If you feel like giving up and you can’t keep going anymore, then these life goes on quotes are here to inspire you.
The truth about life is it is constantly changing and moving. Every day, we are all reminded of the impermanence of things and how we are all just passing through.
So, we cannot deny that life goes on no matter what happens, and its principal characteristic is both a blessing and a curse for us.
The happy moments are not lasting, but they can be a source of inspiration if we keep them in our hearts. In the same way, the darkest moments are not permanent, and this truth gives us hope and pushes us to move forward.
The fact that life goes on is a beautiful thing that we should never forget.
So, read our complete list that will inspire you and enlighten you about the reality of life.
Continue reading below.
Best Life Goes on Quotes
1. “Life has to go on even when you don’t want it to or when you feel unable to participate. The world doesn’t stop turning for anyone.” – Stewart Stafford
2. “Life goes on, and one should look ahead and not backward.” – Sonali Bendre
3. “Life goes on because it has to. It has a purpose and a purpose worth living for.” – Anonymous
4. “Regardless of how it goes down, life goes on.” – Rick Ross
5. “Life is an operation which is done in a forward direction. One lives toward the future because to live consists inexorably in doing, in each individual life making itself.” – José Ortega y Gasset
6. “Life goes on probably not the way you wanted it to be, but always the way it’s supposed to be.” – Anonymous
7. “Life goes on, even when you think it can’t. Even when you don’t especially want it to.” – Jan Strnad
8. “Sometimes you’re flush, and sometimes you’re bust, and when you’re up, it’s never as good as it seems, and when you’re down, you never think you’ll be up again, but life goes on.” – George Jung
9. “In three words, I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost
10. “The world you live in is imperfect. The weather is unsettled, the mood is changeable, relationships are unstable, jobs are insecure, the future is uncertain, and sometimes nothing seems to go your way. But life will always go on.” – Mouloud Benzadi
Life Goes on Quotes That Will Inspire You to Bounce Back
11. “No matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.” – Maya Angelou
12. “If you quit, you are only punishing yourself because everything else continues. Life goes on, and so should you.” – Anonymous
13. “You can break down and cry, but you have to get back up and start living again because life goes on.” – Anonymous
14. “Allow your life to go on. Do not be trapped inside the hatred and misery of the past. Move on and go on.” – Anonymous
15. “Life goes on not to remind you of your mistakes. Life goes on because it wants you to learn the lessons of your mistakes.” – Anonymous
16. “I am strengthened by my weaknesses. I am brave because of my fears. I am greater because of my mistakes. Life goes on. Forget the past.” – Nishan Panwar
17. “Life goes on. Get over it. You’re still young. It’ll get better.” – David Levithan
18. “You have to take the good with the bad, smile when you are sad, love what you’ve got, and remember what you had. Always forgive but not forget, learn from your mistakes but never regret, people change and things go wrong, just remember life goes on.” – Anonymous
19. “Even though we have been hurt, we must find a way to get through it. Life goes on whether we want it to or not. The world keeps turning no matter how bad we feel. This is why we have to learn how to bounce back and keep moving forward.” – Rashida Rowe
20. “You learn if your mind stays open, and once you can’t learn no more, your mind must be closed. Life goes on, and you keep growing, you know?” – Bobby Womack
21. “Don’t let it break you. No matter how hard it gets, life goes on.” – Anonymous
22. “You fail, and then what? Life goes on. It’s only when you risk failure that you discover things.” – Lupita Nyong’o
Short Life Goes on Quotes
23. “Mistakes do happen, and life goes on.” – Sourav Ganguly
24. “Life goes on. Live it well.” – Anonymous
25. “Life is like the waves on the ocean. It keeps going.” – Anonymous
26. “Life goes on after sorrow, in spite of sorrow, as a defense against sorrow.” – Cornelia Meigs
27. “Things change. Stuff happens. Life goes on.” – Elizabeth Scott
28. “Life goes on is a redundancy. Life is defined by its going on.” – David Levithan
29. “The longer your life goes on, the more death you face.” – Patrick Swayze
30. “Life goes on, but the scars remain.” – Lil Wayne
31. “Life is more than just chess. Though the king dies, life goes on.” – Toba Beta
Life Goes on Quotes to Help You Reflect on the Essentials
32. “No matter what you think, life goes on, and the world still turns, and the universe has its own story. The most we can do is plan anyway, but understand, be humbled by things greater than ourselves.” – Bill Cosby
33. “You cannot be truly humble unless you truly believe that life can and will go on without you.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
