If you’re looking for something that’ll give you the determination to succeed and power through, then this list of the best Inky Johnson quotes will definitely fit the bill!
People who play sports can easily relate to Inky Johnson’s hardships. Though he is now a successful motivational speaker, he was first a former football player. However, no matter how he wanted to pursue that career after college, he injured his arm, which caused permanent paralysis.
Many people would be devastated and unmotivated to continue living life. However, Inky Johnson did not let this incident stop him from making his own mark in the world. He used his experiences and learnings from his defeat to inspire millions worldwide.
You will never be sure of what life’s going to throw you next, so learn from Inky Johnson and rediscover your purpose. Live your life embracing your quirks and challenges, and soon, you’ll find what you’re meant to live for.
Learn more about him through the list below!
Best Inky Johnson Quotes
1. “Impose your will on life and life will have no choice but to give you what you want.”
2. “Don’t be upset by the results you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do.”
3. “Commitment is staying true to what you said you would do long after the mood that you said it in has left.”
4. “Play the hand you’re dealt like it’s the one you’ve always wanted.”
5. “Never complain about something you’re not willing to change!”
6. “Your expectations should never be higher than your work ethic.”
7. “Courage is the commitment to being without any guarantee of success.”
8. “The most important project you can work on is molding yourself into the person you want to become.”
9. “See something, believe in it, and go get it.”
10. “Be stronger than your strongest excuse!”
Famous Inky Johnson Quotes
11. “People get upset not because of the adversity they face, but because their adversity reveals who they really are.”
12. “If you can’t handle someone at their worst then you don’t deserve them when they are at their best.”
13. “The process is more important than the product.”
14. “Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.”
15. “How you view what you do will always affect how you do what you do.”
16. “Different experiences—they shape and form our perspective.”
17. “Character supersedes talent. Don’t allow your talent to take you where your character can’t sustain you.”
18. “Character is not something we inherit. Character is something we have to wake up and build.”
19. “Be careful not to try and fast forward yourself into a future you haven’t earned.”
20. “Ease is a greater threat to progress than hardship.”
Inky Johnson Quotes to Inspire You
21. “Never let a situation or circumstance define your life—no matter what it may be.”
22. “What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.”
23. “Eventually, you’ll end up where you need to be, surrounded with who you’re meant to be with and impact who you’re meant to inspire.”
24. “At a certain point, the old you has to die off for the new you to become.”
25. “Never forget: every storm has an expiration date!”
26. “In life, we realize that there is a purpose for everyone we meet. Some will test you, some will use you, and some will teach you. But most important are the ones that bring out the best in you.”
27. “Sometimes, we’re tested not to show our weaknesses but to discover our strengths!”
28. “Everything we do serves as an extension of who we are.”
29. “Someday, you will look back and understand why it all happened the way it did.”
Motivational Inky Johnson Quotes
30. “Show up. Don’t quit. Live it. Don’t quit. Appreciate it. Don’t quit.”
31. “We have to learn to be comfortable being uncomfortable. Pull the strip off and activate your greatness!”
32. “I firmly believe you’re never supposed to wish for more than you’re willing to work for. Expectations should never exceed your effort.”
33. “Just work! Don’t be driven by the outcome, embrace the process!”
34. “Every positive change—every jump to a higher level—involves a rite of passage. Each time, to ascend to a higher rung on the ladder of growth, we must go through a period of discomfort or adversity.”
35. “More of us would learn from our mistakes if we weren’t so busy denying them.”
36. “After we come out of the storm, we shouldn’t be the same individual that walked into it. That’s what the storms—opposition, adversity—is about.”
37. “It’s not where you’re trying to go in life that is the problem, it’s what you are willing to leave behind in order to get there.”
38. “The ability to learn is a gift, even when pain is our teacher.”
39. “The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.”
40. “Redirection, pain, setbacks, shortcoming, highs, lows—they are all part of the process of success. Embrace it, respect it, and trust it.”
Short Inky Johnson Quotes for Those Who Need Support
41. “Allow the opposition to make you better.”
42. “Most have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.”
43. “Control what you can control today!”
44. “Stop worrying how it’s going to happen and start trusting that it will.”
45. “The longer it takes to happen, the more you’ll appreciate it when it finally does.”
46. “Perspective drives performance.”
47. “Get your ego out of the way. It’s bigger than you!”
48. “Try to be better than the person you were yesterday.”
Inky Johnson Quotes That Will Teach You About Life
49. “Never allow life to make you forget why you started!”
50. “There was a better life out there if I made the right decisions and right choices.”
51. “We don’t burn out because of what we do, we burn out because life makes us forget why we do it.”
52. “No amount of money ever bought a second of time. Don’t get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!”
53. “When we hold onto our history, we do it at the expense of our destiny. At some point, you just have to let go of what you thought should have happened and live in what’s happening.”
54. “It is life compressed, and it can teach players, coaches, and even fans many of the same life lessons on an accelerated schedule.”
More Inky Johnson Quotes That You’ll Learn From
55. “The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It’s about what you’re made of, not the circumstance.”
56. “Pride is concerned with who is right. Humility is concerned with what is right.”
57. “Will you stay true to what you said you were going to do?”
58. “Can we be committed to the process of what we’re doing without being emotionally attached to the results of what we’re doing?”
59. “Why come into an environment and complain about being in the environment and still do the work!”
60. “Every next level of your life will demand a different version of you.”
Did These Quotes Inspire You to Live Life With a Greater Purpose?
Nothing is permanent in life. You can wake up one morning, and everything you’ve worked hard for can crumble down in a mess. In the same way, the next time you wake up, you can be a millionaire.
With that in mind, it’s clear why many people tell us that change is the only thing permanent in life. Inky Johnson’s life is a reminder of that fact. Even though his life was previously geared toward a sports-centered career, everything changed with just one wrong move.
But, even though it seemed like an all-ending thing, Inky Johnson did not let his life go wayward without a determined purpose. Instead, he dedicated his life to inspiring others and sharing the message that adversity isn’t something that dictates who you are as a person. He also focused his message on commitment—how nothing will go well for you if you don’t commit to your work and aren’t committed to succeeding.
We hope this list of Inky Johnson quotes was able to shed light on your purpose in life. Remember, you control your destiny!
What did you learn from today’s collection? Which of Inky Johnson’s quotes had the most impact on you? Join the discussion below!