Let these living in the moment quotes stop you from getting caught up in the past and worrying about the future.
When we constantly allow our minds to dwell on the troubles of the past and future, we cause ourselves stress and anxiety.
Living with this kind of mindset will lead us to live with feelings of unhappiness, regret, and dissatisfaction. This is precisely why we need to focus on the present.
By fully grasping what’s happening right in front of us, we can take things one step at a time and avoid getting overwhelmed with everything that’s happening around us.
Moreover, by living in the moment, we ease our worries and can be more grateful and appreciative of each moment.
Sadly, we humans are made to overthink and worry about the past and the present.
So, to help you out, we’ve compiled the best quotes to help you live in the moment!
Best Living in the Moment Quotes
1. “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the now the primary focus of your life.” – Eckhart Tolle
2. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. “Forever is composed of nows.” – Emily Dickinson
4. “We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are.” – Bill Watterson
5. “Live today. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. Just today. Inhabit your moments. Don’t rent them out to tomorrow.” – Jerry Spinelli
6. “The past is behind; learn from it. The future is ahead; prepare for it. The present is here; live it.” – Thomas S. Monson
7. “Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. Trust. Hope. Love. Wish. Believe. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of always focusing on how far you have to go.” – Mandy Hale
8. “The best way to create a better future is to do your best at this very moment.” – Debasish Mridha
9. “The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.” – Buddha
10. “Remember then: there is only one time that is important—now! It is the most important time because it is the only time when we have any power.” – Leo Tolstoy
Famous Quotes About Living in the Moment
11. “Life is a preparation for the future, and the best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none.” – Albert Einstein
12. “Don’t let yesterday use up too much of today.” – Cherokee Indian Proverb
13. “Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed.” – Wayne Dyer
14. “Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary.” – John Keating
15. “I promise myself that I will enjoy every minute of the day that is given me to live.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
16. “If there’s one thing I learned, it’s that nobody is here forever. You have to live for the moment, each and every day—the here, the now.” – Simone Elkeles
17. “You can’t go back to how things were. How you thought they were. All you really have is now.” – Jay Asher
18. “You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.” – Henry David Thoreau
19. “Living in the moment means letting go of the past and not waiting for the future. It means living your life consciously, aware that each moment you breathe is a gift.” – Oprah Winfrey
20. “All that is important is this one moment in movement. Make the moment important, vital, and worth living. Do not let it slip away unnoticed and unused.” – Martha Graham
Living in the Moment Quotes That’ll Inspire You to Seize the Day
21. “Some moments are happy. Some moments are sad. Live each moment. Embrace life!” – Avijeet Das
22. “Now is the only time we have, and the only time we have any control over.” – Richard Carlson
23. “Life is short, and if we enjoy every moment of every day, then we will be happy no matter what happens or what changes along the way.” – Gretchen Bleiler
24. “Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” – Robert Breault
25. “The present moment is filled with joy and happiness. If you are attentive, you will see it.” – Thich Nhat Hahn
26. “Today is the block with which we build.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
27. “Living in the present moment creates the experience of eternity.” – Deepak Chopra
28. “Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” – Oprah Winfrey
29. “As you become more present in your own life, you will begin to enlighten others by your example.” – Germany Kent
30. “Why not just live in the moment, especially if it has a good beat?” – Goldie Hawn
31. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” – Amit Ray
32. “I’m learning how to live in the present and be grateful for what’s working rather than look for the ‘what’s not working’ piece.” – Ali MacGraw
Short Quotes About Living in the Moment
33. “My past and my future depend on today.” – Trevor Hall
34. “The next message you need is always right where you are.” – Ram Dass
35. “Don’t let the past steal your present.” – Cherralea Morgen
36. “Nothing is worth more than this day.” – Kathryn Petras
37. “Live in the moment—not just for the future moment.” – Debasish Mridha
38. “Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.” – Eckhart Tolle
39. “Mindfulness is living in the moment without judging it.” – Debasish Mridha
40. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” – Omar Khayyam
Living in the Moment Quotes to Help You Be Fully Immersed in the Present
41. “Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed.” – Corita Kent
42. “A life without regret can be attained by full awareness of one’s actions in their present moment.” – Michelle D. Rosado
43. “Most humans are never fully present in the now because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, which is never not now.” – Eckhart Tolle
44. “The meeting of two eternities, the past and the future—is precisely the present moment.” – Henry David Thoreau
45. “I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead; tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.” – Groucho Marx
46. “Instead of bracing yourself for the perils of the unknown, embrace the joy that is here, in your present moment.” – Michelle Cruz Rosado
47. “Rejoice in the things that are present; all else is beyond thee.” – Michel de Montaigne
48. “Living in the moment, that’s the first step to having.” – Suh Yoon Lee
49. “The best time for new beginnings is now.” – Anonymous
50. “Live quietly in the moment and see the beauty of all before you. The future will take care of itself.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
More Living in the Moment Quotes for Those Who Need Wise Words
51. “The first recipe for happiness is: avoid too lengthy meditation on the past.” – Andre Maurois
52. “The only way to survive eternity is to be able to appreciate each moment.” – Lauren Kate
53. “When you are here and now, sitting totally, not jumping ahead, the miracle has happened. To be in the moment is the miracle.” – Osho
54. “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” – Buddha
55. “Happiness is achieved when you stop waiting for your life to begin and start making the most of the moment you are in.” – Germany Kent
56. “The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness.” – Abraham Maslow
57. “Today is life—the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto.” – Dale Carnegie
58. “Live in the moment, where everything is just right, take your time and limit your bad memories and you’ll get wherever it is you’re going a lot faster and with less bumps in the road along the way.” – J.A. Redmerski
59. “Life is available only in the present moment. If you abandon the present moment, you cannot live the moments of your daily life deeply.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
60. “Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.” – Ida Scott Taylor
Did These Quotes Show You the Importance of Living in the Moment?
Most of us get preoccupied with happenings in the past and the future that we forget to live in the now. While reflecting on the past and thinking about the future is not bad, dwelling on them too much will adversely affect how you live in the present. If we’re too focused on them, it’ll be more difficult for us to act and make choices.
We must remember that life is not happening in the past and the future. Life is what you’re facing right now. The actions, decisions, and emotions you’re dealing with at the moment are the most important things.
So, starting from today, actively choose to live all your present days fully. Shrug off the negative thoughts you have about the past and the worries you have for the future. Have a strong mentality and solid willpower to make the most out of life right now.
By doing so, you’ll slowly understand how beautiful life’s big and small things are. Aside from this, you will also be more aware of yourself and your goals. So, the next time your mind starts traveling to the past or future, reread this collection and be reminded to live in the moment!