If you’re a fan of Dr. Seuss and his works, you’ll undoubtedly love these Horton Hears a Who! quotes we’ve gathered.
In this heartwarming tale from Dr. Seuss, we meet an elephant called Horton, who has sensitive hearing. Because of this trait of his, he can hear the pleas of the Whos, tiny creatures floating around on a speck of dust. He tried to get help from the other animals in the jungle, but unfortunately, they criticized and ridiculed him, thinking he was crazy.
This, however, did not stop Horton from doing what he could to help out. He believed that someone as big as him was responsible for assisting tiny creatures who could not help themselves.
Through Horton, we are reminded that every voice matters—no matter how small. So, if you want to be more like Horton in Horton Hears a Who!, read on. We’ve gathered the best quotes from the movie adaptation of Dr. Seuss’s masterpiece!
Best Horton Hears a Who! Quotes
1. “I meant what I said, and I said what I meant. An elephant’s faithful, 100%. That’s my code, my motto.” – Horton the Elephant
2. “A person’s a person, no matter how small.” – Horton the Elephant
3. “There’s a tiny person on that speck that needs my help!” – Horton the Elephant
4. “Just this once, be faithful 99% of the time! I mean, I’ve never gone 99%t on anything, and I think I’m awesome.” – Morton
5. “We’re a club. We’re a group. We can take a vote on the issues. We can be a secret society, and no one else can join unless they wear a funny hat!” – Horton the Elephant
6. “Of course, of course, I will stick. I will stick by you small folks through thin and through thick!” – Horton the Elephant
7. “My friends! Tell me! Do tell! Are you safe? Are you sound? Are you whole? Are you well?” – Horton the Elephant
8. “What terrible splashing! I can’t let my very small persons get drowned! I’ve got to protect them. I’m bigger than they.” – Horton the Elephant
9. “From sun in the summer, from rain when it’s fall-ish, I’m going to protect them. No matter how small-ish!” – Horton the Elephant
Horton Hears a Who! Quotes to Blow Your Mind
10. “I will make monkeys of these monkeys, for it is their destiny!” – Horton the Elephant
11. “Alright, I gotta get this speck up to the top of Mount Nool ASAP—whatever that must mean. Probably, ‘Act swiftly, awesome pachyderm!’ I mean, how hard can that be?” – Horton the Elephant
12. Mayor Ned McDodd: “I have 96 daughters and 1 son.”
Horton the Elephant: “Whoa! Busy guy.”
13. “We must become invisible, travel silently, for there are forces that would seek to destroy us.” – Horton the Elephant
14. Horton the Elephant: “And Morton, for being the only one who stood by me. Well, not right by me; he hid in the bushes sending me good thoughts. He’s small.”
Morton: “Dude, you are a warrior poet!”
15. “In my world, everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies.” – Katie
16. “What rot! These elephants talking to Whos who are not! There aren’t any Whos! And they don’t have a Mayor! And we’re going to stop all this nonsense! So there!” – The Wickersham Brothers
17. “Wow, I feel really good right now. It must be my new sense of purpose in life.” – Horton the Elephant
More Horton Hears a Who! Quotes for Those Who Adore Dr. Seuss
18. “We’ve got to make noises in greater amounts! So open your mouth, lad! For every voice counts!” – Dr. Seuss, Author
19. “And you very small persons will not have to die if you make yourselves heard! So come one, now, and try!” – Dr. Seuss, Author
20. “They’ve proved they are persons, no matter how small. And their whole world was saved by the smallest of all!” – Dr. Seuss, Author
Have Horton’s Kindness and Empathy Inspired You?
Today, it’s easy to feel like you don’t matter and that your voice can’t be heard. However, through Horton Hears a Who!, we realize that even a speck of dust deserves to be listened to and heard!
This lesson goes both ways. On the one hand, if you’re feeling small and unimportant, you should remember that you have a right to speak and let your opinions and beliefs be heard. Don’t be afraid to share your thoughts with the world, even if you think no one would listen to you.
On the flip side, if you’re in a position to make a difference and hear people out, then do precisely that. You’re lucky enough to have an influence, so do your part and listen to those that need help.
Life will always be a give and take, and we are each responsible for making this world a better place. The only way to do that is to remain respectful, kind, and compassionate toward others.
With that, we hope we were able to leave you with meaningful lessons through this list of Horton Hears a Who! quotes. There are many more amazing masterpieces from Dr. Seuss, so be sure you check out the rest!