Looking beyond one’s outer appearance will be challenging, so read through these Pretty in Pink quotes we’ve compiled to guide you!
Pretty in Pink is a movie about navigating love through complex social differences. Many say that love is powerful enough to conquer everything. But, there will still be many challenges that will make you question if you’re strong enough to hold on to it.
There are many movies out there that focus on love. But, what makes Pretty in Pink a classic is that it provides its viewers with lasting lessons that impact how they see the world, even 30 years after it was first released.
So, with the help of this movie, we’ll get a sneak peek of how Andie, Blane, and Duckie, our main protagonists, dealt with their emotions, problems, and disagreements!
They may be fictional characters, but we’re sure you’ll gain many insights from their everyday experiences and conversations. Read on and widen your knowledge on love and more through this list of the best Pretty in Pink quotes we’ve gathered below!
Check out the list below.
Best Pretty in Pink Quotes
1. “You know, it’s so insane that someone you’ve never met, never talked to, can be your enemy.” – Andie Walsh
2. “You said you couldn’t be with someone who didn’t believe in you. Well, I believed in you. I just didn’t believe in me. I love you—always.” – Andie Walsh
3. “Money really means nothing to me. Do you think I’d treat my parents’ house this way if it did?” – Steff McKee
4. “If somebody doesn’t believe in me, I can’t believe in them.” – Andie Walsh
5. “Drinking and driving don’t mix. That’s why I ride a bike.” – Duckie Dale
6. “If you give off signals that you don’t want to belong, people will make sure that you don’t.” – Principal
7. “You couldn’t buy her, though; that’s what’s killing you, isn’t it? Stef? That’s it, Stef. She thinks you’re sh*t. And deep down, you know she’s right.” – Blane McDonagh
8. “I just want them to know that they didn’t break me.” – Andie Walsh
9. “Whether or not you face the future, it happens, right?” – Duckie Dale
Pretty in Pink Quotes for All the Romantics Out There
10. Andie Walsh: “May I admire you?”
Duckie Dale: “If you wish!”
11. Duckie Dale: “This is a really volcanic ensemble you’re wearing. It’s really marvelous.”
Andie Walsh: “Volcanic?”
Duckie Dale: “Well, you know, hot, dangerous.”
12. “May I admire you again today?” – Duckie Dale
13. Duckie Dale: “So what, you’re going to go out with this guy? Is this like a date or something?”
Andie Walsh: “Yeah. You’ll like him. He’s not like the other guys, seriously.”
Duckie Dale: “No, no! You—you really pissed me off, Andie, ’cause you know they sh*t on everybody, including you!”
Andie Walsh: “Who’s sh*tting on me? I’m not gonna let anybody sh*t on me!”
Duckie Dale: “He’s just gonna use your *ss and throw you away! God, I would’ve died for you.”
Humorous Pretty in Pink Quotes to Make You Smile
14. “It’s called a sense of humor. You should get one—they’re nice.” – Duckie Dale
15. Duckie Dale: “Now, what now?”
Andie Walsh: “Bed.”
Duckie Dale: “Yours or mine? Ours?”
Andie Walsh: “Nice try.”
16. Andie Walsh: “What are you doing?”
Duckie Dale: “I had to use the bathroom, so I figured I’d come in the back.”
Andie Walsh: “I’m sure there are bathrooms all over the place!”
Duckie Dale: “I’m not nine, Andie, I know that.”
17. Andie Walsh: “So what do you want to drink?”
Duckie Dale: “Oh, you know, beer, scotch, juice box—whatever.”
18. “Good Morning! Welcome to another day of higher education!” – Duckie Dale
19. “We don’t have none of this stuff in the boy’s room! Wait a minute! We don’t got none of this—we don’t got doors on the stalls in the boy’s room, we don’t have, what is this? What’s this? We don’t have a candy machine in the boy’s room!” – Duckie Dale
Pretty in Pink Quotes That You Will Relate To
20. “I’m not particularly concerned with whether or not you like me because I live to like you and—and I can’t like you anymore.” – Duckie Dale
21. “My girlfriend is in there, and I’m out here. Well, she’s a girl, and she’s my friend, so she’s a girlfriend. But she’s in there, and I’m out here! I mean, you’re a sensitive, sexually potent guy. You gotta know how that hurts!” – Duckie Dale
22. Andie Walsh: “Are you going to class today?”
Duckie Dale: “I don’t know if I’m emotionally ready.”
23. “This is an incredibly romantic moment, and you’re ruining it for me!” – Duckie Dale
Pretty in Pink Quotes That You Should Not Miss Out On
24. Andie Walsh: “You know you’re talking like that just because I’m going out with Blane.”
Duckie Dale: “His name is Blane? Oh! That’s a major appliance; that’s not a name!”
25. Andie Walsh: “Well, not nothing. I mean, I kissed him.”
Iona: “Anywhere interesting?”
26. Steff McKee: “C’mon, I’m talking about more than just sex here.”
Andie Walsh: “No, you’re not.”
Steff McKee: “You know, I’ve been out with a lot of girls at this school. I don’t see what makes you so different.”
Andie Walsh: “Well, I have a taste.”
Steff McKee: “You’re a b*tch.”
27. Andie Walsh: “You’re a liar! You’re a filthy, f*cking, no-good liar. You don’t have the guts to tell me the truth. Just say it!”
Blane McDonagh: “I’m not lying.”
Andie Walsh: “Tell me!”
Blane McDonagh: “What do you want to hear?”
Andie Walsh: “Tell me!”
Blane McDonagh: “What?”
Andie Walsh: “You’re ashamed to be seen with me.”
Blane McDonagh: “No, I am not!”
Andie Walsh: “You’re ashamed to go out with me. You’re terrified that your godd*mn rich friends won’t approve. Just say it! Just tell me the truth!”
Blane McDonagh: “You don’t understand, Andie. It has nothing at all to do with you.”
More Pretty in Pink Quotes for Fans of the Movie
28. “Ah, ladies. Ladies. I may be able to work out a deal where either one of you or the both of you could be pregnant by the holidays. What do you say?” – Duckie Dale
29. “That girl was, is, and always will be nada!” – Steff McKee
30. “I know I’m old enough to be his mother, but when the Duck laid that kiss on me last night, I swear my thighs just went up in flames. He must practice on melons or something.” – Iona
Can You Relate to Andie Walsh’s Experiences?
Beyond the message of love, Pretty in Pink also talks about acceptance. Through the scenes we’ve watched and the lines we’ve read, we understand that our status in life should not define who we are. More than that, it should also not be the basis of how our partner chooses whether or not to be with us.
Love is the main driving force of any relationship—platonic or romantic. Your bond should have enough love to establish trust, respect, and complete understanding. Without it, everything will crumble, no matter how wealthy, beautiful, or powerful we are.
In the movie, Andie becomes somewhat intimidated by her surroundings and the people around her. But, she remained true to herself and remained as authentic as possible. She knew who she was, what she wanted, and what she deserved.
So, don’t let yourself—or your relationships—be steered by what others say. Remember that love will only blossom if you accept who you are entirely and who your partner is for who they are.
We hope that these Pretty in Pink quotes were able to remind you that you are enough—no matter what other people say. Remember, love yourself first before you love others. After all, at the end of the day, you are self-sufficient, strong, and independent!