If you think sharing is all about material things, read this list of giving quotes to change your mindset!
We’ve all heard the saying, “It’s better to give than to receive.” This sentence is usually said to remind people that giving is more rewarding than receiving.
Sadly, for some, it’s not the case. The common mindset people have is that when we give, we should also receive something in return. But, giving is never about receiving something back.
If you are giving something to other people, it should come from the heart. It’s not about getting something in return. Instead, it should be because you want to share love and joy with other people.
To experience all the positive emotions that come with this action, read our selection below.
We’re sure you’ll leave with more knowledge on the true essence of giving!
Continue reading below.
And don’t miss out these understanding quotes and listening quotes.
Best Giving Quotes
1. “Only by giving are you able to receive more than you already have.” – Jim Rohn
2. “Giving freely and giving with a good heart will never go unrewarded.” – James Clear
3. “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
4. “It’s not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving.” – Mother Teresa
5. “The most truly generous persons are those who give silently without hope of praise or reward.” – Carol Ryrie Brink
6. “No one has ever become poor from giving.” – Anne Frank
7. “I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver.” – Maya Angelou
8. “I learned to give not because I have much, but because I know exactly how it feels to have nothing.” – Anonymous
9. “Giving to others will not take away from what you have but will, in fact, add to your life.” – Catherine Pulsifer
10. “Give cheerfully and freely. It is the energy behind the giving that matters, so do not give grudgingly. The law of cause and effect guarantees that you shall receive plenty for what you give.” – David Cameron Gikandi
Inspirational Quotes About Giving
11. “Give people the best of what is within you and help others to awaken to their best self so that they too can live a life of abundance.” – Anonymous
12. “We must give more in order to get more. It is the generous giving of ourselves that produces the generous harvest.” – Orison Swett Marden
13. “I don’t think you ever stop giving. I really don’t. I think it’s an ongoing process. And it’s not just about being able to write a check. It’s being able to touch somebody’s life.” – Oprah Winfrey
14. “The process of giving will only serve to open your world in ways you could not even begin to imagine, and you will feel a lot better than before you actually proffered that help in the first place.” – Adam Richards
15. “Giving of ourselves, sharing our gift, is what lifts us. The tricky part is that none of us knows exactly how we will impart the gift we have to give: what kind of word we speak, what song we sing, which hug we give will be the one that touches another soul.” – Laya Saul
Also read: Inspirational Quotes
Giving Quotes for Those Who Expect Nothing in Return
16. “Help others without any reason and give without the expectation of receiving anything in return.” – Roy T. Bennett
17. “You have to start giving first and expect absolutely nothing.” – Dalai Lama XIV
18. “I believe people find it hard to receive; therefore, they are more interested in giving than getting.” – Cathy Grant
Poetic Giving Quotes to Reflect On
19. “Always give without remembering and always receive without forgetting.” – Brian Tracy
20. “Sometimes those who give the most are the ones with the least to spare.” – Mike Mclntyre
21. “Give from the bottom of your heart, not from the top of your purse.” – Anonymous
22. “Giving is not just about making a donation. It is about making a difference.” – Kathy Calvin
Giving Quotes to Help You Find Happiness
23. “Happiness doesn’t result from what we get, but from what we give.” – Ben Carson
24. “Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
25. “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
26. “Happiness can be the result, not of spending more money on oneself, but rather of giving money away to others.” – Christian Smith
Short Giving Quotes That Are Packed With Wisdom
27. “Think of giving not as a duty, but as a privilege.” – John D. Rockefeller Jr.
