Read the top Pitch Perfect quotes that’ll teach you about friendship, tough times, and more!
Pitch Perfect zooms in on Barden University’s all-female a cappella group, The Barden Bellas. The Bellas were once the biggest champions in numerous singing competitions. But, they’ve been stuck in the same routine for the longest time.
This started to bore the judges and listeners, leading to them losing a competition or two. Change is not something they welcome openly, but they knew they had to make improvements if they wanted to be at the top again.
Everything started to change when Beca, an independent and creative freshman, joined their ranks. As an aspiring DJ, she has a knack for mixing different tunes. With Beca and the new recruits, The Barden Bellas eventually improved their game and built a friendship that would last a lifetime!
If you’re interested and want to learn more about the lessons embedded in the movie, check out our list of Pitch Perfect quotes!
Read on and be inspired to sing along!
Best Pitch Perfect Quotes
1. “Even though some of you are pretty thin, you all have fat hearts—and that’s what matters.” – Fat Amy
2. “I’m an open book. I mean, for God’s sake, you guys all call me Fat Amy. See, I guess I’m just not really living if I’m not 100% honest. And my real name is Fat Patricia.” – Fat Amy
3. “You’re one of those a cappella girls. I’m one of those a cappella boys. And we’re gonna have aca-children. It’s inevitable.” – Jesse
4. Jesse: “I told you, endings are the best part.”
Beca: “You’re such a weirdo.”
5. Chloe: “I have nodes.”
Fat Amy: “Chloe, don’t worry, it’s just God punishing you because you’re a ginger.”
Beca: “Isn’t that painful? Why would you keep performing?”
Chloe: “Because I love to sing.”
6. “If you think this is just some high school club where you can sing and dance your way through any social issue or confused sexuality, you have come to the wrong place. There is none of that here. That’s high school. This shit is real life. Now, don’t just bring it, sing it, and let’s do this.” – Tommy
Famous Pitch Perfect Quotes
7. “I’m gonna kill him! I’m gonna finish him like a cheesecake!” – Fat Amy
8. “Nothing makes a woman feel more like a girl than a man who sings like a boy.” – Gail
9. Beca: “Tell me, what does Judd Nelson eat for breakfast?”
Jesse: “Oh, well, like all misunderstood rebels, he feeds on hypocrisy.”
Jesse: “And black coffee, to help with his morning dumps.”
10. “My father always said, ‘If you’re not here to win, get the hell outta Kuwait.’” – Aubrey
11. “And I solemnly promise to never have sexual relations with a ‘Treblemaker,’ or may my vocal cords be ripped out by wolves.” – Aubrey
12. Aubrey: “I know you have a toner for Jesse.”
Beca: “A what?”
Aubrey: “A toner. A musical boner. I saw it on Hood Night. It’s distracting.”
Beca: “Yeah, that’s not a thing, and you’re not the boss of me.”
13. Aubrey: “The Trebles don’t respect us, and if we let them penetrate us, we are giving them our power.”
Fat Amy: “Not a good enough reason to use the word ‘penetrate.’”
Funny Pitch Perfect Quotes That’ll Make You Laugh
14. “I thought of a new name for this hairstyle. It’s called the orthodox jew ponytail. Because it’s very reserved at the front—but a party in the back.” – Fat Amy
15. “The audience loves the trebles. They tolerate us. We could change the face of a cappella if we—oh my God, that sounded so queerballs. What’s happening to me?” – Beca
16. “You guys are gonna get pitch-slapped so hard, your man boobs are gonna concave.” – Fat Amy
17. Aubrey: “Fat Amy, What are you doing?”
Fat Amy: “I’m horizontal running.”
18. Beca: “You have a little something behind your ear.”
Fat Amy: “Leave it. It fuels my hate fire.”
19. Lilly: “I set fires to feel joy.”
Donald: “That’s adorable.”
