Discover the value of happiness and expression by reading these top 100 smile quotes.
Life will always be tough and challenging, so greeting your days with a smile is already a big sign of hope and strength.
Moreover, incorporating smiles into our daily lives is vital because it impacts the world enough to change it.
Showing someone a smile reflects compassion, openness, and warmth.
Without smiles, the world would be cold and empty, and we would never form connections with other people.
So, if you need some inspiration to practice the habit of smiling more, no matter how hard life can be, then add this to your must-read list now.
Our collection below contains wise and enlightening words about smiles.
We’re sure you’ll pick up a valuable insight or two to live by!
Let’s get started.
Best Smile Quotes
1. “Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” – Mother Teresa
2. “A simple smile. That’s the start of opening your heart and being compassionate to others.” – Dalai Lama
3. “Peace begins with a smile.” – Mother Teresa
4. “The greatest self is a peaceful smile that always sees the world smiling back.” – Bryant H. McGill
5. “Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.” – Thích Nhất Hạnh
6. “A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.” – William Arthur Ward
7. “Smile is the beauty of the soul.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
8. “Smile, breathe, and go slowly.” – Thích Nhất Hạnh
9. “Keep smiling because life is a beautiful thing, and there’s so much to smile about.” – Marilyn Monroe
10. “A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks.” – Charles Gordy
11. “When there are clouds in the sky, you’ll get by if you smile through your fear and sorrow.” – John Turner and Geoffrey Parsons
12. “Smile. It is the key that fits the lock of everybody’s heart.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
Famous Smile Quotes
13. “Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.” – Mother Teresa
14. “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
15. “If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.” – Dolly Parton
16. “We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.” – Mother Teresa
17. “Smile, it’s free therapy.” – Douglas Horton
18. “Learn to smile at every situation. See it as an opportunity to prove your strength and ability.” – Joe Brown
19. “I was smiling yesterday. I am smiling today, and I will smile tomorrow. Simply because life is too short to cry for anything.” – Santosh Kalwar
20. “A smile is the universal welcome.” – Max Eastman
21. “There is fear when frowning. There is love when smiling.” – Maxime Lagacé
22. “Smiling is the best way to face every problem, to crush every fear, and to hide every pain.” – Will Smith
23. “Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
24. “When things are difficult, smile by faith. Don’t wait until you feel better.” – Joel Osteen
25. “The world always looks brighter from behind a smile.” – Anonymous
26. “Smile, smile, smile at your mind as often as possible. Your smiling will considerably reduce your mind’s tearing tension.” – Sri Chinmoy
27. “Smile at strangers, and you just might change a life.” – Steve Maraboli
Short Smile Quotes to Read When You Feel Down
28. “Smile more. Smiling can make you and others happy.” – Roy T. Bennett
29. “I love those who can smile in trouble.” – Leonardo da Vinci
30. “Everyone smiles in the same language.” – George Carlin
31. “A smile doesn’t always stand for a perfect life.” – Faraaz Kazi
32. “You shouldn’t ever regret something that made you smile.” – Bei Maejor
33. “A smile is the chosen vehicle of all ambiguities.” – Herman Melville
34. “Children show me in their playful smiles the divine in everyone.” – Michael Jackson
35. “You’ll find that life is still worthwhile if you just smile.” – Charlie Chaplin
36. “A smiling face is a beautiful face. A smiling heart is a happy heart.” – Dr. T.P. Chia
37. “Strong people are ones who can smile for others’ happiness.” – Veronica Purcell
38. “If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love.” – Maya Angelou
39. “A smile cures the wounding of a frown.” – William Shakespeare
40. “A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.” – Phyllis Diller
41. “Nothing shakes the smiling heart.” – Santosh Kalwar
42. “The source of a true smile is an awakened mind.” – Thích Nhất Hạnh
Meaningful Smile Quotes to Help You Live Your Life Fully
43. “When a new day begins, dare to smile gratefully.” – Steve Maraboli
44. “If we are not able to smile, then the world will not have peace.” – Thích Nhất Hạnh
45. “A smile puts you on the right track. A smile makes the world a beautiful place. When you lose your smile, you lose your way in the chaos of life.” – Roy T. Bennett
46. “There are hundreds of languages in the world but a smile speaks them all.” – Anonymous
47. “Before you put on a frown, make absolutely sure there are no smiles available.” – Jim Beggs
48. “A smile is the best way to get away with trouble even if it’s a fake one.” – Masashi Kishimoto
49. “Smile. Have you ever noticed how easily puppies make human friends? Yet all they do is wag their tails and fall over.” – Walter Inglis Anderson
50. “Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
Smile Quotes That Will Brighten Your Day
51. “A gentle word, a kind look, a good-natured smile can work wonders and accomplish miracles.” – William Hazlitt
52. “Just for today, smile a little more.” – James A. Murphy
53. “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” – Thích Nhất Hạnh
