These Selena Gomez quotes are your signs of starting living life with more purpose and less fear.
We live in a world covered in hatred, sadness, and many other negative emotions. But, we must remember that beyond the darkness lies positive things like happiness, contentment, love, and hope. These things are what Selena Gomez embodies as a person and an artist.
She’s gone through so much in the recent years—from her very public split with Justin Bieber, her lupus diagnosis and treatment, and many more. Still, she rose and continues to fight each day for the things that really matter to her.
Her experiences and emotions, translated into meaningful lyrics, are some of the things that make us feel closer to her.
Even if you aren’t a fan of hers, we’re sure you’ll enjoy this list of the best Selena Gomez quotes we’ve created. Read on and find a quote that you feel changed your life!
Learn about her and what she truly values through the list below.
Best Selena Gomez Quotes
1. “Success is nothing if you don’t have the right people to share it with; you’re just gonna end up lonely.”
2. “People are put into your life for seasons, for different reasons, and to teach you lessons.”
3. “Everything happens for a reason, and something better will come along for me!”
4. “If you are able to look yourself in the mirror every day with the decisions that you make, that’s where power starts.”
5. “It’s all about baby steps and trying to figure out how to slowly, elegantly become an adult.”
6. “When people ask me if there’s something that I would tell my younger self, I always said, ‘Go ahead and do it.’”
7. “What makes you different is what makes you beautiful.”
8. “I live my life, and nothing is going to dictate how I feel unless I let it.”
Famous Selena Gomez Quotes
9. “All the people who knock me down only inspire me to do better.”
10. “You are who you surround yourself with. I know that’s such a cliche quote, but it’s true.”
11. “Nobody really knows everything, and they can only assume.”
12. “There’s nothing wrong with a woman being comfortable, confident.”
13. “I just want to be happy. If that’s me just being myself, then I don’t really care.”
14. “I am in competition with no one. I have no desire to play the game of being better than anyone. I am simply trying to be better than the person I was yesterday.”
Powerful Selena Gomez Quotes to Push You Forward
15. “Being yourself is all it takes. If you want to impress someone, don’t be someone else; just be yourself.”
16. “You are not defined by an Instagram photo, by a like, by a comment. That does not define you.”
17. “I always tell people that if you have something you’re really passionate about, don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do it.”
18. “I’ve learned there’s power deep down inside yourself, and you can find it when you don’t give up on yourself and when you ask for help.”
19. “I think it’s healthy to gain a perspective on who you are deep down, question yourself, and challenge yourself; it’s important to do that.”
20. “I think it’s important for girls to know the strength in everything, their identity, and their soul lies within themselves. And too much today, you give that away so easily, from social media to school or relationships. And I think it’s important—I want to remind girls that they’re perfectly strong the way they are.”
Selena Gomez Quotes on Love
21. “I think love is blind. You don’t see it; you don’t hear what people are saying or what you’re saying. You don’t see what you’re doing. All you see is the person in front of you. That’s it.”
22. “If you love something, set it free. And if it really loves you, it will find a way to come back.”
23. “I have a right to live my life and just be me with whoever I choose. We just do the best we can.”
24. “Trust yourselves. Love and be loved.”
25. “I believe in love. Yes, I’m one of those girls. Most of my friends believe in love.”
26. “You fall in love, and it completely consumes you. So a part of you is broken when that’s gone. And part of you wants to have that rebellious feeling where you’re just like, ‘Forget it—I can do anything I want.’ I’ve tried it, and I’ve never been that girl. I’m always going to be the girl you want to take home to your parents, not for the night.”
Selena Gomez Quotes That Will Guide You in Life
27. “We only have one life, and it is very precious, and there’s a lot we can do, and there’s a lot we should do.”
28. “You can’t be afraid of what people are going to say because you’re never going to make everyone happy.”
29. “People are going to bring you down because of your drive. But, ultimately, it makes you a stronger person to turn your cheek and go the other way.”
