If you need some advice about love, career, and self-expression, these Gossip Girl quotes are perfect for you!
Gossip Girl is an American teen drama series inspired by Cecily von Ziegesar’s novel series of the same title.
The plot revolves around young adults navigating their identities and relationships as they enter adulthood. Just from this, we can see the show’s potential to take over the world.
In fact, since its first release in 2007, the show has received positive reactions from the audience and critics.
Each episode was packed with relatable experiences and wise lines. Unsurprisingly, many people were hooked right from the start!
Gossip Girl is one of the most iconic series ever produced, and we’re sure you’ll take away a couple of wise words to live by from this list.
So, what are you waiting for? Don’t miss out on this gem by reading our collection of the top 80 quotes from Gossip Girl!
Continue reading below.
Best Gossip Girl Quotes
1. “Sometimes, you have to allow yourself to be weak in order to grow stronger.” – Eleanor Waldorf-Rose
2. “We all wear different masks for different reasons.” – Gossip Girl
3. “If you really want something, you don’t stop for anyone or anything until you get it.” – Blair Waldorf
4. “We’re not servants to our emotions. We can control them, suppress them, stomp them out like bugs.” – Blair Waldorf
5. “One thing about being on the top of the world? It gives you a long, long way to fall.” – Gossip Girl
6. “I’m not a stop along the way. I’m a destination.” – Blair Waldorf
7. “You don’t just give up because things are hard.” – Nate Archibald
8. “Don’t let people tell you who you are. You tell them.” – Serena van der Woodsen
9. “You can’t make people love you, but you can make them fear you.” – Blair Waldorf
10. “So, if you want peace, always be prepared for war.” – Gossip Girl
11. “Earn the spotlight on your own merits. You’ll feel better.” – Serena van der Woodsen
12. “They say the universe has a great sense of humor, that sometimes, having your dreams come true can feel like a nightmare. Because getting what you want always comes with strings attached.” – Gossip Girl
13. “I like the way I feel when he looks at me. Like I wanna believe in myself.” – Serena van der Woodsen
14. “You can’t fight against who you are.” – Nate Archibald
15. “They say every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and once something is set in motion, it can’t help to build momentum.” – Gossip Girl
Powerful Gossip Girls Quotes to Live By
16. “You had more fun not being you than you’ve had actually being you. Which means you now know you need to change.” – Chuck Bass
17. “Listen, there’s nothing wrong with keeping your options open. I don’t think your parents are going to be mad at you for choosing your own path.” – Nate Archibald
18. “Sometimes, you need to step outside, clear your head, and remind yourself of who you are and where you wanna be. And sometimes, you have to venture outside your world in order to find yourself.” – Gossip Girl
19. “We make our own fairytales.” – Blair Waldorf
20. “Once again, the world has proven anything you can do, I can do better.” – Blair Waldorf
21. “Fashion is the most powerful art there is. It’s movement, design, and architecture all in one. It shows the world who we are and who we’d like to be.” – Blair Waldorf
22. “A wise woman once said that every morning, when you wake up, you say a little prayer. After all, you never know what your day may hold.” – Gossip Girl
23. “What I want is to become a powerful woman.” – Blair Waldorf
24. “People like me don’t write books. They’re written about.” – Chuck Bass
Romantic Gossip Girls That’ll Sweep You off Your Feet
25. “Three words. Eight letters. Say it, and I’m yours.” – Blair Waldorf
26. “I love you. I’m in love with you. I have tried to kill it to run away from it, but I can’t, and I don’t want to anymore.” – Blair Waldorf
27. “Of course, I love you. I’ve always loved you. I love you more and more every day if it’s even possible to love someone that much.” – Blair Waldorf
28. “I know we’re too young to talk about forever, but that’s what it feels like.” – Serena van der Woodsen
29. “You’re completely unaware of your effect on me. You’ve also completely unaware that you laugh like a four-year-old. And I love you because you can be with someone like me and still be best friends with someone like Blair.” – Dan Humphrey
30. “I am so sorry for the pain I’ve caused you, and I know I can’t take it back, but I wanna try and make it up to you. Even if it takes me the rest of my life.” – Chuck Bass
31. “In Poland, we have a saying, ‘Love is like a head wound.’ It makes you dizzy, you think you die, but you recover. Usually.” – Dorota Kishlovsky
32. “If two people are meant to be together, eventually, they’ll find their way back.” – Chuck Bass
33. “I know this may sound crazy or selfish or like I’m living in the past or something, but you were the love of my life, Dan. And, I don’t know, I guess I just thought I was yours too.” – Serena van der Woodsen
34. “I love you because you make no apologies about being exactly who you are.” – Dan Humphrey
35. “I wish you to be like me one day, to find right love, good love.” – Dorota Kishlovsky
36. Nate Archibald: “You still love her, huh?”
Chuck Bass: “I can’t imagine the day I won’t.”
