Reading one day at a time quotes is a great way to shift your perspective and zoom in on more critical matters in life.
We all thrive in the hustle and bustle of life. Sometimes, we even crave the rush that multiple deadlines bring. However, we must realize that while we’re soaking in the busyness of life, the little things that make life full pass us by.
When we constantly strive to keep up with deadlines, we get stressed and overwhelmed by the number of things we need to do.
To avoid this, remember that we must take things one day at a time. Realize that you’ll accomplish much more and be more productive if you take things step by step!
If it’s your habit to rush things and pack everything on your to-do list into one day, this collection will be perfect for you.
We’re positive it’ll realign your focus and show you how to be more productive at work while living a fuller life.
Best One Day at a Time Quotes
1. “I believe in one day at a time; you’ve got today, that’s what you’ve got.” – Al Pacino
2. “Live one day at a time, unless you can figure out how to live two.” – Dike Browne
3. “Life’s so full that you just take it one day at a time.” – Sheryl Crow
4. “We do the best we can in life, we take things one day at a time, and sometimes we all just need a simple reminder of that.” – Demi Lovato
5. “Take life on life’s terms—one day at a time. And have fun while you’re doing it.” – Joe Perry
6. “Take one day at a time. Today, after all, is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.” – Billy Graham
7. “Life is easier when you take it one day at a time and remember that nothing is permanent.” – Lori Deschene
8. “Live life one day at a time. Share it with people who matter most to you, for life is a little jar of memories. So fill it with people worth remembering.” – Anonymous
9. “Sometimes, life is so bloody that’s the only way you can get through it. But the good bit about living one day at a time is that when nice things happen, you enjoy them more than people who are always thinking about the past or the future.” – Deborah Crombie
10. “The way I do things is I take it one day at a time. Don’t try to put too much pressure or stress on myself figuring out what somebody else is going to do. Just worry about what I got to do.” – Trevor Ariza
One Day at a Time Quotes to Motivate You
11. “We all make mistakes, but none of us are mistakes. Take one day at a time.” – Nick Vujicic
12. “Do your best, one day at a time. That’s good enough.” – Donna Goddard
13. “Take one day at a time. Allow yourself to change.” – Paul Henderson
14. Live one day at a time; better yet, make the most of this moment.” – Joel Osteen
15. The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” – Abraham Lincoln
16. “Everybody is looking for instant success, but it doesn’t work that way. You build a successful life one day at a time.” – Lou Holtz
17. “One day at a time is the secret to building momentum.” – Anonymous
18. “Just keep moving forward, one day at a time. The view from the top is so worth the climb.” – Anonymous
19. “Life is living it one day at a time. You do not live through life wondering what the meaning of life is and why we are here. You also don’t live through life in fast-forward time. Don’t just exist and speed things up, you won’t get anything that way. The reason to be alive is to enjoy life. So go ahead, enjoy it.” – Anonymous
20. “I just take one day at a time, pray, and know that whatever happens is God’s will, so there’s nothing I can do to change that.” – Javon Ringer
Powerful One Day at a Time Quotes for Your Daily Encouragement
21. “You don’t look at the big problem altogether because I think it’s a little intimidating. So you just take it one day at a time, meet the people who are going to meet with you, for you, and who you’re going to work for, and really try to do the best job that you can.” – Sunita Williams
22. “A lot of things have been thrown at me in life, and I’ve got through it all without a rule book, taking it one day at a time.” – Yoko Ono
23. “The whole idea is you can’t sit around and do nothing. You have to get up and start living one day at a time.” – Darlene Love
24. “Everyone is lonely; we have to remember that life is to be lived one day at a time. You cannot worry about the past or future. Happiness is in the now.” – Claudia Gray
25. “Each day means a new 24 hours. Each day means everything’s possible again. You live in the moment, you die in the moment, you take it all one day at a time.” – Day Marie Lu
Also read: Encouragement Quotes
One Day at a Time Quotes to Help You Take Things Step by Step
26. “Don’t look too far into the future; just look at tomorrow. One day at a time.” – Joe Wicks
27. “Life is like an ice cream cone; you have to lick it one day at a time.” – Charles M. Schulz
28. “Life at its essence boils down to one day at a time. Today is the day!” – Jim Stovall
29. “Life is simply a collection of little lives, each lived one day at a time.” – Nicholas Sparks
30. “One day at a time is all we should be dealing with. We can’t go back to yesterday, and we can’t control tomorrow, so live for today.” – Anonymous
31. “Take it one day at a time. Then break that day into small steps. Then focus only on getting the first step all the way to done. And then the next step. That’s how you get the things that matter done every day.” – Anonymous
32. “Live one day at a time. Keep your attention on the present time. Have no expectations. Make no judgments. And give up the need to know why things happen as they do. Give it up!” – Caroline Myss
33. “One day at a time. This is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone, and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering. Happiness is a journey, just as life is. Enjoy the ride.” – Ida Scott Taylor
34. “Take one step at a time. A complex problem can be overwhelming, even when you’ve got your plan mapped out, but remember: the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Just focus on one small goal at a time.” – Dr. Anil Kr Sinha
35. “Living life one day at a time can be a great stress and anxiety-reducer. Just being in the now instead of in the past or a possible future in your mind makes life lighter and simpler.” – Anonymous
Short One Day at a Time Quotes to Serve as Your Mantra
36. “A life well-lived is chosen one day at a time.” – Lysa TerKeust
37. “One breath at a time. One day at a time.” – Jacina Wilder
38. “Live one day at a time and make it a masterpiece.” – Dale West
39. “Always remember that the future comes one day at a time.” – Dean Acheson
40. “Live one day at a time, and never be afraid.” – Tammy Faye Bakker
One Day at a Time Quotes That Will Improve Your Mindset
41. “I believe everything has a solution, and I take it one day at a time or one thing at a time.” – Lisa Vidal
42. “I just take it one day at a time, and it always leads you to the right place.” – Kyle Massey.
