These top 40 Mrs. Doubtfire quotes highlight how vast and limitless a parent’s love is for their children.
Mrs. Doubtfire is a hilarious American comedy film released in 1993 starring Robin Williams. In the movie, he disguises himself as a nanny to see and take care of his kids even though he and his wife have already divorced.
Though full of wit and laughter, it’s also a timeless piece that explores family love, bonds, and connections. More than that, it gives us a glimpse of how a divorce affects a family. It’s something that can shake an individual’s resolve, as one’s life is completely changed overnight.
There are indeed countless lessons and messages to uncover from this movie. So, make sure you go through our complete collection to learn from the world’s favorite nanny!
See the entire list below.
Best Mrs. Doubtfire Quotes
1. “If there’s love, dear, those are the ties that bind.” – Mrs. Doubtfire
2. “I admire that honesty, Natalie, that’s a noble quality. Never lose that, because it often disappears with age, or entering politics.” – Mrs. Doubtfire
3. “Oh, my dear Katie. You know, some parents, when they’re angry, they get along much better when they don’t live together. They don’t fight all the time, and they can become better people, and much better mummies and daddies for you. And sometimes they get back together. And sometimes they don’t, dear.” – Mrs. Doubtfire
4. “Once the father of your children is out of the picture, the only solution is total and lifelong celibacy.” – Mrs. Doubtfire
5. “No it’s not a job, it’s a joy being your father, I don’t have to play the part of your father, I am your father, I may act like a fool, but I am your father, okay?” – Mrs. Doubtfire
6. “They always say the key to a solid marriage is laughter.” – Mrs. Doubtfire
Mrs. Doubtfire Quotes to Revisit the Film’s Most Heartbreaking Scenes
7. Daniel Hillard: “Sure we do. We love each other. We love each other, don’t we?
Miranda Hillard: “I want a divorce.”
8. “So what do you want me to do? You want me to pretend like everything’s alright? Put on a happy face? Smile? Jesus, Miranda. You took my children away from me. I can only see them now with supervision. Some woman who comes and watches me with the kids like I’m some sort of deviant. If I try to hug ’em, she wonders why. You know what that’s like? You just sat there in that courtroom, you knew the truth, you didn’t say a word and you let that judge pass that despicable sentence.” – Daniel Hillard
9. “Did you ever wish you could sometimes freeze frame a moment in your day, look at it and say ‘this is not my life?’” – Daniel Hillard
10. “Daniel, please don’t joke. We’re far apart. We’re different. We have nothing in common.” – Miranda Hillard
11. “In regards to my behavior, I can only plead insanity, because ever since my children were born, the moment I looked at them, I was crazy about them. And once I held them, I was hooked. I’m addicted to my children, sir. I love them with all my heart, and the idea of someone telling me I can’t be with them, I can’t see them every day—it’s like someone saying I can’t have air. I can’t live without air, and I can’t live without them. Listen, I would do anything. I just want to be with them. You know I need that, sir. We have a history. And I just—they mean everything to me, and they need me as much as I need them. So please, don’t take my kids away from me. Thank you.” – Daniel Hillard
12. “This isn’t a way of life; it’s just a job. I don’t go to old-lady bars or anything like that after work, you know. It’s just the only way I can see you guys every day.” – Mrs. Doubtfire
Mrs. Doubtfire Quotes That Focus on Family
13. “There are all sorts of different families, Katie. Some families have one mommy, some families have one daddy or two families. And some children live with their uncle or aunt. Some live with their grandparents, and some children live with foster parents. And some live in separate homes, in separate neighborhoods, in different areas of the country—and they may not see each other for days, or weeks, months—even years at a time.” – Mrs. Doubtfire
14. “You’re just trying to erase it like it doesn’t exist. You’re trying to destroy the fact that we’re a family.” – Daniel Hillard
15. “Dear, I always say, a flawed husband is better than none at all.” – Mrs. Doubtfire
16. “Mr. and Mrs. Hillard, although these custody proceedings have always tended to favor the mother, we also realize, perhaps now, more than ever, that it is not in a child’s best interest to deprive him or her of an obviously loving father. However, since at the present time, Mr. Hillard has no place to live and no employment, it is the court’s ruling to award sole custody to Mrs. Hillard.” – Judge
