Get ready to live out your favorite stunts from the movie through this list of the best Hot Rod quotes!
Akiva Schaffer worked on Hot Rod for his directorial debut. It’s an American comedy movie released in 2007, and it stars Andy Samberg as Rod Kimble—an aspiring stuntman.
Ever since he was young, Rod Kimble believed that his father, who passed away, was also a world-renowned stuntman who worked for Evel Knievel. However, he was at constant odds with his stepfather, as he didn’t believe Rod could be successful.
One day, Rod learns that his stepfather is in dire need of a heart transplant. To gain his respect, Rod desperately tried to pool funds through his stunts to prove himself.
Of course, being a comedy, Rod Kimble was not immediately successful. Contrary to being a hit, he’s had many failed attempts, which will undoubtedly make you laugh out loud!
If you want something to brighten your day, this collection will be right up your alley. Read on, and check the complete collection of Hot Rod quotes below!
Best Hot Rod Quotes
1. “But life is pain, and we’ve got to scrape the joy out of it every chance we get.” – Rod Kimble
2. “You have only to believe if you wish to achieve. That rhymed. Unintentional.” – Rod Kimble
3. “You don’t get it, do you, Denise? I used to be legit. In fact, I was too legit. I was too legit to quit. But now I’m not legit. I’m un-legit. And for that reason, I must quit.” – Rod Kimble
4. Rod Kimble: “Hey, everybody! I got some awesome news. We have a new crew member today: Denise. So I thought it would be fun if we all went around and said our name and a little something about ourselves. I’ll start. My name is Rod, and I like to party. Alright, Dave, you’re up.”
Dave McLean: “Uh, hi. Uh, my name is Dave, and uh—I like to party.”
Rod Kimble: “Uh, no, Dave. I just said that I party, so maybe you could do something different from me.”
Dave McLean: “My name is Dave, and I am the stuntman.”
Rod Kimble: “You know what? Let’s move on. Rico, you’re up.”
Rico Brown: “Uh, hello! I’m Rico, and I like to party.”
Rod Kimble: “Yeah, uh, Rico, what did I just say to Dave?”
Rico Brown: “Who?”
Rod Kimble: “Dave!”
Kevin Powell: “I like to party. I’m Rod.”
Rod Kimble: “No! You’re Kevin!”
Kevin Powell: “Right, Kevin. I party.”
Rod Kimble: “No, no, you don’t. Okay, nobody parties but me.”
Dave McLean: “Yes, and we party.”
Rod Kimble: “No!”
Rico Brown: “Yeah, just Rod.”
Rod Kimble: “Yes!”
Rico Brown: “And me!”
Rod Kimble: “No! I’m the only one who parties!”
Kevin Powell: “I’m pretty sure I’ve partied before.”
Rod Kimble: “No, Kevin, I know for a fact you don’t party. Okay? You do not party!”
Kevin Powell: “You’re right. Dave’s the party guy.”
Dave McLean: “Haha, sweet!”
Rod Kimble: “Oh, my God, shut up! Okay? I’m just gonna do it for you. Denise, this is the crew. Dave’s the mechanic. Rico makes the ramps. Kevin is team manager slash videographer. None of them party! Right? Got it? Let’s party!”
5. “You guys are gonna hold me underwater for 40 seconds. That’s 20 less than a minute.” – Rod Kimble
6. Dave McLean: “Pools are perfect for holding water, man.”
Rico Brown: “Man, I don’t really know about having a girl on the team, man.”
Dave McLean: “Alright, Rico, listen. Um, there’s an ancient Italian maxim uh—that roughly translates to, uh—‘He who is resistant to change is destined to perish.’ So, why don’t you try to open up that mind of yours? You know? It’s like, look at Kevin, I mean, he—real mature, man.”
Rico Brown: “Yeah, don’t you ever tell me how to live my life again.”
7. Rod Kimble: “All great men have mustaches!”
Frank Powell: “Yeah, but real men actually grow them!”
Rod Kimble: “You know I have a hormone disorder!”
Frank Powell: “Ooh!”
8. Denise Harris: “I’m sorry, Rod. What were you going to ask me?”
Rod Kimble: “Um, I was gonna ask you who you think would win in a fight between—a grilled cheese sandwich and a taco.”
Denise Harris: “Is that what you were really going to ask me?”
Rod Kimble: “Of course.”
Denise Harris: “Well, I think the grilled cheese sandwich—in a fair fight. But if it was prison rules, I’d put my money on the taco.”
Rod Kimble: “Wow, that’s pretty racist but correct. I’ll see you later.”
9. Rod Kimble: “Hey, Denise, have I ever shown you a picture of my dead dad?”
Denise Harris: “No.”
Rod Kimble: “Oh, you’ve gotta see it. He’s super dead.”
Denise Harris: “That’s him? He looks so nice. He was a stuntman?”