34. “I’m not going to hold my breath because life goes on. Life is too short to sit around moaning about what could have been or what was.” – Tina Weymouth
35. “Things end, people leave, and you know what? Life goes on. Besides, if bad things didn’t happen, how would you be able to feel the good ones?” – Elizabeth Scott
36. “We’re all expendable. We think the world’s going to stop when a pope dies or a king. And then, life goes on.” – Sylvester Stallone
37. “Empires collapse, civilizations disappear, health deteriorates, and bodies turn to ash, but life will always go on.” – Mouloud Benzadi
38. “Life is like a road—there are bumps, there are cracks, there are roadblocks, but the only important thing is that it keeps going.” – Anonymous
39. “Whether you choose to move on from your struggles and enjoy life or waddle in your misery, life will continue.” – Germany Kent
40. “Is it dangerous to plan too much? Yes, we all need to plan, to have a plan, but life goes on regardless of our plans, and we know only too well what happens to so many of the best-laid plans of mice and men!” – Leslie W.P. Garland
Life Goes on Quotes for People Who Have Been Hurt
41. “When you lose what you love, remember to stay strong, look out the window, and remember life goes on.” – Drew Chadwick
42. “Sometimes, you regret letting certain people into your life. The harm has already been done. All you can do is learn a lesson from it and move on. Life is too short to spend it on regrets. Life goes on.” – Gloria Lamisi
43. “Life goes on, whether you choose to move on and take a chance in the unknown or stay behind, locked in the past, thinking of what could’ve been.” – Anonymous
44. “There are people in your life who’ve come and gone. They let you down and hurt your pride. Better put it all behind you. Life goes on. You keep carrying that anger, it’ll eat you up inside.” – Don Henley
45. “It’s never nice to lose someone close to you. Unfortunately, life goes on, and we have to make peace with it and move on.” – Francois Hougaard
46. “I have seen how pain does not stifle the hope deep within the human heart and how life goes on, finding new strength even in the midst of difficulties.” – Pope Francis
47. “To be judged for your imperfections is to be judged for being human. Mistakes are made, and life goes on. Don’t let other people change who you are.” – Lee Jameson
Life Goes on Quotes That Will Show You the Honest Truths of Reality
48. “Life will go on in any way possible. Nothing can change that. Not even life itself.” – Anonymous
49. “Life will always go on for it has no reason to stop, but it has the reason to continue.” – Anonymous
50. “Life will go on no matter what happens in the world even after apocalypses itself, life will still go on.” – Anonymous
51. “Life goes on, so people move on. But you can’t move on if you are not willing to say goodbye.” – Anonymous
52. “Life goes on; it is the only thing everybody can be sure about the many uncertainties of life.” – Anonymous
Meaningful Life Goes on Quotes to Live By
53. “Life will keep going even if there are only a few pieces left. Bear that truth in mind.” – Anonymous
54. “Be grateful for all the things that remain with you because you will need them in moving on while life goes on.” – Anonymous
55. “This moment is but another chance to change your life. Cease brooding about the past, realize that life will go on, and go confidently in the direction of your dreams.” – Anonymous
More Life Goes on Quotes That You Should Remember
56. “When the pretty birds have flown, and you feel hurt and alone, be strong and carry on, and remember that life goes on.” – Mouloud Benzadi
57. “She taught me that life goes on and that I had a choice: to lament what I no longer had or be grateful for what remained.” – Louise Penny
58. “God gave us rain to remind us that life will not always be sunny, but it will keep going on.” – Anonymous
59. “One thing is always sure. Life goes on with you or without you, no matter how much you have seen.” – Lalita Tademy
60. “Sometimes, you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be. Life goes on.” – Anonymous
Did These Life Goes on Quotes Inspire You in Your Struggles?
All of us have gone through tough times that made us want to give up. But, we always learn from our darkest experiences that we only have one thing to do—move forward.
We must take the step to keep fighting because life goes on with or without us. It will be hard to get up and rebuild yourself again, but if we just stay in the past, we will never grow and live a meaningful life. So, we must move forward without hurrying every step.
Of course, we must not expect to move forward immediately. Moving on from a painful past will be a complicated process and will take time and tremendous effort. However, we must remember it is a necessary action that all of us must do.
Hopefully, these quotes were able to encourage you to keep going in life. Remember that your struggles make you strong, so never give up!