43. “There is magic in knocking down your most important domino day after day. All you have to do is avoid breaking the chain, one day at a time, until you generate a powerful new habit in your life.” – Gary W. Keller
44. “Take life one day at a time because every day is a different day with new challenges.” – Penny Streeter
45. “One breath at a time. One day at a time. Wake up, and be shredded. Cry for a while. Then stop crying and go about your day. You’re not okay, but you’re alive, and you will be okay, someday.” – Jasinda Wilder
One Day at a Time Quotes That’ll Remind You to Take It Slow
46. “My parents taught me that life is a burden. But if you take it one day at a time, it’s an easy burden.” – Andrew Young
47. “A battle is a day of your life. So we do one day at a time in self-discovery.” – Frederick Lenz
48. “If people just took it a day at a time, they’d be a lot happier.” – Richard Bachman
49. “Life turns on a dime. You’ve got to live by faith one day at a time.” – Eddie Guerrero
50. “The life of faith is lived one day at a time, and it has to be lived—not always looked forward to as though the real living were around the next corner. It is today for which we are responsible. God still owns tomorrow.” – Elisabeth Elliot
Meaningful One Day at a Time Quotes to Think About
51. “I believe in past lives, but I know nothing about mine, and I don’t want to know. I live in the present, taking one day at a time.” – Uri Geller
52. “I live one day at a time, one day at a time. Yesterday’s gone, and tomorrow is blind, so I live one day at a time.” – Willie Nelson
53. “When people go through something rough in life, they say, ‘I’m taking it one day at a time.’ Yes, so is everybody. Because that’s how time works.” – Hannibal Buress
54. “You never know the plan. You never know what’s going to happen. We are not even promised tomorrow. I just try to focus on one day at a time.” – Morgan Wallen
One Day at a Time Quotes to Elevate Your Mind
55. “Live one day at a time, emphasizing ethics rather than rules.” – Wayne Dyer
56. “The best way to stay grounded is to take it one day at a time.” – Alessia Cara
57. “My philosophy is to take one day at a time. I don’t worry about the future. Tomorrow is even out of sight for me.” – Bobby Darin
58. “One day at a time is all we do. One day at a time is good for you.” – John Lennon
59. “Wholeheartedly do what it takes to awaken your clear-seeing intelligence, but one day at a time, one moment at a time. If we live that way, we will benefit this earth.” – Pema Chodron
60. “This is my report on how to live. They say the best way is just to live one day at a time. If you try to live seven days at a time, the week will be over before you know it.” – Charles M. Schulz
More One Day at a Time Quotes for Everyone Who’s Struggling
61. “Don’t be overwhelmed. Take it one day and one prayer at a time.” – Stormie Omartian
62. “No matter how difficult your situation is, you can get through it if you don’t look too far into the future and focus on the present moment. You can get through anything one day at a time.” – Bob Parsons
63. “The road to recovery will not always be easy, but I will take it one day at a time, focusing on the moments I’ve dreamed about for so long.” – Amanda Lindhout
64. “A good friend of mine once told me that each morning when you wake up, think about winning the day. Don’t worry about a week from now or a month from now—just think about one day at a time. If you are worried about the mountain in the distance, you might trip over the molehill right in front of you. Win the day!” – Drew Brees
65. “The life I’ve been exposed to has let me know what step to take and how not to go back a step. I take life one day at a time, and I prepare myself for each one of those days.” – Chamique Holdsclaw
66. “I just take it one day at a time, try to forget about what I did the day before. Go out there like every day is Opening Day.” – Aaron Judge
67. “I think there are always phases in life when things get intense or difficult, whether it’s the sheer volume of work or personal circumstances. And I’ve definitely had tough moments. The way I approach them is just to tell myself that this, too, will pass and take it one day at a time.” – Marianne Lake
68. “It’s a waste of time to think about what I should have done and what I didn’t. I really believe in that. That’s how I react to the if-onlys of life. To moan and groan about something I shouldn’t have done, could have done, might have done—who knows? It is what it is. You got what you got. I live my life one day at a time.” – Liza Minnelli
69. “I try to live my life one day at a time, and if I look too far in advance, I get really stressed.” – Hope Solo
70. “We live one day at a time and scratch where it itches.” – Darrell Royal
Did These Quotes Help You Realize How Important It Is to Take Things One Day at a Time?
Life will always be our most exciting adventure. It’s full of ups, downs, lefts, rights, and countless upside downs. It’s a fulfilling experience, but if we get caught up in the thick of things, we tend to break down and feel lost—not knowing what step we need to take to get out of our negative situations.
That’s why taking things one day at a time is essential. We’re humans, not robots; we’re not meant to work without time for rest and reflection. It’s normal to get overwhelmed, but keep in mind that you will become much more effective when striving for your goals by taking things slowly.
After all, when you take things slowly, you will be able to prioritize the most urgent and important things on your to-do list. Taking things one day at a time doesn’t only apply to work-related matters, though. You must also incorporate it into your everyday life—from self-care, relationships, and more.
For example, it’ll be hard to move on immediately when you encounter pain and grief. You have to feel your feelings and try to overcome them—one day at a time.
We hope you were able to see just how crucial it is to live life one day at a time. Time is confusing, but thankfully, it helps us balance what we encounter daily. So, take things slowly and remember that you have the time to rest and reflect!