It can be hard to start over after a fall, so read these moving forward quotes that will set you on the right path.
Life gives us countless memories to treasure. These memories could either be good or bad for our development.
But, one thing is true: if that memory is closely tied to something or someone we love, it’ll be hard to let go of them, no matter how detrimental they might be to our progress.
However, we must remember that moving forward is the only way for us to become better, stronger, and more capable individuals.
We cannot spend our lives hanging onto things that will stagnate our development as humans.
There’s no denying that taking that next first step forward will be hard. But, hopefully, these moving forward quotes we’ve compiled will help you get started.
Continue to the complete list below.
And don’t forget to check out these resilience quotes.
Best Moving Forward Quotes
1. “The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.” – Alyson Noel
2. “Be brave and take risks. You need to have faith in yourself. Be brave and take risks. You don’t have to have it all figured out to move forward.” – Roy T. Bennett
3. “March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move toward perfection. March on, and fear not the thorns, or the sharp stones on life’s path.” – Kahlil Gibran
4. “If you can’t fly, then run. If you can’t run, then walk. If you can’t walk, then crawl. But whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
5. “The only person that ever stumbles is a guy moving forward. You don’t stumble backward; you stumble forward, and you never stumble when you’re stationary. So don’t worry about stumbling. Keep pushing it forward.” – James Carville
6. “Life doesn’t always end up where you want it to go; you have to be an optimist and keep moving forward.” – Tinsley Mortimer
Inspiring Moving Forward Quotes
7. “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer.” – Denis Waitley
8. “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” – Walt Disney
9. “Take the changes in stride, and understand that you may have setbacks. Instead of focusing on that, make sure to keep moving forward.” – Esther King
10. “The most successful people are those who are willing to keep moving forward after making mistakes.” – Coach Flanagan
11. “And we all have setbacks as we move toward achieving our goals. We cannot let these setbacks or challenges stop us. Keep moving forward!” – Catherine Pulsifer
12. “Love yourself enough to move forward from whatever mistakes you may have made.” – Akiroq Brost
Moving Forward Quotes to Help You Continue in Life
13. “When you have something to do, life will not allow you to move forward until you do it.” – Iyanla Vanzant
14. “Life’s not about how hard of a hit you can give. It’s about how many you can take and still keep moving forward.” – Sylvester Stallone
15. “If you make a mistake, no matter what, correct your error and keep moving forward.” – Alex Altman
16. “You are always a student, never a master. You have to keep moving forward.” – Conrad Hall
17. “Just keep moving forward and don’t give a damn about what anybody thinks. Do what you have to do, for you.” – Johnny Depp
18. “I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” – Robert Downey Jr.
19. “It’s a wonderful world. You can’t go backward. You’re always moving forward. It’s the wonderful part about life. And that’s terrific.” – Harvey Fierstein
20. “Life is about how much you can take and keep fighting, how much you can suffer and keep moving forward.” – Anderson Silva
21. “The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.” – Steve Maraboli
Also read: Quotes to Live By, Encouraging Quotes
Moving Forward Quotes That’ll Guide You to Peace
22. “Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out.” – Gordon B. Hinkley
23. “Our scars make us who we are. Wear them proudly and move forward.” – Jane Linfooth
24. “There’s no time for regrets. You’ve just got to keep moving forward.” – Mike McCready
25. “Sometimes, God closes doors because it’s time to move forward. He knows you won’t move unless your circumstances force you. Trust the transition. God’s got you.” – Anonymous
26. “Sometimes, we stumble and fall. It doesn’t mean we are failures, it simply means we are moving forward.” – Gift Gugu Mona
Also read: Positive Quotes, One Step at a Time Quotes
Short Moving Forward Quotes for Those Who Need Advice
27. “If we fail to adapt, we fail to move forward.” – John Wooden
28. “Baby steps count, too, as long as you’re moving forward.” – Chris Gardner
29. “Set your goal and keep moving forward.” – Georges St-Pierre
30. “Mistakes are acceptable if they’re the result of moving forward.” – Andrew Yang
31. “If you’re not moving forward, you’re falling back.” – Sam Waterson
32. “You can’t expect to move forward if your emergency brake is on.” – Angela Cecilia
33. “The hardest part about moving forward is not looking back.” – Anonymous
34. “Moving forward first requires a step to be taken.” – Chase S.M. Neill
35. “Move forward with purpose.” – Sherrilyn Kenyon
Moving Forward Quotes to Help You Start Over
36. “The answer to every adversity lies in courageously moving forward with faith.” – Edmond Mbiaka
37. “Stop focusing on what happened and start focusing on what’s going to move you forward.” – Anonymous
38. “Let’s dare to promote ourselves to better ‘us’ by working hard and moving forward instead of regretting and rewinding the past.” – Pantea Kalhor
39. “What is past is past and it does not forebode well to relive past mistakes or transgressions. Move forward rather than being stuck in the past. No one can redo the past but everyone can create a better future.” – Byron Pulsifer
Wise Moving Forward Quotes That Everyone Can Learn From
40. “Time flies, people change. You’re not always needed. There are times to move forward and places to let go.” – Anonymous
41. “Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.” – Victor Kiam
42. “Looking back isn’t going to help you. Moving forward is the thing you have to do.” – Anonymous
43. “I find that the best way to do things is to constantly move forward and to never doubt anything and keep moving forward if you make a mistake, say you made a mistake.” – John Frusciante
Moving Forward Quotes You Need to Read Today
44. “Having perseverance is all about being able to bounce back and keep moving forward.” – Jason Scotts
45. “Too many times, we get so caught up in moving forward that we forget to appreciate where we are and what we have.” – Shaddona Richards
46. “Faith is moving forward even when things don’t make sense, trusting that in hindsight everything will become clear.” – Mandy Hale
47. “Some people are meant to stay put, and some people are meant to go. But running is different than going. When you’re running, you spend the whole time looking over your shoulder. To go forward, you gotta look forward.” – Gretchen Anthony
More Quotes About Moving Forward
48. “A lot of things are going to happen that you can’t necessarily control all the time, but you can control what you do after it happens. So that’s what I try to do—keep my head up, keep moving forward, stay positive and just work hard.” – Lonzo Ball
49. “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” – Henry Ford
50. “Life moves forward. The old leaves wither, die and fall away, and the new growth extends forward into the light.” – Bryant McGill
Did These Quotes Give You the Peace of Mind You Need to Start Moving Forward?
As we move through our everyday life, we realize that our world is not only made up of good things. Each one of us has our own battles to face in life. We all face heartbreaks, defeats, failures, and rejections; but this doesn’t mean we must remain in this negative headspace.
One key to achieving a happy and meaningful life is knowing when and how to move forward. Always look at the next step ahead instead of looking backward—at your mistakes.
By constantly moving forward, we create better versions of ourselves each day. This makes us stronger and more resilient individuals. It also gives us the peace of mind that no matter how bad things get, we can always take a step forward and move on to brighter days.
With that, we hope this list of moving forward quotes was able to encourage you to always be open to let go of the bad and improve. If you feel like life’s challenges are holding you back, read this collection one more time and recognize that you have the power to choose the positive!