Expand your knowledge with this list of Frankenstein quotes that will reveal the reality of life!
It’s okay to be driven in the pursuit of your goals. But, it can be dangerous if that desire causes you to lose control over yourself. This is what happens to Dr. Henry in the 1931 Frankenstein movie when he gets obsessed with his goal of creating a creature using diseased human bodies.
He thought his invention of creating life would make him a famous scientist. But, in the end, he created a monster that brought him nothing but pain and destruction.
If you’re curious about what happens to Dr. Henry and the monster he created, consider reading our complete list below. You will learn the reason behind his obsession, and it will open your eyes to the horrible reality of society.
And make sure to check out these The Rocky Horror Picture Show quotes.
Best Frankenstein Quotes
1. “We are about to unfold the story of Frankenstein, a man of science who sought to create a man after his own image without reckoning upon God.” – Dr. Waldman
2. “There’s nothing to fear. Look. No blood, no decay. Just a few stitches. And look, here’s the final touch. The brain you stole, Fritz. Think of it. The brain of a dead man waiting to live again in a body I made with my own hands, with my own hands. Let’s have one final test. Throw the switches.” – Dr. Henry Frankenstein
3. Dr. Henry Frankenstein: “Look! It’s moving. It’s alive. It’s alive. It’s alive. It’s moving. It’s alive. It’s alive. It’s alive. It’s alive. It’s alive!”
Victor Moritz: “Henry, in the name of God!”
Dr. Henry Frankenstein: “Oh, in the name of God! Now I know what it feels like to be God!”
4. “You have created a monster, and it will destroy you!” – Dr. Waldman
5. “It is one of the strangest tales ever told. It deals with the two great mysteries of creation: life and death. I think it will thrill you. It might even horrify you.” – Dr. Waldman
6. “I have discovered the great ray that first brought life upon the earth.” – Dr. Henry Frankenstein
7. “This storm will be magnificent. All the electrical secrets of Heaven.” – Dr. Henry Frankenstein
8. “Here’s to health, a son to the house of Frankenstein. Here’s to jolly good health to young Frankenstein.” – Baron Frankenstein
9. “Herr Frankenstein was interested only in human life. First, to destroy it; then recreate it. There you have his mad dream.” – Dr. Waldman
10. “There can be no wedding while this horrible creation of mine is still alive. I made him with these hands, and with these hands, I will destroy him. I must find him.” – Dr. Henry Frankenstein
Iconic Frankenstein Quotes That Will Stay With You
11. Dr. Henry Frankenstein: “Oh, come and sit down, doctor. You must be patient. Do you expect perfection at once?”
Dr. Waldman: “This creature of yours should be kept under guard! Mark my words; he will prove dangerous.”
Dr. Henry Frankenstein: “Dangerous? Poor old Waldman. Have you never wanted to do anything that was dangerous? Where would we be if nobody tried to find out what lies beyond? Have you never wanted to look beyond the clouds and the stars or to know what causes the trees to bud? And what changes the darkness into light? But if you talk like that, people call you crazy. Well, if I could discover just one of these things, what eternity is, for example, I wouldn’t care if they did think I was crazy.”
12. “The bodies we use in our dissecting room for lecture purposes were not perfect enough for his experiments, he said. He wished us to supply him with other bodies, and we were not to be too particular as to where and how we got them.” – Dr. Waldman
13. “Only evil can come of it. Your health will be ruined if you persist in this madness.” – Dr. Waldman
14. “The brain which was stolen from my laboratory was a criminal brain.” – Dr. Waldman
15. “Herr Frankenstein is a most brilliant young man, yet so erratic he troubles me.” – Dr. Waldman
16. “The neck’s broken. The brain is useless. We must find another brain.” – Dr. Henry Frankenstein
17. Dr. Waldman: “You really believe you can bring life to the dead?”
Dr. Henry Frankenstein: “That body is not dead. It has never lived. I created it. I made it with my own hands, from the bodies I took from graves, from the gallows, anywhere! Go and see for yourself.”