37. “The next time you forget you’re Blair Waldorf, remember, I’m Chuck Bass, and I love you.” – Chuck Bass
Also read: Romantic Quotes
Cute Gossip Girl Quotes
38. “As long as we have each other, we’re both gonna be okay.” – Serena van der Woodsen
39. “All of the boyfriends and mean girls and teachers and our crazy mothers, we went through it together. We raised each other.” – Blair Waldorf
40. “We’re sisters. You’re my family. What is you is me. There’s nothing you could ever say that would make me let go.” – Blair Waldorf
41. “Just because we can’t be friends doesn’t mean we aren’t.” – Blair Waldorf
42. “Look, Blair’s my best friend, and you’re her boyfriend, and she loves you. That’s the way things are supposed to be.” – Serena van der Woodsen
Gossip Girl Quotes From Blair Waldorf
43. “Feelings never do make sense. They get you all confused. Then they drive you around for hours before they drop you right back where you started.” – Blair Waldorf
44. “As you can see, I survived without you.” – Blair Waldorf
45. “Haven’t you heard? I’m the crazy bitch around here.” – Blair Waldorf
46. “I don’t love you anymore, but it takes more than even you to destroy a Blair Waldorf.” – Blair Waldorf
47. “He ended up treating me like something he owned instead of something he earned.” – Blair Waldorf
48. “You need to be cold to be a queen.” – Blair Waldorf
49. “Only a masochist could ever love such a narcissist.” – Blair Waldorf
50. “Tell me what you feel for me is real or if it’s just a game? If it’s real, we’ll figure it out, but if it’s not, then just let me go.” – Blair Waldorf
51. “Nothing hurts more than sleeping with a best friend.” – Blair Waldorf
Gossip Girl Quotes From Chuck Bass
52. “Life with you could never be boring.” – Chuck Bass
53. “I’ll find another way to save my family legacy. One that doesn’t involve you.” – Chuck Bass
54. “There’s a difference between a great love and the right love.” – Chuck Bass
Gossip Girl Quotes From Serena van der Woodsen
55. “If I cut everyone in my life who made a mistake, I wouldn’t have anyone left.” – Serena van der Woodsen
56. “I remember everything you’ve read to me. In case you haven’t noticed, I don’t really let go of things so easily.” – Serena van der Woodsen
57. “I don’t wait around to be disappointed again. So, excuse me if I don’t fall for that or you ever again.” – Serena van der Woodsen
58. “The hardest thing is watching someone you love, love someone else.” – Serena van der Woodsen
Gossip Girl Quotes From Dan Humphrey
59. “Even if it’s the biggest kamikaze disaster of my life, it’s my disaster.” – Dan Humphrey
60. “But the feeling I got when she said it back to me was probably the single greatest moment of my life.” – Dan Humphrey
61. “She doesn’t know me. Nobody knows me. It’s cool. It’s fine.” – Dan Humphrey
62. “You are no one until you’re talked about.” – Dan Humphrey
Gossip Girl Quotes From Nate Archibald
63. “I just want to be the person you can bring anything to.” – Nate Archibald
64. “You know it’s love when you start talking like an assassin.” – Nate Archibald
65. “The money, the drugs, the privileges. They keep us numb, so we don’t notice it’s better in the real world.” – Nate Archibald
Funny Gossip Girl Quotes
66. “Here’s my advice, have a little faith, and if that doesn’t work, have a lot of mimosas.” – Blair Waldorf
67. “The only thing lamer than dating Dan Humphrey is mourning Dan Humphrey.” – Blair Waldorf
68. “Let’s catch up. Take our clothes off. Stare at each other.” – Chuck Bass
69. “If you’re going to be sad, you might as well be sad in Paris.” – Blair Waldorf
70. “I’d ask you how you are, but I don’t really care.” – Serena van der Woodsen
71. “A hot lifeguard is like Kleenex, use once and throw away. You could ask for a better rebound!” – Blair Waldorf
72. “Serena’s been in jail for four hours, she’s already served more time than Lindsay Lohan and Nicole Richie combined!” – Blair Waldorf
More Gossip Girl Quotes to Keep In Our Hearts
73. “There’s a weak link in every chain, and it’s just a matter of time before this one snaps.” – Gossip Girl
74. “Every happy ending is just a new beginning. Because on the Upper East Side, the good times never last forever.” – Gossip Girl
75. “Well, an artist never feels his work is perfect. It’s good to always strive for more.” – Rufus Humphrey
76. “Once men have tasted caviar, it baffles me how they settle for catfish.” – Blair Waldorf
77. “Teenage girls are nightmares. As soon as they realize that you’ll love them no matter what they do, you lose all your power. You just have to wait until they finish college.” – Lily van der Woodsen
78. “Whoever said money doesn’t buy happiness didn’t know where to shop.” – Blair Waldorf
79. “Spotted: Chuck Bass losing something nobody even knew he had—his heart.” – Gossip Girl
80. “As my mother always says, ‘Fashion knows not of comfort. All that matters is the face you show the world.'” – Blair Waldorf
Did These Gossip Girl Quotes Help You Figure Out Who You Want to Be?
Everyone understands the struggles people have in figuring out who they want to be as they enter adulthood. After all, it is a stage where reality slowly enters our innocent and naive lives.
Thankfully, there are shows like Gossip Girl to guide us. No matter how fictional, they’re packed with wise pieces of advice on how to navigate through life.
One of the lessons we will never forget from Gossip Girl is staying true to yourself and doing what you want. With all the drugs, alcohol, and wealth that distract teenagers, we sometimes forget our identity and goals in life. But, by reading the characters’ lines, we are reminded to be strong, believe in ourselves, and never change who we are.
With that, we hope these quotes were able to give you some valuable lessons that’ll help you face the realities of being a grown-up. Life has many ups and downs, but you’ll find your way toward triumph and success if you stick to your principles. Remember these wise words from your favorite characters and apply them as you venture out into the world!
Which Gossip Girl quote is your favorite? Do you have more to add to the collection? Comment below!