Whenever you feel like giving up, take a moment to read through this list of perseverance quotes to get the motivation you need to continue fighting.
A lot of times, life and its many challenges just knock us out cold. We feel like there’s no hope to succeed and win.
However, if we just persevere and continue fighting, we’ll see that nothing is impossible for us to achieve.
This is one of the many instances that show why perseverance is such an essential and critical value in life.
It gives us the fighting spirit and determination to keep going, despite whatever challenge life may throw at us.
It’s an easy thing to say but a hard thing to do.
Thankfully, we have here some of the most insightful and inspiring perseverance quotes to keep you going through the ups and downs of everyday life.
Don’t miss out, and make sure you scroll through to the end to gain some meaningful pieces of advice you can live by.
Best Perseverance Quotes
1. “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.” – Julie Andrews
2. “Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” – Gillian Anderson
3. “The will to persevere is often the difference between failure and success.” – David Sarnoff
4. “In the realm of ideas, everything depends on enthusiasm. In the real world, all rests on perseverance.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
5. “It’s perseverance that’s the key. It’s persevering for long enough to achieve your potential.” – Lynn Davies
6. “Continuous effort—not strength or intelligence—is the key to unlocking our potential.” – Winston Churchill
7. “I will persist until I succeed. Always will I take another step. If that is of no avail, I will take another, and yet another. In truth, one step at a time is not too difficult. I know that small attempts, repeated, will complete any undertaking.” – Og Mandino
8. “A winner is just a loser who tried one more time.” – George M. Moore Jr.
9. “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan ‘Press on’ has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.” – Calvin Coolidge
Famous Perseverance Quotes
10. “Perseverance—secret of all triumphs.” – Victor Hugo
11. “Never, never, never, never give up.” – Winston Churchill
12. “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.” – Albert Einstein
13. “No one succeeds without effort. Those who succeed owe their success to perseverance.” – Ramana Maharshi
14. “Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another.” – Walter Elliott
15. “Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
16. “Let me tell you the secret that has led to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity.” – Louis Pasteur
17. “Fall seven times and stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
18. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
19. “It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
Inspirational Quotes About Perseverance
20. “Persist and persevere, and you will find most things that are attainable, possible.” – Lord Chesterfield
21. “Through perseverance, many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure.” – Benjamin Disraeli
22. “Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.” – Samuel Johnson
23. “We can do anything we want to do if we stick to it long enough.” – Helen Keller
24. “A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success.” – Elbert Hubbard
25. “Courage doesn’t always roar, sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the day whispering I will try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
Perseverance Quotes to Learn From
26. “The most essential factor is persistence—the determination never to allow your energy or enthusiasm to be dampened by the discouragement that must inevitably come.” – James Whitcomb Riley
27. “Everything that I’ve ever been able to accomplish in skating and in life has come out of adversity and perseverance.” – Scott Hamilton
28. “In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins—not through strength but by perseverance.” – H. Jackson Brown
29. “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” – Newt Gingrich
30. “My personal story has always been about perseverance and always getting up when I fall. Maybe I’m not an Olympic champion, but I can teach the world about that.” – Jeremy Abbott
Perseverance Quotes for Those Who Need a Boost
31. “You aren’t going to find anybody that’s going to be successful without making a sacrifice and without perseverance.” – Lou Holtz
32. “If I had to select one quality, one personal characteristic that I regard as being most highly correlated with success, whatever the field, I would pick the trait of persistence. Determination. The will to endure to the end, to get knocked down seventy times and get up off the floor saying, ‘Here comes number 71!’” – Richard M. Devos
33. “Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.” – William Feather
34. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
35. “When the world says, ‘Give up,’ hope whispers, ‘Try it one more time.’” – Anonymous
Perseverance Quotes That Zoom in on Its Importance in Life
36. “Perseverance is a positive, active characteristic. It is not idly, passively waiting and hoping for some good thing to happen. It gives us hope by helping us realize that the righteous suffer no failure except in giving up and no longer trying. We must never give up, regardless of temptations, frustrations, disappointments, or discouragements.” – Joseph P. Wirthlin
37. “Adversity, and perseverance, and all these things can shape you. They can give you a value and a self-esteem that is priceless.” – Scott Hamilton
38. “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.” – Marie Curie
39. “When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
Also read: Confidence Quotes
Short Perseverance Quotes to Ponder On
40. “God helps those who persevere.” – The Koran
41. “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” – Billie Jean King
42. “Perseverance and perspective until victory.” – Lincoln Diaz-Balart
43. “Perseverance is a virtue that cannot be understated.” – Bob Riley
44. “By perseverance, the snail reached the ark.” – Charles Spurgeon
45. “There is no armor like perseverance.” – Sogyal Rinpoche
46. “Energy and persistence conquer all things.” – Benjamin Franklin
47. “The road to perseverance lies by doubt.” – Francis Quarles
48. “I think one of the most important attributes is perseverance.” – David Rose
49. “It’s always too soon to quit!” – Norman Vincent Peale
Deep Perseverance Quotes That Will Have Your Mind Reeling
50. “Permanence, perseverance, and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.” – Thomas Carlyle
51. “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” – Confucius
52. “You never know what’s around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you’ve climbed a mountain.” – Tom Hiddleston
53. “Perseverance is an active principle, and cannot continue to operate but under the influence of desire.” – William Godwin
54. “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won’t.” – Henry Ward Beecher
55. “With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.” – Thomas Fowell Buxton
More Perseverance Quotes That Are Worth Reading
56. “Perseverance—a lowly virtue whereby mediocrity achieves an inglorious success.” – Ambrose Bierce
57. “‘Tis a lesson you should heed. Try, try, try again. If at first, you don’t succeed, try, try, try again.” – William Edward Hickson
58. “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.” – John Quincy Adams
59. “Personally, I’ve learned about perseverance. When you hear the word ‘No,’ and when you hear rejection—that it’s not always final. And that timing is everything, and you have to stay the course and just keep working hard and know that, when your time comes, it will be sweet and that it will be the perfect time.” – Angela Robinson
60. “Let’s not get tired of doing good, because, in time, we’ll have a harvest if we don’t give up.” – Galatians 6:9
Did These Quotes Give You the Strength to Stand Up, Fight, and Hold On Until You Win?
In a world filled with challenges left and right, perseverance is a must. Unfortunately, though people might have the drive to start new endeavors, not everyone has the determination to stick to it until they succeed.
Without perseverance, how can we truly reach our end goals and dreams? After all, we can’t just start walking down a new road every time a challenge comes up. By doing so, we’ll just get stuck in a never-ending loop, never reaching what we truly want in life.
Sticking to plans and goals is admittedly hard, and we don’t blame you if, once in a while, you need to stop and take a break. But, remember that a break is just that—a pause and a time to breathe and gather your wits. Once you’ve regained your energy, stand up and try again until you reach success.
That’s what perseverance is all about—pushing forward no matter what. There may be delays, numerous stopovers, and detours, but if you keep at it, eventually, you will reach your destination. Whenever you need a reminder of that fact, feel free to take out this list and reread the wonderful insights from people all over the world.
What did you learn from this collection? Do you think perseverance is essential to success? Comment below.