28. “For it is in giving that we receive.” – St. Francis of Assisi
29. “It is in giving, not in seeking gifts. We find out the quest.” – James Allen
30. “Selfless giving is the art of living.” – Frederick Lenz
31. “Don’t expect to receive if you’re not willing to give.” – Anonymous
32. “Giving is true having.” – Charles Spurgeon
33. “Giving opens the way for receiving.” – Florence Scovel Shinn
34. “Give all you can. Then nothing can be taken from you.” – Brandon Jenner
35. “Life is a boomerang. What you give, you get.” – Anonymous
36. “Giving is always a blessing; generosity is always life-changing.” – Todd Stocker
Giving Quotes That’ll Have Your Mind Reeling
37. “Giving does not only precede receiving; it is the reason for it. It is in giving that we receive.” – Israelmore Ayivor
38. “It’s easier to take than to give. It’s nobler to give than to take. The thrill of taking lasts a day. The thrill of giving lasts a lifetime.” – Joan Marques
39. “The great apparent dichotomy is that the more we give, the more we get.” – Stephen Covey
40. “You cannot receive what you don’t give. Outflow determines inflow.” – Eckhart Tolle
Giving Quotes for Those Who Want to Be Generous
41. “The manner of giving is worth more than the gift.” – Pierre Corneille
42. “The manner of giving shows the character of the giver.” – Johann Kaspar Lavater
43. “Our attitude in giving matters much more to God than the size of our giving.” – Oluwakemi Ola-Ojo
Heartwarming Giving Quotes That’ll Touch Your Soul
44. “True giving from the heart is an expression of love.” – Cara Stein
45. “When you volunteer your time, donate funds, or provide acts of service, always give from your heart and give for the sake of giving.” – Heidi Catherine Culbertson
46. “The act of giving something to others is an art of flowering your heart.” – Vinayak Sasikumar
47. “If you have much, give of your wealth; if you have little, give of your heart.” – Arab Proverb
Giving Quotes That Highlight the Power of Sharing
48. “If you knew what I know about the power of giving, you would not let a single meal pass without sharing it in some way.” – Buddha
49. “Giving is the master key to success in all applications of human life.” – Bryant McGill
50. “In this world, it is not what we take up but what we give up that makes us rich.” – Henry Ward Beecher
Deep Giving Quotes That’ll Provoke Your Thoughts
51. “All you have shall someday be given; therefore, give now, that the season of giving may be yours and not your inheritors.” – Kahlil Gibran
52. “The human contribution is the essential ingredient. It is only in the giving of oneself to others that we truly live.” – Ethel Percy Andrus
53. “Not what we give, but what we share, for the gift without the giver is bare; who gives himself with his alms feeds three, himself, his hungering neighbor, and me.” – James Russell Lowell
54. “You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.” – Kahlil Gibran
Giving Quotes for People Who Are Willing to Do Everything for Love
55. “I must be willing to give whatever it takes to do good to others. This requires that I be willing to give until it hurts. Otherwise, there is no true love in me, and I bring injustice, not peace, to those around me.” – Mother Teresa
56. “You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving.” – Amy Wilson Carmichael
57. “The degree of loving is measured by the degree of giving.” – Edwin Louis Cole
More Giving Quotes to Spread Kindness
58. “Money is not the only commodity that is fun to give. We can give time. We can give you our expertise. We can give our love or simply give a smile. What does that cost? The point is that none of us can ever run out of something worthwhile to give.” – Steve Goodier
59. “Our giving is a reflexive response to the grace of God in our lives. True generosity doesn’t just come out of altruism or philanthropy; it comes out of joy.” – Rene Schlaepfer
60. “The act of giving creates a multiplier effect, adding something to the life of those in need but also intrinsically rewarding the giver too, making him or her happier as well. Altruistic or not, the effect is positive.” – Boris Collardi
Do You Think Being Generous Is an Important Quality to Have?
We usually feel unappreciated when we give someone something, and they don’t give us back something in return. But, we shouldn’t worry about petty things like that. We acted out of love and compassion, and our actions came from the heart—those are the only things that matter.
Our generosity should be because we want others to experience the same happiness we have—not because we want to get something from them, too. Only by understanding this concept can we truly live with kindness and love in our hearts.
If you give with the expectation of receiving something in return, then the essence of giving will be lost. So, live life according to the lessons you’ve learned from the list above, and see just how much your life changes for the better.
Keep this collection in your bookmarks for when you need a reminder of the true essence of giving, generosity, and sharing. Don’t forget that giving is not only about material things but also about sharing time and love with others!