Let these knowledge quotes take you on a journey that’ll open your eyes to the wonders of learning and education!
We’ve started learning since we were born. This began with simple things like learning to walk and eat independently. But, as we grow older, the knowledge being imparted to us becomes more complex and all-encompassing.
However, it’s important to note that we cannot gain wisdom only by learning about life theoretically. No matter how much we know now, we must understand that there’s so much more to discover.
Here are some quotes that’ll accompany you as you learn more about life. Make sure you add this list to your must-reads for some inspiration!
Start reading here.
And make sure to check out these wisdom quotes and education quotes.
Best Knowledge Quotes
1. “Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice.” – Anton Chekhov
2. “Timeless knowledge prepares you for a changing world.” – James Pierce
3. “No thief, however skillful, can rob one of knowledge, and that is why knowledge is the best and safest treasure to acquire.” – L. Frank Baum
4. “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” – Daniel Boorstin
5. “Knowledge is power—power to do evil or power to do good. Power itself is not evil. So knowledge itself is not evil.” – Veronica Roth
6. “The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand.”
– Frank Herbert
7. “The end of all knowledge should be service to others.” – Cesar Chavez
8. “The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. There is always more mystery.” – Anäis Nin
9. “Any fool can know. The point is to understand.” – Albert Einstein
Famous Knowledge Quotes
10. “Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.” – Confucius
11. “To know that we know what we know, and to know that we do not know what we do not know, that is true knowledge.” – Nicolaus Copernicus
12. “The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
13. “Knowledge rests not upon truth alone, but upon error also.” – Carl Gustav Jung
14. “Knowledge increases by sharing but not by saving.” – Lyrikal
15. “All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason.” – Immanuel Kant
16. “Great knowledge is universal. Small knowledge is limited. Great words are inspiring. Small words are chatter.” – Zhuangzi
17. “Real knowledge is intrinsic and it’s built from the ground up.” – Naval Ravikant
18. “If we would have new knowledge, we must get a whole world of new questions.” – Susanne K. Langer
19. “Where there is shouting, there is no true knowledge.” – Leonardo da Vinci
Also read: Famous Quotes, Inspirational Quotes
Inspirational Knowledge Quotes
20. “The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge.” – Bertrand Russell
21. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
22. “Knowledge has a beginning but no end.” – Geeta Iyengar
23. “As knowledge increases, wonder deepens.” – Charles Morgan
24. “If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.” – Margaret Fuller
Also read: Graduation Quotes
Quotes About Knowledge and Wisdom
25. “We can have all the knowledge in the world, but it means nothing without the wisdom to know what to do with it.” – Marie Osmond
26. “Knowledge is a process of piling up facts; wisdom lies in their simplification.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
27. “We do not need more knowledge but more wisdom. Wisdom comes from our own attention.” – Jack Kornfield
28. “Knowledge without transformation is not wisdom.” – Paulo Coelho
29. “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” – Socrates
30. “To attain knowledge, add things every day. To attain wisdom, remove things every day.” – Lao Tzu
31. “Wisdom cannot be imparted. Wisdom that a wise man attempts to impart always sounds like foolishness to someone else. Knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom. One can find it, live it, do wonders through it, but one cannot communicate and teach it.” – Herman Hesse
32. “Knowledge is power but only wisdom is liberty.” – Will Durant
33. “To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe.” – Marilyn Vos Savant
34. “Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.” – Jimi Hendrix
35. “Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.” – Miles Kington
36. “These days, people seek knowledge, not wisdom. Knowledge is of the past, wisdom is of the future.” – Vernon Cooper
37. “We can be knowledgeable with other men’s knowledge, but we cannot be wise with other men’s wisdom.” – Michel de Montaigne
38. “Knowledge without wisdom is like water in the sand.” – Guinean Proverb
Also read: Learning Quotes
Short Knowledge Quotes to Make You Think
39. “Knowledge is love and light and vision.” – Helen Keller
40. “Knowledge is the life of the mind.” – Abu Bakr As-Siddiq
41. “All knowledge hurts.” – Cassandra Clare
42. “Knowledge is life with wings.” – William Blake
43. “Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.” – Dalai Lama
44. “Knowledge is the treasure of a wise man.” – Anonymous
45. “There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.” – Buddha
46. “Knowledge with action converts adversity into prosperity.” – A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
47. “Great minds are always feared by lesser minds.” – Dan Brown
48. “Knowledge is rooted in all things—the world is a library.” – Lakota Proverb
Knowledge Quotes That’ll Change Your Worldview
49. “A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin, and culture is like a tree without roots.” – Marcus Garvey
50. “Zeal without knowledge is fire without light.” – Thomas Fuller
51. “Knowledge is like a garden; if it is not cultivated, it cannot be harvested.” – Proverb
52. “Knowledge is power, and you need power in this world. You need as many advantages as you can get.” – Ellen DeGeneres
53. “Knowledge is power but enthusiasm pulls the switch.” – Anonymous
Knowledge Quotes for Your Inquisitive Minds
54. “Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it.” – Alan Moore
55. “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
56. “Reading furnishes the mind only with materials of knowledge; it is thinking that makes what we read ours.” – John Locke
57. “Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.” – George Bernard Shaw
58. “How much knowledge you gain depends on your willingness to learn.” – Anonymous
59. “All knowledge is connected to all other knowledge. The fun is in making the connections.” – Arthur C. Aufderheide
60. “That knowledge which purifies the mind and heart alone is true knowledge, all else is only a negation of knowledge.” – Ramakrishna
Do You Think You Already Know All There Is to Learn About the World?
Learning starts with our parents, and then we continue to formal education. After getting our degrees, some even pursue higher education by getting their masters’ and doctorate’s degrees. But, knowledge goes beyond the educational standards that society has imposed.
To be truly wise and knowledgeable of the world, we must be curious and inquisitive. We should also follow through with actions—asking, researching, and being innovative. Only when we understand and do this can we genuinely cultivate our wisdom.
We should also remember that knowledge should be shared with the world. So, whenever someone needs some enlightenment on certain subjects you’re good at, do your part to help out. Strive to discover things that’ll benefit your community!
There’s no denying that learning never stops. With that, take this list as a reminder to make sure you constantly feed your curiosity by discovering new things!
What did you learn from this collection? Are there any other knowledge quotes you’d like us to add to the list? Share them with us by commenting below!