Let these shine quotes inspire you to burn brightly and light up the whole world by being yourself.
Shining doesn’t mean you have to do big things and change the world. Some of us may think it involves bringing something significant to the table, but what it really means is doing your best and showing your genuine self.
After all, being yourself can send ripples in the lives of others, too!
In life, it is inevitable to have those moments when we want to push our limits and work ourselves out to be better.
This is why everyone can relate to the overwhelming urge to shine brightly and leave a lasting impression on the people around us.
So, if you need some guidance, then this collection is for you!
Keep reading below to inspire and motivate yourself to shine and spark a light in someone else as well.
Let’s get started.
Best Shine Quotes
1. “Let your light shine. Shine within you so that it can shine on someone else. Let your light shine.” – Oprah Winfrey
2. “We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won’t need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don’t fire cannons to call attention to their shining. They just shine.” – Dwight L. Moody
3. “Shine your light and make a positive impact on the world. There is nothing so honorable as helping improve the lives of others.” – Roy T. Bennett
4. “Be noble like the sun. Let even those who resent you for shining benefit from your warmth.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
5. “As we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence actually liberates others.” – Marianne Williamson
6. “If you want to shine like a sun, first burn like a sun.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
7. “To shine your brightest light is to be who you truly are.” – Roy T. Bennett
8. “As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
9. “Simply shine your light on the road ahead, and you are helping others to see their way out of darkness.” – Katrina Mayer
10. “Never dull your shine for somebody else.” – Tyra Banks
Shine Bright Quotes
11. “Nothing can dim the light that shines from within.” – Maya Angelou
12. “A star does not compete with other stars around it. It just shines.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
13. “To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your path, and don’t worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. “Shine with all you have. When someone tries to blow you out, just take their oxygen and burn brighter.” – Katelyn S. Bolds
15. “Let your light shine today, and let your personality blossom too. You don’t have to be a people-pleaser, just a people-lover.” – Beth Moore
16. “Your work is to discover who you are, and then, with all your heart, give your light to the world.” – Jennifer Williamson
17. “Your need for acceptance can make you invisible in this world. Don’t let anything stand in the way of the light that shines through this form. Risk being seen in all of your glory.” – Jim Carrey
18. “If you want to give a light to others, you have to glow yourself.” – Thomas S. Monson
19. “Stars don’t shine because they want to be seen. They shine because they are stars.” – Alexander den Heijer
20. “Give it all you’ve got, and you’ll shine like you didn’t even think you would.” – Anonymous
21. “Accept your light and let it shine to create your own lighthouse on a stormy night.” – Pauline Duncan-Thrasher
22. “Do not allow others to diminish your light due to their own fears and insecurities. Instead, let your light shine so brightly that you illuminate a pathway for others to find their way out of the darkness!” – Dr. Stacey A. Maxwell
23. “You shine today. Tomorrow, it will be someone else. This continues till there is brightness everywhere.” – Anonymous
24. “You don’t need anyone. You’re like a star. Stars shine from within. They don’t need anything else.” – Layla Hagen
Positive Shine Quotes
25. “Life isn’t just about darkness or light. Rather, it’s about finding the light within the darkness.” – Landon Parham
26. “Shine your light on love and truth, and your soul will glow.” – Anthony D. Williams
27. “And like a colorful bloom of temporary lights in the sky, you will shine.” – Chad Sugg
28. “Brightness always begins with some darkness which makes it worth the moment.” – Anonymous
29. “You shine to prove yourself, not because someone expects you to.” – Anonymous
30. “Sunshine and happiness go together like fish and chips!” – Catherine Pulsifer
31. “In the midst of darkness, light persists.” – Mahatma Gandhi
