The Avengers movies wouldn’t be complete without the presence of the God of Mischief, so read these Loki quotes to understand his personality better!
Loki, played by Tom Hiddleston, is Thor’s adopted brother. Unlike his righteous brother, Loki is mischievous and sometimes acts like a villain. In fact, for the most part, we see him going against the Avengers and putting them in trouble.
However, his mischief is just a product of his craving for the love and acceptance of their father. Loki felt inferior to Thor all his life and only wanted to be appreciated for who he was. This is the main reason behind his acting out and making himself seem like a villain.
To better understand what drove Loki to act this way, read on. We’ve got the best of the best Loki quotes for everyone to understand his feelings and personality better.
And don’t forget to check out these WandaVision quotes and The Mandalorian quotes.
Best Loki Quotes
1. “Trust my rage.”
2. “I assure you, brother, the sun will shine on us again.”
3. “Love is a dagger.”
4. “You can trust one thing. I love to be right.”
5. “The time-keepers have built quite the circus, and I see the clowns are playing their parts to perfection.”
6. “Kneel before me. I said kneel! Is not this simpler? Is this not your natural state? It’s the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life’s joy in a mad scramble for power. For identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel.”
7. “I am the monster parents tell their children about at night.”
8. “You know, it all makes sense now, why you favored Thor all these years. Because no matter how much you claim to love me, you could never have a Frost Giant sitting on the throne of Asgard!”
9. “It hurts, doesn’t it? Being lied to. Being told you’re one thing and then learning it’s all fiction. You didn’t think I’d really come and see you, did you? This place is disgusting. Does this mean you don’t want my help? Look, I couldn’t jeopardize my position with Grandmaster, it took me time to win his trust. He’s a lunatic, but he can be amenable. What I’m telling you is, you could join me at the Grandmaster’s side.”
Awesome Loki Quotes to Better Understand His Personality
10. “Satisfaction isn’t in my nature.”
11. “I could have done it, Father! I could have done it! For you! For all of us!”
12. “So I am no more than another stolen relic, locked up here until you might have use of me.”
13. “I didn’t do it for him.”
14. “I am Loki of Asgard, and I am burdened with glorious purpose.”
15. “You’ll kill me? Evidently, there will be a line.”
16. “I don’t wanna hurt you. I don’t want a throne. I just—I just want you to be okay.”
17. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to destroy Jotunheim.”
18. “An ant has no quarrel with a boot.”
19. “You will never be a god.”
20. “I never wanted the throne! I only ever wanted to be your equal.”
Loki Quotes That’ll Take You Back to the Marvel Universe
21. “You must be truly desperate to come to me for help.”
22. “I have been falling for 30 minutes!”
23. “We are not doing, ‘Get Help.’”
24. “Well done. You just decapitated your grandfather.”
25. “Guilty of being the God of Mischief? Yes. Guilty of finding all this incredibly tedious? Yes. Guilty of a crime against the Sacred Timeline? Absolutely not; you’ve got the wrong person.”
Loki Quotes That Are Worth a Read
26. “I guess I’ll have to go do it alone. Like I’ve always done.”
27. “Is it madness? Is it? Is it? I don’t know what happened on Earth to make you so soft! Don’t tell me it was that woman. Oh, it was. Well, maybe, when we’re done here. I’ll pay her a visit myself!”
28. “You know this is wonderful! This was a tremendous idea! Let’s steal the biggest, most obvious ship in the universe and escape in that! Flying around the city, smash it into everything in sight, and everyone will see it! It’s brilliant, Thor!”
29. “You’re not seriously thinking of going back, are you? Our sister destroyed your hammer like a piece of glass. She’s stronger than both of us; she’s stronger than you. You don’t stand a chance! Do you understand what I’m saying to you?”
30. “Look at you, the mighty Thor, with all your strength. And what good does it do you now, huh? Do you hear me, brother? There’s nothing you can do!”
Did This List of Quotes Make You Feel for Loki?
It’s hard as it is to be bullied and discriminated against by others. So, imagine how Loki felt when his own family treated him that way. Though it might be unintentional, it doesn’t erase the fact that it’s something that Loki felt.
After all, even if we’re hurt unintentionally, no one can ever discredit what we’ve felt. It’s the same for Loki; people kept telling him he was equal to Thor, that he was part of the family, and that he was never alone. However, actions spoke louder than words, and in the end, how people treated him was the opposite of their statements.
Loki was just like a child begging for his loved ones’ affection. He acted out and made himself like a villain because he wanted his family to take notice of him and love him. However justified his goal is, though, it doesn’t excuse that he committed many crimes.
Thankfully, Loki was able to redeem himself and allowed himself to be honest with Thor. He teaches us that family isn’t always bonded by blood; if each other accepts and loves the other for who they are, that’s enough.
It’s never too late to change. Remember this lesson from Loki and move forward with a newfound understanding of his life and personality. Keep this collection saved so you can reflect on it whenever you need encouragement!