30. “If you have three people in your life that you can trust, you can consider yourself the luckiest person in the whole world.”
31. “The older I’ve gotten, the more I’ve learned that I have to open myself up to all opportunities. Maybe I’ll get burned and not meet the right people, but I won’t know until I do it.”
32. “It’s okay not to know what you want to do with the rest of your life. It’s a journey to find your direction or your passion, so don’t get frustrated by the mistakes and setbacks, as they happen to all of us.”
33. “I realize everybody wants what they don’t have. But at the end of the day, what you have inside is much more beautiful than what’s on the outside!”
Short Selena Gomez Quotes to Show Her Beautiful Personality
34. “Authenticity is my life.”
35. “You have the right to live a beautiful life.”
36. “Live like there’s no tomorrow.”
37. “I may not be perfect, but I’m always me.”
38. “My strength is translating emotion because I’m such a feeler.”
39. “I don’t know how to be anything but myself.”
Selena Gomez Quotes for Everyone Who Needs a Boost
40. “I feel very empowered and confident and comfortable with where I am.”
41. “I’m human, so of course, certain things sometimes hurt. I just laugh at it.”
42. “I promise you that each and every one of you is made to be who you are, and that’s what’s so attractive and beautiful.”
43. “Never look back. If Cinderella had looked back and picked up the shoe, she would have never found her prince.”
Selena Gomez Quotes That You Can Relate To
44. “It’s about being strong, which means being comfortable with who I am. I think women, especially my age, can relate. You’re figuring out who you are, and there are so many different levels of emotions that you go through. The best is when you feel confident, beautiful, and comfortable with yourself.”
45. “I believe in second chances, but I don’t believe in third or fourth chances. I love talking through things, and I always want to make things work if I really love someone, but eventually, if they can’t fix whatever is wrong, or if they’ve done something and then they continue to do it, they’re probably not going to change for anybody. You can’t change a person.”
46. “I don’t think I took the time to notice how being a woman in my position is really a gift. I want to make sure I utilize all that power.”
47. “I’m at a place in my life where I know what I deserve and what I don’t deserve, so I just want to make sure I can be the best I can be.”
More Selena Gomez Quotes That All Her Fans Will Love
48. “Music just affects people’s feelings. It brings out emotions in you and makes you happy and sad.”
49. “I love what I do, and I always make sure to tell my fans I’m not perfect, so don’t think I am. I make mistakes. I’m human, and we all are. But I try to be the best I can be, and that’s all I really can do.”
50. “The reason why I’ve become so vocal about the trials and tribulations of my life is because people were already going to narrate that for me. I wasn’t going to have a choice because of how fast everything moves now. And most of the time, yes, it’s not true, or it’s an embellished version of what the truth is. I want to be able to tell my story the way that I want to tell it.”
How Similar Do You Think You Are to Selena Gomez?
Often, we look at celebrities as entirely different beings. The lifestyles they lead are so contrasted with our daily lives that we just can’t begin to comprehend what goes on in theirs, day in and day out. Because of this, we forget that celebrities like Selena Gomez are still humans like us—with everyday struggles and pains, too.
Selena Gomez continues to face many roadblocks in her career, but she deals with them with poise and grace. What’s essential and what’s not are so clear to her that she never veers away from her true purpose. She puts her happiness first, above all else, and makes sure that she never compromises it for anything.
By doing so, she’s able to live through her life in a carefree manner. She lives her life with beauty, purpose, and love. This undoubtedly propels her toward success; having a never-ending drive to impact the world positively helps, too!
No doubt, Selena Gomez is an inspiration to the young generation. We are all motivated and encouraged to move forward with her life-changing wisdom as a guide. So, if you need another boost further down the line, make sure you revisit this collection of her best quotes!
Which of these Selena Gomez quotes are your favorites? Which quotes gave you a new and improved mindset? Please, share your thoughts below.