Pitch Perfect Quotes to Boost Your Self-Confidence
20. “I’m pretty sure I’m the hot one.” – Fat Amy
21. “I can sing, but I’m also good at modern dance, olden dance, and mermaid dancing which is a little different. You usually start on the ground. It’s a lot of floor work.” – Fat Amy
22. “Oh! Yeah, I’m pretty confident about all of this.” – Chloe
23. “Look, just so you know, I’m not a total nerd. I also happen to be ‘super-into close-up magic.’” – Benjie
24. Jewish Student: “Shalom.”
Fat Amy: “That’s not a real word but keep trying. You will get there.”
Pitch Perfect Quotes That’ll Motivate You to Speak for Yourself
25. Chloe: “What’s your name?”
Fat Amy: “Fat Amy.”
Aubrey: “You call yourself Fat Amy?”
Fat Amy: “Yeah, so twig bitches like you don’t do it behind my back.”
26. “Good luck out there! Seriously, you girls are awesomely horrible. I hate you; kill yourselves. Girl power! Sisters before misters!” – Bumper
27. “A-ca-scuse me? Synchronized lady dancing to a Mariah Carey chart-topper is not lame!” – Aubrey
Pitch Perfect Quotes to Relive Your Favorite Scenes
28. “Hello, my name is Lily Onakuramara. I was born with gills like a fish.” – Lily
29. John: “Another day on stage, Bellas. This is their big plummet.”
Gail: “They fade out.”
John: “Into the nothingness.”
30. Gail: “I think we have just seen some a cappella history being made, John.”
John: “And from an all-female group, Gail. I could never have called this one.”
Gail: “Never. Well, you are a misogynist at heart, so there’s no way you would have bet on these girls to win.”
31. Bumper: “So I have a feeling that we should kiss. Is that feeling a good feeling or an incorrect feeling?”
Fat Amy: “I sometimes have a feeling I can do crystal meth, but then I think, mmm—better not.”
Pitch Perfect Quotes and One-Liners That’ll Forever Be Iconic
32. “A cappella out of sock puppets? Genius!” – Fat Amy
33. “Chloe, could you please get your head out of your ass? It’s not a hat!” – Aubrey
34. “The smell of your weird is actually affecting my vocal cords.” – Bumper
35. “You are probably the most disgusting human being I’ve ever seen.” – Bumper
36. “I’m gonna have to excuse myself to freshen up the downtown.” – Gail
More Pitch Perfect Quotes to Complete Your Day
37. Gail: “Is it me, or did we just take a left turn into Snoozeville?”
John: “Yeah, and we parked in a lot where they do not validate.”
38. Gail: “Whoo, that little peanut can sing!”
John: “He really can. It sounds to me, though, Gail, like his boys haven’t dropped yet, if you know what I mean.”
39. Beca: “You must really sweep your girlfriend off her feet.”
Jesse: “Oh, I don’t have a girlfriend.”
Beca: “What? You have juice pouches and Rocky.”
40. Jesse: “So, what’s your deal? Are you one of those girls who’s all dark and mysterious? Then, she takes off her glasses, and that amazingly scary ear spike, and you realize that, you know, she was beautiful the whole time?”
Beca: “I don’t wear glasses.”
Jesse: “Then you’re halfway there.”
Did This Collection Help You Realize the Importance of Friendship in Your Life?
We can all agree that college is the most memorable stage of our life as students. It lets us experience different kinds of happiness and hardship. This is also the stage where we can find people with whom we can share a lifetime of genuine friendship.
Pitch Perfect opened our eyes to the value of finding people who will be with you through thick and thin. While most believe that friendship is all about the good times, the movie is a reminder that it’s actually the complete opposite. True friendship is shaped by hard, messy, and complicated times.
Even so, keep in mind that no relationship is perfect. There’s always something that’ll test how strong your bond is—even The Barden Bellas got tested. But, despite the fights and misunderstandings, what’s important is that you remain true to your friends.
Hopefully, this list of quotes was able to encourage you to be honest with yourself and build strong friendships throughout your life. Sing along to the tunes and remember that your life’s ending is all up to you!