Reading looking forward quotes is a great first step whenever you need to move on from yesterday’s pains and disappointments!
The wheel of life will keep on turning—with or without us. If we get stuck reminiscing and thinking about the past, then everyone and everything will move forward but us. We’ll get left behind in our misery and never experience the joy of what lies ahead.
So, no matter how bleak things are for you, just keep looking forward. Believe in the power of your mind and know that everything will turn out alright in the end. If you live with this kind of mindset, then no negative experience will be able to bring you down!
Sadly, doing so won’t be as easy as pie. To help you out, we’ve rounded up some of the best looking forward quotes to keep you positive and inspired.
Best Looking Forward Quotes
1. “Look forward in your life, and regrets are no more. Keep going with each step forward. Happiness awaits you at every step.” – Sandeep Ravidutt Sharma
2. “I’m looking forward to the future and feeling grateful for the past.” – Mike Rowe
3. “The magic of life is about looking forward, neither looking around and worrying what is about to go wrong nor having sorrows of the past.” – Dr. Joe G. Vethanayagam
4. “Sometimes you have to forget what’s gone. Appreciate what still remains. And look forward to what’s coming next.” – Will Smith
5. “We begin by moving forward, looking clearly and bravely in the direction we’re headed.” – Maria Quintero Conk
Inspirational Quotes on Looking Forward
6. “You can’t look back; you have to keep looking forward.” – Lucy Liu
7. “If possible, forget the past. Look forward to the future.” – Henry Watkins Allen
8. “You just have to look forward in the world and know you are loved.” – Trisha Ochsner
9. “No matter how frustrating the present or uncertain the future, keep looking forward. That is where God is calling us. Growth is forward.” – William D. Watley
10. “Look at your neck turning radius. It’s designed to look 180-degree forward side only. Looking back slows you down. Always look forward in life.” – Manoj Arora
Looking Forward Quotes to Live By
11. “Never look back. Always look forward!” – W. Glyn Evan
12. “Keep looking forward. Keep forgiving and asking for forgiveness.” – David and Claudia Arp
13. “A very important guideline for setting priorities is to keep looking forward. Learn from past experiences and mistakes, but don’t continue looking backward at them.” – Carolyn Larsen
Looking Forward Quotes That’ll Improve Your Life
14. “This year, more than ever, it makes best sense to keep looking forward.” – Socialist Commentary
15. “Look at life through the windshield, not the rear-view mirror.” – Byrd Baggett
16. “We would not have such dread or grief because, though we would have nothing good to look backward to, we would have our whole lives to look forward to.” – Derek Parfit
17. “Life is about moving on, accepting changes, and looking forward to what makes you stronger and more complete.” – Anonymous
18. “You live life looking forward, you understand life looking backward.” – Anonymous
Looking Forward Quotes for Those Who Need a Boost
19. “Life was meant to be lived looking forward to where you are going—not looking back on what has already happened.” – Anonymous
20. “Don’t dwell on it, honey. What’s done is done; you have to keep looking forward.” – Sarah Bartrum
21. “Thee must always look forward to something nice, dearie. It’s no use fretting over troubles; it won’t mend them one bit.” – Wilhelmina Martha James
22. “Our eyes are placed in front because it is more important to look ahead than to look back.” – Anonymous
Looking Forward Quotes to Reinforce Your Faith in God
23. “We can count on God’s word to help us keep looking forward and looking up.” – Robert L. Thompson
24. “Keep looking forward—fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfector of faith.” – Emma Champion
25. “Don’t look back; instead, keep looking forward. Get ready for the new thing God wants to do in your life. Your destiny is not tied to the people who walk away from you.” – Joel Osteen
26. “Don’t look at the present storm, but look to the Son coming.” – Anthony Liccione
Wise Looking Forward Quotes That’ll Lead You to Success and Fulfillment
27. “Don’t look back; keep looking forward and maintain the goals you have set for yourself.” – Michael Bradshaw
28. “Look forward with hope rather than backward with regret.” – Anonymous
29. “We let go of the present, which we have in our power, and look forward to that which depends upon chance, and so relinquish a certainty for an uncertainty.” – Seneca
30. “Don’t fret. We all experience it. We must. For despite our humanity, love is the only way we can be like gods. It is in love that we glimpse heaven during our lifetime and have proof that there’s something worth looking forward to in the end.” – Felix Alexander
Deep Looking Forward Quotes That’ll Pique Your Interest
31. “If we are walking in the right way, looking forward will give us fresh courage.” – The Lay Preacher
32. “Looking forward, but staying in the moment.” – Anonymous
33. “Looking forward to things is half the pleasure of them. You may not get the things themselves, but nothing can prevent you from having the fun of looking forward to them.” – L. M. Montgomery
34. “If you want to steer your organization down the road to change, you have to keep looking forward—through the windshield. By the time opportunities appear in the rear-view mirror, it’s too late to take advantage of them.” – Todd Whitaker
35. “Sorrow is properly that state of the mind in which our desires are fixed upon the past without looking forward to the future.” – Samuel Johnson
More Looking Forward Quotes That You Must Read Today
36. “I’m looking forward, that’s all. I’m not looking backward.” – Robbie Lawler
37. “To always be looking forward. And never looking back.” – Lou Reed
38. “I’m always interested in looking forward toward the future. Carving out new ways of looking at things.” – Herbie Hancock
39. “I don’t like looking back. I’m always constantly looking forward. I’m not the one to sort of sit and cry over spilled milk. I’m too busy looking for the next cow.” – Gordon Ramsay
40. “You know, I try not to look back because looking forward is so much better than looking backward.” – Jim Baker
Did These Quotes Inspire You to Look Forward and Not Back?
There is so much pressure to do good and succeed. Though it’s not inherently bad, too much pressure will eventually lead us astray and make us think that if we make a mistake once, we’re a failure. We trap ourselves in a never-ending cycle of self-contempt and self-loathing because we believe that we will never be able to succeed in life.
However, all we need to do in moments of defeat is to look forward. By doing so, we open our eyes to infinite possibilities and hope for better days to come.
Looking forward at all times can make it seem like you’re living life through rose-colored glasses. But, the truth is, you’re just a more hopeful and vibrant person. You live knowing there’s something good ahead, no matter how challenging your current situation is.
Don’t let your painful past or bleak present hold you back from moving on with your life. Brighter, happier, and more colorful days await you. So, look forward and brave all your storms!