Journey through the galaxy and learn more about one of the most memorable antagonists of the Star Wars franchise through this list of Jabba the Hutt quotes!
If you’re a Star Wars fan, you undoubtedly know who Jabba the Hutt is and how menacing and evil he is. Jabba is one of the most powerful and influential crime lords in the galaxy, and he’s known to be sadistic and unforgiving.
Jabba the Hutt’s relationship with Han Solo started well, as they worked together in business. But, because of an unsuccessful smuggling mission, Solo lost Jabba’s favor and later became his archenemy.
His slug-like figure and inability to speak any other language apart from Huttese didn’t hinder his power and influence. In fact, he’s largely considered to be one of the main antagonists of the Star Wars trilogy.
Learn more about this Star Wars villain through the Jabba the Hutt quotes below. We’ve got his most iconic lines about Han Solo and some untranslated Huttese sayings, too!
And don’t forget to check out these Star Wars quotes and Kylo Ren quotes.
Best Jabba the Hutt Quotes
1. “You have stolen something very valuable from me, so I, in turn, have taken everything from you.”
2. “Bring me Solo and the Wookiee. They will all suffer for this outrage!”
3. “There will be no bargain, my young Jedi. I shall enjoy watching you die.”
4. “I will not give up my favorite decoration. I like Captain Solo where he is.”
5. “If you fail me again, I’ll put a price on your head so big, you won’t be able to go near a civilized system.”
6. “Han, I can’t make exceptions. What if everyone who smuggled for me dropped their cargo at the first sign of an Imperial starship? It’s not good for business.”
7. “Han, my boy, you disappoint me. Why haven’t you paid me? And why did you fry poor Greedo?”
Untranslated Jabba the Hutt Quotes in the Huttese Language
8. “Jee no waba mu ba outmian nudcha Jedi.” (I have no wish to get mixed up in this outlander war, Jedi.)
9. “Spasteelya du oonta Boonta. Ya kun boska bolia!” (Welcome. Let the race begin!)
10. “Coos ka murishani. Jee mo da. May nopa nata cheen.” (You’ve got guts, Bounty Hunter. I like that. But I’m not in the information business.)
11. “Kaa bazza kundee hodrudda!” (Let the challenge begin!)
12. “Mel wantee wu inkabunga pace.” (I want an incredible contest!)
13. “Sa jah wah nopa na foonta? Ba? Haku lob murishani a’chu? Chuba na non teen.” (Is the reward not satisfactory? No? What kind of bounty hunter are you? You must want something else.)
14. “Ya sa un coobas tah jah backa tun bunko. La sa consky nolya, may chuba cona chee.” (There is an entrance to the back of her palace. It’s crawling with sand people, but I’m sure you can handle them.)
Jabba the Hutt Quotes on Han Solo
15. “This bounty hunter is my kind of scum—fearless and inventive.”
16. “Han, my boy, you’re the best smuggler I ever hired.”
17. “Solo was the best. I even find myself missing the fellow.”
18. “Solo, come out of there, Solo!”
Jabba the Hutt Lines and Sayings That Are Unique to Him
19. “Your mind powers will not work on me, boy.”
20. “You will soon learn to appreciate me.”
21. “You weak-minded fool! He’s using an old Jedi mind trick.”
22. “I shall reward each of you greatly. One of you shall become my new majordomo, my right-hand man to assist me and to run the palace while I’m away. The other shall have an even greater reward—one that history will remember.”
23. “But, in the meantime, I shall thoroughly enjoy the pleasure of your company, Leia.”
24. “I am surprised. Usually, academics are too dry to be funny, or even digestible. I know, I’ll never forget a taste.”
25. “Ah, this one smells familiar! The scent reminds me of a beautiful Cerean slave—and the thief who stole her from me! Usually, I would avenge such transgressions. However, since I did not actually observe this thief, I cannot be certain of his true identity! Do you see my meaning, Jedi?”
What Do You Think Jabba the Hutt Symbolizes in the Star Wars Franchise?
At first glance, people usually only see Jabba the Hutt’s disgusting physical appearance. But, have you thought about why the franchise’s creators made him that way?
For many, Jabba the Hatt symbolizes corruption, avarice, and gluttony. His slug-like appearance, eating habits, and personality reflect these negative concepts we associate him with.
For example, Jabba the Hutt is good at business, but beneath everything lies evil schemes that ultimately don’t benefit anyone apart from him. He is selfish and only thinks of his own success and power.
Jabba the Hutt is also very greedy and unforgiving. He takes and takes from others, and once they finish serving their purpose, he discards them and never looks back; it’s even worse if others commit a mistake!
Aside from being a glutton for his favorite snacks, Jabba also craves power and influence. With his position in the crime world, Jabba the Hutt would be nothing without these things, so he always made sure his subjects feared him.
Cruelty, vengeance, and greed are all things that kept Jabba the Hutt at the top, but they are also the very things that would lead to his downfall in the end. We hope we were able to teach you something about Jabba and his personality through this collection of quotes!