Every single day can be a challenge, so let these life is hard quotes fuel you with inspiration today.
All of us have been struggling with hardships and challenges our whole lives. Even as kids, we are conditioned by grown-ups that life is something we should prepare for.
As we become adults, every day will be a constant reminder of the harsh truth that life is hard.
But, no matter how true this reality may be, we must still find a way to remember the good things in life. Let the happy moments fuel you with the inspiration to keep going.
Life is hard, but we must remind ourselves that we are stronger than our struggles.
Read our entire collection below to learn more.
Best Life Is Hard Quotes
1. “Life is hard, but there are moments, sometimes hours, and if you’re really lucky, full days where everything feels just right.” – Andy Grammer
2. “Life is hard. Life is difficult. Life is going to punch you in the gut. But when you change your attitude, you change your behavior. When your behavior changes, so do your results.” – Will Hurd
3. “Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. It’s how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.” – Rocky Balboa
4. “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and, above all, confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.” – Marie Curie
5. “Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving. We get stronger and more resilient.” – Steve Maraboli
6. “Life is tough, darling, but so are you.” – Stephanie Bennett
7. “Life is hard enough. Life is always going to be hard, so you need to push for what you want.” – Dizzee Rascal
8. “However hard life is, deep in our hearts, we know that it is worth to continue till the end!” – Mehmet Murat İldan
9. “Life is hard for everyone. That’s why there’s such a nice reward at the end of it.” – Aidan Quinn
10. “Life has many ways of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once.” – Paulo Coelho
Inspiring Quotes About a Hard Life
11. “When life gives you a hundred reasons to break down and cry, show life that you have a million reasons to smile and laugh. Stay strong.” – Anonymous
12. “Life is going to get hard sometimes, so get the f*ck up and get your sh*t together. You’re either an ocean or a puddle. Don’t be a puddle. People walk through puddles like they’re nothing. Oceans f*cking destroy cities.” – Anonymous
13. “Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you. They’re supposed to help you discover who you are.” – Bernice Johnson Reagon
14. “Hard times are sometimes blessings in disguise. We do have to suffer, but in the end, it makes us strong, better, and wise.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
15. “When life gets hard, and you want to give up, remember that life is full of ups and downs, and without the downs, the ups would mean nothing.” – Anonymous
16. “No matter what job or industry you’re in, life is hard, but we’re all going through a difficult time, and the best thing we can do is pick each other up and move on together.” – Eric Nam
17. “Challenges are what make life interesting, and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
18. “All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me. You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” – Walt Disney
19. “Life is not supposed to be easy in every phase. In fact, many circumstances come in our life when we learn a lesson and remain alive to pass it on to our future generations.” – Agatha Fauvel
20. “You’re going to go through tough times. That’s life. But I say, ‘Nothing happens to you. It happens for you.’ See the positive in negative events.” – Joel Osteen
21. “Part of my act is meant to shake you up. It looks like I’m being funny, but I’m reminding you of other things. Life is tough, darling. Life is hard, and we better laugh at everything. Otherwise, we’re going down the tube.” – Joan Rivers
Life Is Hard Quotes for Everyone Who Needs Words of Encouragement
22. “Life is hard sometimes, but there is always a reason for why it is.” – Anonymous
23. “Sometimes, life is hard, but you gotta be strong and keep moving on. Don’t let anything hold you back from what you want.” – Anonymous
24. “Life is not always fair. Sometimes, you get a splinter sliding down a rainbow.” – Terri Guillemets
25. “Life is very interesting. In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.” – Drew Barrymore
26. “Sometimes, life’s hard. Sometimes, it’s easy. Sometimes, I thought of quitting. After some time, it becomes every time. But then, I look to my near ones and sometimes become some time.” – Anonymous
27. “Sometimes, life can seem hard, but it’s not necessarily because you’re doing something wrong. It may be because you are doing something right.” – Steven Aitchison
28. “Don’t pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.” – Bruce Lee
29. “Life is hard. It is not too short. It is too long, but you have to learn how to live. you have to have a sense of humor.” – Carolina Herrera
30. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert Schuller
