Get ready to equip yourself with knowledge on love, friendship, and life through this collection of the best SpongeBob quotes.
SpongeBob SquarePants, or simply SpongeBob, is one of the longest-running cartoons aired in the United States. It’s been on the air for so long that there’s no denying how much of an influence it has on an entire generation!
Those who grew up watching SpongeBob can no doubt quote his best lines along with Squidward, Patrick, and the other characters’ lines! Still, there are so many instances in the series where you’ll just outright think it’s not making sense.
However, if you pay attention, there’s no contesting the lessons that SpongeBob has for all its viewers. Just Patrick and SpongeBob’s friendship alone is something we can all learn from and aspire to have.
So, if you want to travel back to Bikini Bottom, read the complete list of SpongeBob quotes below. We’re positive you’ll find all your favorites here, too!
And don’t forget to check out these Patrick Star quotes and Squidward quotes.
Best SpongeBob Quotes
1. “If you believe in yourself, with a tiny pinch of magic, all your dreams can come true!” – SpongeBob SquarePants
2. “The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma.” – Patrick Star
3. “Hmmm, a five-letter word for happiness: money.” – Mr. Krabs
4. “Home is where you’re surrounded by other critters that care about you.” – Sandy Cheeks
5. “With imagination, you can be anything you want.” – SpongeBob SquarePants
Famous SpongeBob Quotes
6. SpongeBob SquarePants: “What’s better than serving up smiles?”
Squidward Tentacles: “Being dead or anything else.”
7. “Krusty Krab Pizza—it’s the pizza for you and me!” – SpongeBob SquarePants
8. “Goodbye, everyone. I’ll remember you all in therapy.” – Plankton
9. “Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are.” – Patrick Star
Inspirational SpongeBob Quotes
10. “Sometimes, we have to go deep inside ourselves to solve our problems.” – Patrick Star
11. “It’s not always what you say that matters; sometimes, it’s what you don’t say.” – Mr. Krabs
12. “Always follow your heart unless your heart is bad with directions.” – SpongeBob SquarePants
13. “You’ll never get what you want if you always let people step on you.” – Plankton
14. “Squidward, we don’t need television. Not as long as we have our imagination!” – SpongeBob SquarePants
Funny SpongeBob Quotes for a Good Laugh
15. Patrick Star: “Are they laughing at us?”
SpongeBob SquarePants: “No, Patrick. They’re laughing next to us.”
16. “Stupidity isn’t a virus, but it sure is spreading like one.” – Sandy Cheeks
17. “Good people don’t rip other people’s arms off.” – SpongeBob SquarePants
18. “Once upon a time, there was an ugly barnacle. He was so ugly that everyone died. The end!” – Patrick Star
19. SpongeBob SquarePants: “Huh? Those are some big words, Pat. I’ve never heard you use them before.”
Patrick Star: “Nonsense, my vocabulary is infinitely expanding!”
20. “Did you smell it? That smell. A kind of smelly smell. The smelly smell that smells smelly.” – Mr. Krabs
21. Sandy Cheeks: “Don’t you have to be stupid somewhere else?”
Patrick Star: “Not until four.”
22. “Well, it’s no secret that the best thing about a secret is secretly telling someone your secret, thereby adding another secret to their secret collection of secrets, secretly.” – SpongeBob SquarePants
SpongeBob Quotes About Love
23. “No one can change a person, but someone can be a reason for that person to change.” – SpongeBob SquarePants
24. “I like you, SpongeBob. Why, we could be tighter than bark on a tree.” – Sandy Cheeks
25. SpongeBob SquarePants: “My spongy heart is bursting with joy ’cause I know I have the love of my pet, Gary—.”
Gary Wilson, Jr.: “Meow.”
SpongeBob SquarePants: “And my family and I have the love of my friends.”
Meaningful SpongeBob Quotes About Friendship and Trust
26. “F is for friends who do stuff together. U is for you and me. N is for anywhere and anytime at all.” – SpongeBob SquarePants
27. “Knowledge can never replace friendship. I prefer to be an idiot!” – Patrick Star
28. “You were my only true friend that didn’t have a president printed on him. But money doesn’t hug back.” – Mr. Krabs
29. “Patrick, if having a bunch of money makes me forget that you’re my best friend, then I don’t want any more money, ever again.” – SpongeBob SquarePants
30. “I’ll bet if he had just one friend, he wouldn’t be such a meanie.” – SpongeBob SquarePants
31. “I’m SpongeBob SquarePants, and we’re going to be bestest friends.” – SpongeBob SquarePants
32. “Your song is true. If y’all want to be my best friend, just be yourself.” – Sandy Cheeks
Iconic SpongeBob Quotes and Sayings You’ll Love
33. “Wake me up when I care.” – Squidward Tentacles
34. “I know of a place where you never get harmed. A magical place with magical charm. Indoors. Indoors. Indoors. Take it away, Penny.” – SpongeBob SquarePants
35. “This is not your average, everyday darkness. This is advanced darkness. Hey, if I close my eyes, it doesn’t seem so dark.” – SpongeBob SquarePants
Short SpongeBob Quotes for Instagram
36. “I’m ugly, and I’m proud!” – SpongeBob SquarePants
37. “Moss always points to civilization.” – SpongeBob SquarePants
38. “Ravioli, ravioli. Give me the formuoli.” – SpongeBob SquarePants
39. “Two words, SpongeBob. Na. Chos.” – Patrick Star
40. “I guess hibernation is the opposite of beauty sleep!” – Patrick Star
What Do You Love the Most About SpongeBob?
No matter what age we are, we’ll always look to the media for motivation every now and then. One of our favorite go-to’s will always be SpongeBob SquarePants, as it’s packed with humor, imagination, creativity, and even life lessons!
Each episode in the series is a relatively short skit that gives us an idea of what life was like in Bikini Bottom. Like in real life, it’s not perfect.
However, it’s always about shaping our mindset and seeing the positive side of things. SpongeBob has always been a symbol of imagination and creativity; with these things, we, too, will be able to see life in a more positive light.
Our friends in Bikini Bottom don’t have perfect lives, nor are they flawless individuals. They each have their quirks, weaknesses, and strengths that make them who they are.
Yet, though they’re imperfect, they find comfort in each other and make up for what they lack with each other’s strengths. There’s no doubt that the series shows us what friendship, love, and acceptance are all about!
SpongeBob will never only be about entertainment and laughter. Each episode and character teaches us valuable lessons to live by, and we hope we were able to give you some examples of this through the collection of quotes above!