Rod Kimble: “Oh, yeah. He used to work for Evel Knievel, testing his bikes before big jumps. He would do the jumps first to make sure they were safe and let Evel come in and get all the glory. After a while, the old man said, ‘To hell with that. I want the credit I deserve.’ So one afternoon, he set out to jump 10 milk trucks. He nailed the take-off, but when he landed, something terrible happened. His front tire exploded like a cannonball, and his handlebars went straight through his head. Blood was everywhere. His teeth were ground down to a powder, and the front of his face exploded out the back of his skull. He died instantly—the next day.”
Hot Rod Quotes From This Awesome Comedy Movie
10. Rod Kimble: “Cool beans?”
Kevin Powell: “Cool beans.”
11. Rod Kimble: “The safe word is ‘hhhwhiskey.’”
Kevin Powell: “Sorry, Rod, what was that?”
Rod Kimble: “W-h-iskey.”
Kevin Powell: “Don’t you mean, ‘Whiskey?’”
Rod Kimble: “W-h-at?”
Kevin Powell: “You’re saying it weird.”
Rod Kimble: “Saying W-h-at w-h-eird?”
Kevin Powell: “All of it.”
Rod Kimble: “W-h-ere do you get off?”
Kevin Powell: “I just don’t get why you’re saying it that way.”
Rod Kimble: “W-h-y? I’m saying w-h-at what w-h-ay?”
Kevin Powell: “Forget it.”
Rod Kimble: “I w-h-ill! I w-h-ill forget it!”
12. “I’d rather die than live in a world where I can’t kick your ass.” – Rod Kimble
13. Dave McLean: “Whatever happened to, ‘Live as a team, die as a team?’”
Rod Kimble: “It’s a sham, okay? There’s no such thing as a team. You live and die alone.”
Rico Brown: “Do you see what you’re doing to him? You’re making him upset. How important is this to you, huh? I don’t even cry, and look at me. You’re about to make tears come out of my face. Who am I supposed to build ramps for? Who am I supposed to build ramps for now?”
14. Furious Boss: “You’re a terrible stuntman.”
Rod Kimble: “What?”
Furious Boss: “You’re a terrible stuntman.”
Rod Kimble: “What?”
Furious Boss: “You’re a terrible stuntman!”
Rod Kimble: “Haha, I’m just kidding. I could hear you. It was just really mean.”
Funny Hot Rod Quotes for a Day Full of Laughter
15. Rod Kimble: “You look pretty.”
Denise Harris: “What?”
Rod Kimble: “I said you look shitty.”
16. Dave McLean: “Balls, man! We just ran over a small bus. This really small bus, we just ran over it.”
Rod Kimble: “I didn’t see anything.”
Dave McLean: “Hey, we’re here. Seriously, man, this is one of the top 10 nicest things anybody has ever done for me.”
17. “Now, I don’t want to say that kiss was hot, but if the boner police are here, I want a lawyer!” – Barry Pasternak
18. “They’ve raised $50,000 for Frank’s conveniently priced surgery!” – Barry Pasternak
19. “God! I go to church every goddamn Sunday! You gonna bring the demons outta me? I’m freakin’ pumped! I been drinkin’ green tea all goddamn day!” – Rico Brown
Hot Rod Sayings and Lines to Keep In Your Heart
20. Rod Kimble: “Gods of War.”
Kevin Powell: “May your hammer be mighty.”
21. “You’re wrong, Frank. I’m not a kid, I’m a man. I am gonna get you better, and then I’m gonna beat you to death!” – Rod Kimble
22. “Play the victim, and you will be the victim.” – Frank Powell
23. “Life’s Short; stunt it!” – Rod Kimble
24. “What’s going on? Is this some interactive theater art piece?” – Rod Kimble
25. “I’m kinda grumpy today, dude. I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night. Having those dreams again. You know it’s just me in a castle. I gotta fight like a thousand wizards. And the only way to beat them is to punch them as hard as I can in their faces. And then, when I’m done, all their little wizard wives came out and wanted me to just have sex with them. Which is kinda weird.” – Rico Brown
What Did You Learn From Rod Kimble?
Hot Rod just screams comedy! It doesn’t matter what scene you watch, which line you read, or who among the characters you love the most—you’ll just end up laughing all day.
Rod Kimble, the movie’s main protagonist, is responsible for all the laughs we get to have. As an aspiring stuntman, he’s never not trying out new stunts.
Unfortunately, instead of landing a success, he’s almost always failing. The outrageousness of his stunts and the results of his attempts, no doubt, are our sources of energy for the day.
However, digging deeper, through Rod Kimble, we learn that we will not succeed after just one try. We’ll encounter several more failures before we can say we’ve reached the top!
He set it in his heart that he would become world-famous. This determination of his helps him never be discouraged by his failed attempts; it all pays off as he is able to earn his stepfather’s respect at the end of the movie.
With that, we hope this collection of Hot Rod quotes was able to make you smile and also teach you a thing or two about perseverance. Read this collection again whenever you’re in dire need of a good laugh!