31. “After every storm, the sun will smile. For every problem, there is a solution, and the soul’s indefeasible duty is to be of good cheer.” – William Rounseville Alger
32. “Sometimes, life is too hard to be alone, and sometimes, life is too good to be alone.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
33. “When life gets harder, challenge yourself to be stronger.” – Anonymous
34. “Sometimes, life is so hard you can only do the next thing. Whatever that is, just do the next thing. God will meet you there.” – Elisabeth Elliot
Life Is Hard Quotes That’ll Leave an Impact on You
35. “When I hear somebody sigh, ‘Life is hard,’ I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?'” – Sydney J. Harris
36. “Life is hard. It is, and it’s like, I don’t want anybody feeling any pain.” – Bebe Rexha
37. “My philosophy is life is hard, but God is good. Try not to confuse the two.” – Anne F. Beiler
38. “The harder life is for a man when he is young, the easier it will be in the future.” – Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
39. “It is impossible to live without failing at something unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.” – J. K. Rowling
40. “It’s a hard life if you don’t weaken.” – Stephen King
41. “I think just because life is hard, it does seem fun to have a break and laugh about things, so I think, in the end, my instincts go there.” – Joan Cusack
42. “Life is hard, and a lot of people come home tired from work. If they’re gonna spend half an hour reading, they want some entertainment and a sense of achievement. So that’s what I give them. That’s all I’m trying to do. Is that really so wrong?” – James Patterson
43. “Life is always rocky when you’re a gem.” – Anonymous
44. “To be tested is good. The challenged life may be the best therapist.” – Gail Sheehy
45. “If life gets too hard to stand, kneel.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
46. “Life is a circle of happiness, sadness, hard times, and good times. If you are going through a hard time, know that good times are on the way.” – Anonymous
Life Is Hard Quotes to Remember When You’re Struggling
47. “Sometimes life is hard but sometimes we make it harder than it really is.” – Anonymous
48. “It doesn’t matter how hard your life is, was, or will be. Just don’t give up.” – Dido Stargaze
49. “Ironically, learning that life is hard, sometimes really hard, makes life easier.” – David Sheff
50. “Life is all about setbacks. A life lived without disappointment is a life lived in a cocoon. People have recovered from far worse setbacks.” – Tony Clark
51. “A lot of people have a hard life. They give up too easily, or they stop figuring out how to improve their lives and those around them.” – V. Noot
52. “You may not always have a comfortable life, and you will not always be able to solve all of the world’s problems at once but don’t ever underestimate the importance you can have because history has shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own.” – Michelle Obama
53. “Loss and hardships are unavoidable in life, however, ‘how’ we deal with our pain is what will make us or break us.” – Melanie Willard
54. “There are no negatives in life, only challenges to overcome that will make you stronger.” – Eric Bates
55. “The biggest weapon of billions of people against the difficulties of life is ‘the desperation solutions’ that sadden humanity instead of ‘real solutions’ that suit human dignity!” – Mehmet Murat İldan
Other Life Is Hard Quotes That Will Give You a Good Laugh
56. “Life is hard, then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.” – David Gerrold
57. “I believe that life is hard. That we all are going to walk through things that are hard and challenging, and yet advertising wants us to believe that it’s all easy.” – Jamie Lee Curtis
58. “If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you.” – Louis D. Brandeis
59. “Life is hard, but we make it much harder.” – Ryan Holiday
60. “Life is hard. It’s harder if you’re stupid.” – John Wayne
Did These Quotes Inspire You to Continue in Life?
Everyone knows how hard it is to keep going when life always seems to knock you down. We try to get up most of the time, but there will also be moments when we feel like giving up.
In these times, we must know the value of resting and reflecting on what happened. Life is hard, but it doesn’t mean everything will stay negative forever. We have our passions and loved ones to fuel us to thrive instead of just surviving.
Let yourself be inspired to continue living your best life by appreciating the small things and feeling love and happiness deeply. Especially in our most challenging times, these seemingly unimportant things will mean a lot. We must persist and have the resolve to overcome everything that might come—both the good and the bad.
So, when you feel like you can’t keep going anymore, remind yourself of all the things you are grateful for. Moreover, make sure to use our collection of wise words to encourage you to move forward, onward, and beyond!