17. “Three months in which to get a job, keep it, and create a suitable home. If this proves to be a possibility for you, I will consider a joint-custody arrangement when we reconvene. We’re adjourned.” – Judge
Also read: What Dreams May Come Quotes
Interesting Mrs. Doubtfire Quotes for Those Who Need a Good Laugh
18. “Oh, I don’t mind that dear. I’d love some heavy cooking, but I do have one rule: they’ll only eat good, nutritious food with me. And if there’s any dispute about that, it’s either good, wholesome food or empty tummies. That’s my rule. I hope it’s not too harsh for you, dear.” – – Mrs. Doubtfire
19. “There was a time when I found myself funny, but today you have proven me wrong. Thank you.” – Mrs. Doubtfire
20. “Well, now that you know, you can’t tell Mom, okay? Because if she finds out, I’ll only be able to see you through plate glass. Okay? And we can’t tell Nattie, because she’ll blow my cover. So you have to promise me, it’s just us. All right? You promise?” – Daniel Hillard
21. “Well, we’ll move. That way our problems won’t follow us.” – Daniel Hillard
22. “The fact that Pudgy the Parrot has a cigarette shoved into his mouth is morally irresponsible!” – Daniel Hillard
23. “I hope you bring cocktail sauce. She’s got the crabs, dear, and I don’t mean Dungeness.” – Mrs. Doubtfire
24. “Well, it’s voiceover. It’s an interior monolog. Maybe even the voice of God, that’s even better.” – Daniel Hillard
25. “I just want to know one thing. Are your kids well-behaved? Or do they need a few light slams every now and then?” – Daniel Hillard
Funny Mrs. Doubtfire Quotes
26. “Look at this! My first day as a woman and I’m getting hot flashes.” – Mrs. Doubtfire
27. “I’m a hip old granny who can hip-hop, bebop, dance til ya drop and yo-yo, make a wicked cup of cocoa.” – Mrs. Doubtfire
28. “Why in God’s name are you dressed like a woman?” – Jonathan Lundy
29. “Aw I’m so sorry to frighten you, dear, I must look like a yeti in this getup!” – Mrs. Doubtfire
30. “Touch me again and I’ll drown you, you bastard.” – Mrs. Doubtfire
31. “Hello, boys and girls, today we’re gonna talk about dinosaurs. It’s a dino-sorus line!” – Mrs. Doubtfire
32. “Well, they say a man who has to buy a big car like that is trying to compensate for smaller genitals.” – Mrs. Doubtfire
33. “As you can see, I can’t stay with you, dear. I’m melting like a snow cone in Phoenix.” – Mrs. Doubtfire
34. Miranda Hillard: “Mrs. Doubtfire.”
Mrs. Doubtfire: “What?”
Miranda Hillard: “You’re going into the men’s room.”
Mrs. Doubtfire: “Huh? Oh, so I am. I do need new glasses.”
More Mrs. Doubtfire Quotes That You’ll Enjoy
35. “Dear Miranda, wake up and smell the coffee. Can’t you see the lust in that man’s eyes?” – Mrs. Doubtfire
36. “Oh, sir. I saw it! Some angry member of the kitchen staff, did you not tip them? Oh, the terrorists! They ran that way. It was a run-by fruiting. I’ll get them, sir. Don’t worry.” – Mrs. Doubtfire
37. Mrs. Sellner: “Oh, by the way. Do you have any special skills?”
Daniel Hillard: “Oh, yes, I do. I do voices.”
38. “Isn’t this posh? I’ll bet it’s very exclusive, probably needs a credit reference just to get in the pool.” – Mrs. Doubtfire
39. “Well, I hope you’re up for a little competition. She’s got a power tool in the bedroom, dear. It’s her own personal jackhammer. She could break the sidewalk with that thing. She uses it and the lights dim, it’s like a prison movie. Amazed she hasn’t chipped her teeth.” – Mrs. Doubtfire
40. “What? Well, let’s ask the technicians. Do you think it’s morally right to promote smoking to the youth of America?” – Daniel Hillard
How Far Would You Go to Protect Your Family?
Divorce can be one of the most challenging times for everyone involved. It affects not only the couple but also their children and their extended families. It is critical to make this process easier for every individual by behaving and handling situations maturely.
Mrs. Doubtfire is indeed a film that takes you on an emotional rollercoaster. It takes you through the family’s most heartbreaking situations. At the same time, the characters’ wit and love for their family make us more optimistic about what will happen in the future.
Always remember that love is the most crucial thing that will glue us all together. With that, we hope that this collection was able to help you understand the importance of having a complete and loving family. Your family may not be perfect, but they will give you the love and support you deserve.
So, which quotes piqued your interest? Share them in the comments section below.