trying hard, again and again, is tiring and may not yield your desired outcome, so here are some great effort quotes to help you out!
An effort is a vigorous or determined attempt to do something. It can also be an action that happens when we’re trying to achieve our goals and dreams. But, sometimes, no matter how much work we put in, we don’t succeed, or we don’t attain the results we want.
However, if we focus on the negative result of our efforts, it will be harder for us to make a comeback. Instead, we must focus on the positive and know that no matter how little, we have made progress.
This is a crucial part of our learning process and growth. We need to recognize that all our efforts will bring about progress. It doesn’t matter whether that progress is big or small; what’s important is that we learn from each outcome, even when it’s not what we’ve hoped for.
In this way, you will be able to exert effort without hesitation and always give your best. So, to get a better understanding of this topic, continue reading our list of effort quotes.
We’re sure you’ll pick up some valuable lessons that you can apply in life!
Best Effort Quotes
1. “Nothing worth having was ever achieved without effort.” – Theodore Roosevelt
2. “The results you achieve will be in direct proportion to the effort you apply.” – Denis Waitley
3. “The amount of effort you put in is the amount of results you end up with.” – Catherine Pulsifer
4. “For every disciplined effort, there are multiple rewards.” – Jim Rohn
5. “Effort is only effort when it begins to hurt.” – Jose Ortega y Gassett
6. “Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of intelligent effort.” – John Ruskin
7. “Success is dependent on effort.” – Sophocles
8. “The only thing that has kept me around is my effort.” – Ray Lewis
9. “Constant effort and frequent mistakes are the stepping stones to genius.” – Elbert Hubbard
10. “Give your best effort because you are worth your best effort.” – Denis Waitley
11. “There is only one thing in life you can control. Your own effort.” – Mark Cuban
12. “Make every effort matter, and always make the following effort better than the last one.” – Hermann J Steinherr
13. “Great effort springs naturally from great attitude.” – Pat Riley
14. “To double your gains, you got to triple your effort.” – Anonymous
15. “Continuous effort, not strength or intelligence, is the key to unlocking our potential.” – Winston Churchill
Famous Effort Quotes
16. “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment. Full effort is full victory.” – Mahatma Gandhi
17. “Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.” – Napoleon Hill
18. “Effort is the extension of the will. Without a will, without determination, there can be no effort.” – Byron Pulsifer
19. “Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you.” – Arnold PalmerJohn
20. “Life can be boring unless you put some effort into it.” – John C. Maxwell
Effort Quotes to Have Better Chances of a Successful Outcome
21. “Always make the needed effort to bring success into your reality.” – Jason Edward Shiffman
22. “Mental toughness with extreme effort is the formula for success.” – Mark Wiggins
23. “Effort is the Siamese twin of success.” – Shane Koyczan
24. “What seems to motivate people has to do with the results of their own efforts and the feeling that they are contributing to the overall success of the enterprise.” – Kate Keenan
25. “Be willing to give that extra effort that separates the winner from the one in second place.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
26. “Much effort, much prosperity.” – Euripides
27. “Winning is not everything, but the effort to win is.” – Zig Ziglar
28. “Excellence without effort is as futile as progress without preparation.” – William Arthur Ward
29. “A winning effort begins with preparation.” – Joe Gibbs
30. “Every effort in life is marked down as a win or loss.” – Edward Bennett Williams
31. “Putting forth the effort to succeed is tantamount to your success.” – Jon Jones
32. “A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn into a glorious success.” – Elbert Hubbard
Meaningful Effort Quotes for Those Who Seek Improvement
33. “Our daily objectives should include an honest effort to improve on yesterday.” – Zig Ziglar
34. “Every day of my life, I make an effort. Like, everything’s an effort—a good effort.” – Finn Jones
35. “Sometimes, things may not go your way, but the effort should be there every single night.” – Michael Jordan
36. “It takes a lot of effort to do things effortlessly.” – Alexander Den Heijer
37. “Unwearied, a ceaseless effort is a price that must be paid for turning faith into a rich infallible experience.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Effort Quotes That’ll Push You to Do Your Best
38. “Exerting all your efforts on one thing is the most important thing that you have to learn to be.” – Bogdan Ivanov
39. “Humans recognize effort, and that’s what I do. I give max effort.” – Justin Gaethje
40. “I think I owe it to myself to put my best effort forward and prove how good I can be.” – Patrick Kane
41. “It is the effort that matters, and it is the effort that God cares about. Do your best, and God will do the rest, and you will be exactly where you are currently meant to be.” – Timothy McGaffin II
42. “It takes effort and belief to persevere and stay dedicated to accomplish your goal. When you find yourself doubting whether the effort is worth it, visualize how you will feel and what you will have once your goal is completed.” – Catherine Pulsifer
Effort Quotes to Guide You in Focusing on the Positive Things
43. “If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you.” – Michael Jordan
44. “An effort made for the happiness of others lifts above ourselves.” – Lydia M. Child
45. “The greater the effort, the greater the glory.” – Pierre Corneille
46. “There is often a much simpler way of doing things if you make the effort to look for it.” – Edward de Bono
Effort Quotes That’ll Make You Feel Unstoppable
47. “The one thing that matters is the effort.” – Antoine De Saint-Exupéry
48. “The mode by which the inevitable comes to pass is effort.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
49. “The best effort of a fine person is felt after we have left their presence.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
50. “Leaders are made. They are not born. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile.” – Vince Lombardi
Effort Quotes That Zoom in on Great Results
51. “In all human affairs, there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.” – James Allen
52. “By identifying the 20% of efforts that matter most and produce the greatest results, anyone can save time, improve performance, and simplify their life.” – Michael Linsin
53. “You can also work more creatively, or you can do anything that enables you to get greater leverage and results from your efforts.” – Brian Tracy
54. “Never did I imagine luck as something I could create with my own effort. But it made sense.” – Anthony Frasier
55. “At the end of the day, you can’t control the results; you can only control your effort level and your focus.” – Ben Zobrist
More Effort Quotes for Everyone With Dreams
56. “Effort is grossly underrated.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
57. “Whatever we accomplish is due to the combined effort.” – Walt Disney
58. “The achievements of an organization are the results of the combined effort of each individual.” – Vince Lombardi
59. “When we make the effort for each other, it makes the difference.” – Kylian Mbappe
60. “Effort is important, but knowing where to make an effort in your life, and in relationship with others makes all the difference.” – Marilyn Atkinson
Did This Collection Help You Understand the Value and Importance of Effort?
A lot of us know the value and importance of exerting effort. Because, without it, all other positive attributes—integrity, tolerance, and compassion—would be of no value. Effort is necessary, but it is never easy.
We learn this lesson the hard way—we try and try and try again, just to repeatedly fail and be brought back to the place we’ve started. However, we must always keep in mind that everything that will bring us happiness is worth all the effort and the hard work. No matter what, all our actions are worthwhile when backed by a sincere and genuine desire to succeed.
Our success starts with our journey and what we’re willing to do to get closer to our dreams. Like what we’ve learned from this collection, never be idle. Instead, dare to move toward your dreams and jump at every opportunity without fear of failing.