54. “When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.” – Anonymous
55. “Share your smile with the world. It’s a symbol of friendship and peace.” – Christie Brinkley
56. “You haven’t lost your smile at all. It’s right under your nose. You just forgot it was there.” – Tom Wilson
57. “Smile. Be open and welcoming.” – Ephraim Buchwald
58. “A smile remains the most inexpensive gift I can bestow on anyone, and yet, its powers can vanquish kingdoms.” – Og Mandino
59. “Your smile will give you a positive countenance that will make people feel comfortable around you.” – Les Brown
60. “Use your smile to change the world. Don’t let the world change your smile.” – Chinese Proverb
61. “What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure, but scattered along life’s pathway, the good they do is inconceivable.” – Joseph Addison
62. “Smiling is definitely one of the best beauty remedies. If you have a good sense of humor and a good approach to life, that’s beautiful.” – Rashida Jones
63. “Smile from your heart. Nothing is more beautiful than a person who is happy to be herself.” – Kubbra Sait
64. “When someone is rude, keep a smile on your face. When you stay on the high road and keep your joy, you take away their power.” – Joel Osteen
65. “It only takes a split second to smile and forget, yet to someone that needed it, it can last a lifetime.” – Steve Maraboli
Smile Quotes for Instagram Captions
66. “Everywhere you go, take a smile with you.” – Sasha Azevedo
67. “A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear.” – Marilyn Monroe
68. “You are not fully dressed until you wear a smile.” – Evan Esar
69. “All the statistics in the world can’t measure the warmth of a smile.” – Chris Hart
70. “Keep a smile on your face and let your personality be your autograph.” – Anonymous
71. “Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.” – Mark Twain
72. “Smile at the obstacle, for it is a bridge.” – Medusa
73. “The robbed that smiles steals something from the thief.” – William Shakespeare
74. “It’s hard not to feel happy when you make someone smile.” – Roy T. Bennett
75. “If you smile when you are alone, then you really mean it.” – Andy Rooney
76. “One smile speaks louder than a hundred words.” – Abhijit Naskar
77. “It seems to me that what we call beauty in a face lies in the smile.” – Leo Tolstoy
78. “Nothing you wear is more important than your smile.” – Connie Stevens
79. “Everyone should smile. Life really isn’t that serious.” – Arian Foster
80. “An enigmatic smile is worth 10 pages of dialogue.” – Connie Brockway
81. “All the statistics in the world can’t measure the warmth of a smile.” – Chris Hart
Deep Smile Quotes That Are Packed With Wisdom
82. “Smiling doesn’t necessarily mean you’re happy. Sometimes it just means you’re strong.” – Anonymous
83. “More can be taught with a single smile than with a whole year’s worth of lessons.” – Anthony T. Hincks
84. “Beauty is power. A smile is its sword.” – John Ray
85. “The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” – Thomas Paine
86. “The living should smile for the dead cannot.” – George R.R. Martin
87. “You don’t have to be happy to smile.” – Daniel Willey
88. “Withhold a smile only when the smile can hurt someone. Otherwise, let it bloom forth in a riot.” – Vera Nazarian
89. “Better by far you should forget and smile than that you should remember and be sad.” – Christina Rossetti
90. “A smile is a friend maker.” – Bangambiki Habyarimana
91. “If someone is too tired to give you a smile, leave one of your own because no one needs a smile as much as those who have none to give.” – Samson Raphael Hirsch
92. “If you’re not using your smile, you’re like a man with a million dollars in the bank and no checkbook.” – Les Giblin
93. “Anyone can smile on their best day. I like to meet a man who can smile on his worst.” – Lauren Graham
94. “I like to smile. I smile even when I’m nervous since it calms me down and shows my friendliness.” – Yani Tseng
95. “People seldom notice old clothes if you wear a big smile.” – Lee Mildon
96. “Smiling makes people feel good and positive, conveying a sense of goodwill, rapport, and trust.” – Dr. T.P. Chia
Smile Quotes to Help You Start Your Day on a Positive Note
97. “Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.” – W.C. Fields
98. “It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like the morning light, it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
99. “Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning, and you’ll start to see a big difference in your life.” – Yoko Ono
100. “Always wear a smile sometime during the day. It makes you feel happier and younger.” – Kylie Bax
Which Quote Put a Smile on Your Lips?
Smiling is one of the most positive things you can do in your daily life. Even after a stressful or sad day, putting it on your face and curving your mouth upward can significantly change your mood and outlook toward life.
Most of us may think that smiling is only for people who are genuinely happy. But, even with all the negative emotions you have, you can always choose to smile. In fact, choosing to do this at your lowest points is a sign of great strength and resilience—qualities that not many people have.
So, we hope that these quotes were able to make you think about the benefits of smiling. Remember that nothing is hard enough to stop you from putting a smile on your face. Hopefully, our collection was able to help you realize that.
Which smile quote is your favorite? Did it inspire you? Leave a comment below.