32. “Let light shine through the cracks in the armor of your staunchest beliefs.” – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
33. “When you possess light within, you see it externally.” – Anaïs Nin
34. “Do what makes your soul shine.” – Anonymous
35. “But somewhere on the great world, the sun is always shining, and, just so sure as you live, it will sometime shine on you.” – Myrtle Reed
36. “The more light you allow within you, the brighter the world you live in will be.” – Shakti Gawain
37. “Your time has come to shine. All your dreams are on their way.” – Simon & Garfunkel
38. “There is no darkness so dense, so menacing, or so difficult that it cannot be overcome by light.” – Vern P. Stanfill
Also read: Smile Quotes
Poetic Shine Quotes to Help You Feel Your Emotions
39. “‘You are a light,’ she replies gently, ‘And when you shine, you shine bright.'” – Marie Lu
40. “It’s hard to be a bright light in a dim world.” – Gary Starta
41. “So shine on through these days we have to fill.” – John the Apostle
42. “Don’t tell me the moon is shining. Show me the glint of light on broken glass.” – Anton Chekhov
Shine Quotes That You Can Apply in Life
43. “If you want the beautiful moments to shine, you have to contrast that with dark and gruesome moments. That’s the way life is.” – Tony DiTerlizzi
44. “Unless you glow, the world cannot see your presence.” – Anonymous
45. “Ours is the responsibility to keep our lights bright for others to see and follow.” – Thomas S. Monson
46. “Don’t let someone dim your light simply because it’s shining in their eyes.” – Anonymous
47. “Yeah, we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun.” – John Lennon
48. “You don’t wait for the brightness to shine on you. Instead, you go towards it and find it.” – Anonymous
49. “The shine in you starts vanishing as you start giving up.” – Anonymous
50. “A soul is always shining underneath. The body has to express it.” – Anonymous
51. “Better to illuminate than merely to shine to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.” – Thomas Aquinas
Short Shine Quotes
52. “Show up, shut up, and shine.” – Stephanie Savage
53. “The sun also shines on the wicked.” – Seneca the Elder
54. “Positive energy makes a person shine from within.” – Anonymous
55. “When the sun shines, you let it shine on you.” – Gayle Forman
56. “When you shine bright, some won’t enjoy the shadow you cast.” – Talib Kweli
57. “You can turn off the sun, but I’m still gonna shine!” – Jason Mraz
58. “The closer we get to being who we are meant to be, the brighter we shine.” – Anonymous
Enlightening Shine Quotes on Darkness
59. “In the darkest moments of your life, there are stars shining bright.” – Anonymous
60. “Stars prove that you can shine even in the dark.” – Anonymous
61. “In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.” – Francis Bacon
62. “Small lights have a way of being seen in a dark world.” – Neal A. Maxwell
63. “Let your star shine so bright such that those still in darkness can finally see the light.” – Gift Gugu Mona
Rise and Shine Quotes
64. “Rise, sparkle, and shine, darling.” – Anonymous
65. “Rise and shine and give God the glory.” – Anonymous
66. “Rise up. Be confident and brave and shine.” – Anonymous
67. “Rise and shine, there’s an adventure waiting.” – Anonymous
More Shine Quotes to Put You in a Good Mood
68. “I’ll shine. Shine brighter than ever. The ones expecting me to break will watch me fly again.” – Anonymous
69. “We’ll let the sunshine in and shine on us because today we’re happy, and tomorrow we’ll be even happier.” – Dan Quayle
70. “And when the night is cloudy, there is still a light that shines on me. Shine on until tomorrow. Let it be.” – Paul McCartney
What Made You Want to Shine Brightly?
Everyone desires to make something out of themselves and let their light shine brightly. But, it doesn’t mean that we all have the same motivations that drive us to be better.
Some people have their loved ones, and others have ideologies that fire them up to keep moving toward their dreams. But, what really matters is how sustainable it is because passion is not enough to help you shine and burn brightly for long. We must find the long-standing determination to progress and develop inside ourselves.
Hopefully, our quotes were able to make you reflect on your motivations and encouraged you to shine every single day. Remember to revisit our collection whenever you need some inspiring words to start your day.
Which shine quote is your favorite? Do you have more quotes to add to the collection? Leave a comment below!