18. “He’s just resting, waiting for a new life to come.” – Dr. Henry Frankenstein
19. Dr. Waldman: “Herr Frankenstein is greatly changed.”
Victor Moritz: “You mean changed as a result of his work?”
Dr. Waldman: “Yes, his work, his insane ambition to create life.”
20. Victor Moritz: “You’re crazy!”
Dr. Henry Frankenstein: “Crazy, am I? We’ll see whether I’m crazy or not.”
21. “Patience, patience. I believe in this monster, as you call it. And if you don’t, well you must leave me alone.” – Dr. Henry Frankenstein
Frankenstein Quotes That Will Touch Your Heart
22. Dr. Henry Frankenstein: “It’s like Heaven, being with you again.”
Elizabeth Lavenza: “Heaven wasn’t so far away all the time, you know.”
Dr. Henry Frankenstein: “I know, but I didn’t realize it. My work. Those horrible days and nights. I couldn’t think of anything else.”
23. “Elizabeth believes in me. My father? He never believes in anyone. I’ve got to experiment further. He’s only a few days old, remember? So far, he’s been kept in complete darkness. Wait till I bring him into the light.” – Dr. Henry Frankenstein
24. “The very day we announced our engagement, he told me of his experiments. He said he was on the verge of discovery so terrific that he doubted his own sanity. There was a strange look in his eyes, some mystery. His words carried me right away. Of course, I’ve never doubted him but still, I worry. I can’t help it.” – Elizabeth Lavenza
Frankenstein Quotes to Give You Chills
25. “It’s a monster; shoot it!” – Dr. Waldman
26. Victor Moritz: “Henry!”
Dr. Waldman: “Frankenstein!”
Victor Moritz: “Henry!”
Dr. Waldman: “Frankenstein!”
Victor Moritz: “Henry!”
Elizabeth Lavenza: “Open the door!”
Victor Moritz: “Let us in!”
27. Dr. Henry Frankenstein: “Maria, she’s drowned.”
The Burgomaster: “My poor man, why do you bring her here.”
Dr. Henry Frankenstein: “She was murdered!”
More Frankenstein Quotes for Fans of This Movie
28. “Quite a good scene, isn’t it? One man crazy—three very sane spectators.” – Dr. Henry Frankenstein
29. “You think I’m an idiot, don’t you? But I’m not! Anyone can see with half an eye that there’s something wrong. And I have two eyes, and pretty good ones at that. Well, what is it? What’s the matter with my son? What’s he doing? Why does he go messing around an old ruined windmill when he has a decent house, a bath, good food and drink, and a darn pretty girl to come back to? Ha, will you tell me that?” – Baron Frankenstein
30. Dr. Henry Frankenstein: “Elizabeth, please, won’t you go away? Won’t you trust me, just for tonight?”
Elizabeth Lavenza: “You’re ill. What’s the matter?”
Dr. Henry Frankenstein: “Nothing. I’m quite alright. Truly, I am. Oh, can’t you see? I mustn’t be disturbed. You’ll ruin everything. My experiment is almost completed.”
Elizabeth Lavenza: “Wait a moment. I understand. I believe in you. But I cannot leave you tonight.”
Dr. Henry Frankenstein: “You’ve got to leave!”
Why Do You Think It’s Important to Understand the Difference Between Desire and Obsession?
We all have ambitions in life that we all want to attain. However, we must know that this ambition should bring success, not destruction. If we ignore these things, our lives might resemble Dr. Henry’s.
Unlike Henry Frankenstein, we should always be mindful of when to stop because if these desires control us, they will definitely make our lives crumble. There’s nothing wrong with having goals and ambitions. But, you should carefully consider your actions if it’s already controlling your mind.
Once the obsession hits, it’s hard to fight. If you think your ambition is slowly destroying everything in your life, then learn to stop it. Just try to find other things that will lead you to success instead of ruining your life.
This will not be easy at first, but as long as you are being mindful, you can have control over it. With that, we hope this list of Frankenstein quotes was able to open your eyes to the realities of life. Keep this collection in mind whenever you need a guide when facing life’s challenges.