Forge your bond and fill your heart with love by reading these father and daughter quotes.
A father and daughter’s unbreakable and special bond is undeniably the best relationship someone can have.
With a connection built on love, trust, and comfort, it is one that will survive no matter how many obstacles and storms may pass.
Moreover, even if dads are not the ones who gave birth to their daughters, they continue to protect and love their kids.
After all, fathers continue to stand as a strong branch that supports them even if they are already grown-up women.
So, make sure to show your appreciation and create a stronger bond with them by using these father and daughter quotes.
Read our full collection below and find out which quote reminds you of your relationship the most.
And don’t forget to check out these daughter quotes and mother and daughter quotes.
Best Father and Daughter Quotes
1. “A man’s daughter is his heart. Just with feet walking out in the world.” – Mat Johnson
2. “A father holds his daughter’s hand for a short while, but he holds her heart forever.” – Anonymous
3. “Behind every great daughter is a truly amazing dad.” – Anonymous
4. “No one in this world can love a girl more than her father.” – Michael Ratnadeepak
5. “Being a daddy’s girl is like having permanent armor for the rest of your life.” – Marinela Reka
6. “Fathers, be good to your daughters. You are the god and the weight of her world.” – John Mayer
7. “I am a princess not because I have a prince, but because my father is a king.” – Anonymous
8. “The love between a father and daughter is forever.” – Anonymous
9. “A good father will leave his imprint on his daughter for the rest of her life.” – James C. Dobson
10. “Fathers, be your daughter’s first love, and she’ll never settle for anything less.” – Anonymous
11. “To a father growing old, nothing is dearer than a daughter.” – Euripides
12. “Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter. In love, to our wives, there is desire. To our sons, ambition. But to our daughters, there is something which there are no words to express.” – Joseph Addison
13. “Ordinary father-daughter love had a charge to it that generally was both permitted and indulged. There was just something so beautiful about the big father complementing the tiny girl. Bigness and tininess together at last, yet the bigness would never hurt the tininess! It respected it. In a world in which big always crushes tiny, you wanted to cry at the beauty of big being kind of and worshipful of and being humbled by tiny. You couldn’t help but think of your own father as you saw your little girl with hers.” – Meg Wolitzer
Father and Daughter Love Quotes
14. “A good father loves his daughter with no strings attached. He is available. He is both strong and tender. Being big and strong doesn’t mean being separate from one’s feelings. To the contrary, it means being very much in touch with them. Women who experienced fathers like that know that a strong man can cry and that a man who can cry can also be very strong.” – Marlin S. Potash
15. “The happiest moment of my life was probably when my daughter was born.” – David Duchovny
16. “Not only a father is an example for a daughter, but a daughter is a great inspiration for a father.” – Anonymous
17. “It’s almost an impossible task to separate fathers from their daughters. That bond is something mysteriously awesome, and it can only be made from heaven.” – Anonymous
18. “The smile of a daughter is the secret purpose of every father.” – Anonymous
19. “When I come home, my daughter will run to the door and give me a big hug, and everything that’s happened that day just melts away.” – Hugh Jackman
20. “Dads immediately fall in love with their little girls and will let them get away with everything. So moms are going to have to be the disciplinarians when it comes to daughters.” – Jimmy Fallon
21. “Go on, take on this whole world, but to me, you know you’ll always be my little girl.” – Tim McGraw
22. “For father, his daughter is no less than a breath.” – Sachin Ramdas Bharatiya
23. “No other love in the world is like the love of a father has for his little girl.” – Anonymous
24. “It is not flesh and blood, but the heart which makes us father and daughter.” – Anonymous
25. “There’s no perfect way to be a father, but you can do your best, give your daughter the best of you and protect her, so she never doubts your love.” – Anonymous
26. “The reason why daughters love their dad the most is that there is at least one man in the world who will never hurt her.” – Anonymous
27. “The love between father and daughter knows no distance.” – Anonymous
28. “You fathers will understand. You have a little girl. She looks up to you. You’re her oracle. You’re her hero. And then the day comes when she gets her first permanent wave and goes to her first real party, and from that day on, you’re in a constant state of panic.” – Stanley T. Banks
Also read: Mom Quotes
Short Father and Daughter Quotes That’ll Strengthen Your Bond
29. “I think my mom put it best. Little girls soften their daddy’s hearts.” – Paul Walker
30. “A girl’s first true love is her father.” – Marisol Santiago
31. “A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men.” – Anonymous
32. “Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes.” – Gloria Naylor
33. “They don’t make men like my daddy anymore.” – Loretta Lynn
34. “There is this girl who stole my heart, and she calls me daddy.” – Anonymous
35. “No one is able to make the female a queen except her father.” – Arab Proverb
Heartwarming Dad and Daughter Quotes to Honor All Fathers
