Here are some iconic King of the Hill quotes that’ll have you clutching your belly with all the laughter.
King of the Hill is a sitcom that premiered in 1997. It aired until 2010 and zoomed in on the Hill family and their lives in the fictional town of Arlen, Texas.
Aside from the Hill family, the show also zoomed in on their friends, acquaintances, co-workers, and other people they interacted with. Through them, King of the Hill tries to showcase the typical experiences the family members go through.
By doing so, it dives into the conventional aspects of our everyday lives, too, making it so relevant as an animated piece. Hank Hill, Bobby Hill, and Dale Gribble are some of the sitcom’s main characters.
If you’re a fan of theirs, then you’ll love this collection of quotes. We’ve got the best King of the Hill quotes below, so don’t miss out!
Best King of the Hill Quotes
1. “Why would anyone smoke weed when they could just mow a lawn?” – Hank Rutherford Hill
2. “I don’t have an anger problem; I have an idiot problem!” – Hank Rutherford Hill
3. “Why do you hate what you don’t understand?” – Bobby Hill
4. “Bobby, some things are like a tire fire: trying to put it out only makes it worse. You just gotta grab a beer and let it burn.” – Hank Rutherford Hill
5. “There better be a naked cheerleader under your bed.” – Hank Rutherford Hill
6. “Can’t you see you’re not making Christianity any better? You’re just making rock and roll worse!” – Hank Rutherford Hill
7. “I’m all jacked up on America right now! Anyone want to hear me recite the Constitution?” – Dale Alvin Gribble
8. “I’m gonna sell propane and propane accessories if my grades are good enough.” – Hank Rutherford Hill
9. “What the hell kind of country is this where I can only hate a man if he’s White?” – Hank Rutherford Hill
Inspirational Quotes From King of the Hill to Make You Think
10. “Your heart is telling you?! Who’s the boss, you or your heart? You are! Your heart is your employee! So get your heart off its butt and back to work!” – Hank Rutherford Hill
11. Peggy Hill: “Don’t be a hero, Hank.”
Hank Rutherford Hill: “It’s too late.”
12. “Bobby, Al Yankovic blew his brains out in the late 80s after people stopped buying his records. He’s not worth getting in trouble over.” – Hank Rutherford Hill
13. “Whatever you do, you should do right, even if it’s something wrong.” – Hank Rutherford Hill
King of the Hill Quotes That Are Simply Unforgettable
14. “That boy ain’t right.” – Hank Rutherford Hill
15. “That makes a whole lot of sense—a whole lot of nonsense!” – Dale Alvin Gribble
16. “I sell popcorn and popcorn accessories.” – Hank Rutherford Hill
17. “Guns don’t kill people; the government does.” – Dale Alvin Gribble
Funny King of the Hill Quotes
18. “An ‘F’ in English? Bobby, you speak English!” – Hank Rutherford Hill
19. “So, are you Chinese or Japanese?” – Hank Rutherford Hill
20. “Dang it, I am sick and tired of everyone’s asinine ideas about me. I’m not a redneck, and I’m not some Hollywood jerk. I’m something else entirely. I’m—I’m complicated!” – Hank Rutherford Hill
21. “Donuts were one of life’s little joys. If the government bans puppy breath and good yawns, I’ll have nothing left to live for.” – Bobby Hill
22. “I was getting ready, but I worked up an appetite looking for dress pants, so I ordered a pizza, and that ate up a chunk of time.” – Bobby Hill
23. “Think about it, Luanne. Why would you bring a child to a department store to buy a dryer when his birthday is three-and-a-half weeks away? It just doesn’t make sense!” – Bobby Hill
24. Hank Rutherford Hill: “I’m gonna kick your asses!”
Dale Alvin Gribble: “Why is it always about asses with you, Hank?”
King of the Hill Quotes for Those Who Enjoyed the Sitcom
25. “There’s something missing, something wrong. It’s like a pretty girl with short hair.” – Hank Rutherford Hill
26. “Honey, marriage is about trust, and she—well, she betrayed him. It was like a knife in his heart when she stuck that fork in his back.” – Peggy Hill
27. “Bobby, I never thought I’d need to tell you this, but I would be a bad parent if I didn’t. Soccer was invented by European ladies to keep them busy while their husbands did the cooking.” – Hank Rutherford Hill
28. “And White people always be walking around like this—like they be crushing diamonds in there or something! Look at me! I’m White!” – Bobby Hill
29. “Goodbye, Luanne. I just wanted you to know that I never read your diary, even though you suspected I did on June 18th, 1985.” – Bobby Hill
30. “My dad sure wants me to be at that haunted house. Last time he wanted me to be somewhere so bad, I woke up without tonsils!” – Bobby Hill
What’s the Most Iconic Line From King of the Hill That You Remember Until Now?
It’s so interesting to see an animated piece accurately discussing our daily lives. This is what makes King of the Hill such a fantastic sitcom that captured the hearts of many.
For example, in King of the Hill, we sometimes see Hank Hill and his friends with a beer can in hand, catching up and trying to make light of their adult problems. Let’s be honest; we do this in real life, too.
At the end of every stressful week, sometimes, we need to catch up with our friends and eat, drink, and talk all our problems away! We consider them our escape from our troubles.
Moreover, Hank Hill tells his son, Bobby, “Some things are like a tire fire: trying to put it out only makes it worse. You just gotta grab a beer and let it burn.”
This is such a great nugget of wisdom embedded beneath some funny lines. The lesson itself is not as apparent at first glance, but Hank Hill tries to teach us that sometimes, it’s better to accept things as they are; after all, we can’t control everything in life.
King of the Hill has other lessons hidden under all the jokes and witty remarks. So, keep an open mind and try to find them the next time you watch the sitcom!