36. “Daddy, thanks for being my hero, chauffeur, financial support, listener, life mentor, friend, guardian, and simply being there every time I need a hug.” – Agatha Stephanie Lin
37. “It was my father who taught me to value myself. He told me that I was uncommonly beautiful and that I was the most precious thing in his life.” – Dawn French
38. “When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back.” – Linda Poindexter
39. “I love my daddy. My daddy’s everything. I hope I can find a man that will treat me as good as my dad.” – Lady Gaga
40. “I love my father as the stars—he’s a bright shining example and a happy twinkling in my heart.” – Terri Guillemets
41. “I am not ashamed to say that no man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much.” – Hedy Lamarr
42. “My daddy was my hero. He was always there for me when I needed him. He listened to me and taught me so many things. But most of all, he was fun.” – Bindi Irwin
43. “Hopefully, we were all daddy’s little girl. He was and hopefully still is wrapped around our little finger. Not to take advantage of more just for the comfort of knowing he is there.” – Violette DeSantis
Also read: Father’s Day Quotes
Father and Daughter Quotes That Reveal What Dads Feel
44. “There’s two things I know for sure, she was sent here from heaven, and she’s daddy’s little girl.” – Bob Carlisle
45. “When times are hard, I know you’ll be strong. I’ll be there in your heart when you’ll carry on. Like moonlight on the water, and sunlight in the sky, fathers, and daughters never say goodbye.” – Michael Bolton
46. “I wanna hold you, protect you from all of the things I’ve already endured. And I wanna show you, show you all the things that this life has in store for you. And I’ll always love you, the way that a father should love his daughter.” – Staind
47. “When my daughter says, ‘Daddy, I need you!’ I wonder if she has any idea that I need her billion times more.” – Stanley Behrman
48. “Many a man wishes he were strong enough to tear a telephone book in half, especially if he has a teenage daughter.” – Guy Lombardo
49. “Having a daughter makes you see things in a different way. This is my only girl. So I don’t care what it takes to protect her. You can call it what you want to call it. As long as you treat her the same way I treat her, like my princess, I don’t mind.” – Tracy Morgan
50. “One of the first duties of a father is to protect his daughter from crying, or else, make those who make her cry to pay for their crimes.” – Anonymous
51. “One of the greatest things about daughters is how they adored you when they were little, how they rushed into your arms with electric delight and demanded that you watch everything they do and listen to everything they say. Those memories will help you through less joyous times when their adoration is replaced by embarrassment or annoyance, and they don’t want you to see what they are doing or hear what they are saying. And yet, you will adore your daughter every day of her life, hoping to be valued again, but realizing how fortunate you were even if you only get what you already got.” – Michael Josephson
Father and Daughter Quotes That Will Be Always Cute
52. “A little girl giggles when she is denied an ice cream by her mother. She knows daddy will get her some later.” – Anonymous
53. “A wedding is for daughters and fathers. They stop being married to each other on that day.” – Sarah Ruhl
54. “The laugh of a daughter is a favorite symphony of a father.” – Anonymous
55. “Fathers and daughters have a special bond. She is always daddy’s little girl.” – Richard L. Ratliff
56. “A daughter may outgrow her father’s lap, but she’ll never outgrow his heart.” – Anonymous
Father and Daughter Quotes for Your Entertainment
57. “She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her, the most potent moral force in her life, was the love of her father.” – Harper Lee
58. “It is admirable for a man to take his son fishing, but there is a special place in heaven for the father who takes his daughter shopping.” – John Sinor
59. “There’s something like a line of gold thread running through a man’s words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually, over the years, it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself.” – John Gregory Brown
60. “They say that from the instant he lays eyes on her, a father adores his daughter. Whoever she grows up to be, she is always to him, that little girl in pigtails. She makes him feel like Christmas. In exchange, he makes a secret promise not to see the awkwardness of her teenage years, the mistakes she makes, or the secrets she keeps.” – Anonymous
How Do You Strengthen Your Father and Daughter Relationship?
Having a good father and daughter relationship is one of the most fulfilling experiences in the world. After all, it is a formative relationship that plays a huge role in the development of little girls.
In fact, dads treat their daughters like princesses, while women see their fathers as kings and knights. When their daughters get hurt or feel scared, they serve as protectors and a safe space. For fathers, their exhaustion and stress are immediately relieved by the hugs of their little girls.
So, despite your busyness at work or school, make sure to remember your loved ones at home. You should spend time with them and show them how much you love them. Keep forging your bond.
Hopefully, our quotes made you realize the importance of a strong father and daughter relationship. Make sure to revisit our collection again to help you get closer to them.
Which quote warmed your heart? Do you have your favorite quote? Leave a comment below.
1 thought on “60 Father and Daughter Quotes to Nurture Your Bond”
Loved reading these. Missing my Dad today.
Comments are closed.