If you love penguins, then these 25 Happy Feet quotes are perfect for you!
Penguins are one of the most incredible and interesting animals in the world. Perhaps it’s why many people enjoy Happy Feet and its sequel.
Happy Feet tells the story of Mumble, who lives in a colony of emperor penguins that love to sing. However, Mumble can’t sing, and the only way he can express himself is to dance. So, he feels alienated from the other penguins, who all have amazing voices.
He gets teased, but instead of being discouraged, he leaves his colony to prove that he can shine despite being different. On his journey, he discovers the Amigos, a group of penguins that love to dance. The group embraces Mumble and helps him showcase his talent in his old colony.
Indeed, it is a great movie that’ll rekindle our love for ourselves. Mumble proves that we don’t need to change ourselves just to fit in because we can achieve great things by being authentic.
So, if you want to be inspired by Mumble and the other characters, just keep reading.
And don’t forget to check out these Minions quotes and Cars quotes.
Best Happy Feet Quotes
1. “Don’t ask me to change, Pa. Because I can’t.” – Mumble
2. “Enraged by their indifference, he followed them long after they had gone from his sight. He swam further than any of us had before, past all hope of return. Swept up by the currents, he was carried endlessly across vast oceans to worlds unknown.” – Lovelace
3. “There is wisdom, brothers, and sisters, that stands above all others. Never, ever—no matter what—drop your egg.” – Lovelace
4. Lovelace: “Hear me! There’s not enough love in the world. Turn to the penguin next to you, put your flippers up, fluff him up a little bit and give him a great big hug!”
Raul: “What you hugging me for?”
Ramón Pacifico: “He told me to.”
Raul: “Get away!”
Ramón Pacifico: “No, you like it.”
Nestor: “Get off him, Ramón.”
5. “Don’t feel so bad. My father also called me a pitiful loser; look how I turned out.” – Ramón Pacifico
6. “Stop! Lemme tell you something to joo. I know size can be daunting, but don’t be afraid. I love you!” – Ramón Pacifico
7. Noah the Elder: “So, you dare come back?”
Seymour: “He says he’s found aliens and they’re taking our fish. He says that they’re coming and we all have to do this.”
Noah the Elder: “There be no such thing as aliens!”
Gloria: “Mumble, turn around. Is that from them?”
Mumble: “Yeah. But don’t be afraid. I think it’s a way to find me, that’s all.”
Noah the Elder: “You lead them here? You turned them on your own kind?”
Gloria: “Wait for a second; you just said there’s no such thing as aliens.”
Noah the Elder: “Well, there’s not. But if there were, only a traitorous fool would bring them here.”
Mumble: “But they have to come. They’re the ones taking our fish. They can do something about it.”
Noah the Elder: “None but the Great Guin has the power to give and take away.”
Mumble: “The Great Guin didn’t put things out of whack; the aliens did.”
Noah the Elder: “A fool returns this day to mock our suffering. We are starving, and he wants us to hippity-hop. So, do we hold fast to our ways, or do we bend to the fetid fantasies of a dancing fool?”
8. Mumble: “Hey, you know what? I can leave school! I can go to work! The three of us—.”
Memphis: “Whoa whoa whoa, little fella. You ain’t going nowhere until you’ve got yourself an education. Get them singing muscles big and strong. You got that?”
Mumble: “I’ll try, Pa.”
Memphis: “You bet, you will. The word triumph starts with ‘try,’ and it ends with—.”
Memphis: “That’s right—a great big ‘umph!’”
9. Gloria: “I don’t need an egg to be happy.”
Mumble: “You say that now, but what about later when all your friends have eggs?”
Gloria: “Then I’ll have you.”
Happy Feet Quotes for Those Who Love Penguins
10. Mumble: “But, how will I know which one’s my mama?”
Memphis: “Oh, you’ll know. She’s got a wiggle in her walk and a giggle in her talk. And when she sings, it darn near breaks your heart.”
11. Memphis: “What you doing there, boy?”
Mumble: “I’m happy, Pa.”
Memphis: “What you doing with your feet?”
Mumble: “They’re happy, too.”
Memphis: “I wouldn’t do that around folks, son.”
Mumble: “Why not?”
Memphis: “It just ain’t penguin, okay?”
12. Miss Viola: “Today, we begin with the most important lesson you will ever learn at Penguin Elementary. Does anyone know what that is? Anyone? Anyone? Someone? Seymour?”
Miss Viola: “No. Mumble?”
Mumble: “Don’t eat yellow snow?”
Miss Viola: “No, that’s not it, no.”
Gloria: “It’s our heartsong, Miss.”
Miss Viola: “Thank you, Gloria. Excellent, yes. Without our heartsong, we can’t be truly penguins, can we?”
Miss Viola: “But my dears, it’s not something that I can actually teach you. Does anybody know why? Anyone? Anyone?”
Gloria: “You can’t teach it to us, Ma’am, because we have to find our heartsongs all by ourselves. It’s the voice you hear inside who you truly are.”
Miss Viola: “Yes, thank you, Gloria.”
Happy Feet Quotes to Add Some Thrill in Your Daily Life
13. Seymour: “Don’t push me ’cause I am close to the edge. I’m trying not to lose my head.”
Miss Viola: “Yes, I like that one. I could really get jiggy with that. Lovely.”
14. “Enough! You bring this stranger before me? He doubts my powers! He compares me to a skua! The voices are shrieking inside my head they’re saying ‘Lovelace! Who is this fool? Tell him! Tell him to go forth and multiply!’ Come to think of it. Why don’t we all go forth and multiply?” – Lovelace
15. Lombardo: “Why would Lovelace help?”
Raul: “He does not like you at all.”
Mumble: “I’ll just appeal to his better nature.”
Nestor: “How you gonna do that?”
Raul: “Cruel and unusual punishment?”
Lombardo: “Unimaginable torture?”
Ramón Pacifico: “Imaginable torture?”
Rinaldo: “Your singing?”
Ramón Pacifico, Nestor, Raul, and Lombardo: “No!”
Rinaldo: “Can anybody find me someone to love?”
Lombardo: “Oh, you breaking the ice!”
Ramón Pacifico: “Avalanche.”
16. Memphis: “Remember, stranger danger.”
Mumble: “Sure thing, Pa.”
Memphis: “Watch out for Leopard Seal and them killer whales.”
17. “Hello, hello from Emperor Land. Good afternoon. Why are you taking our fish? I’m sure you don’t mean to, but you’re causing an awful lot of grief.” – Mumble
Bite-Sized Happy Feet Quotes That Are Worth Remembering
18. “I don’t care where you come from, that has got to hurt!” – Ramón Pacifico
19. “We got personality with a capital ‘Y.’ Why? Because we’re hot!” – Ramón Pacifico
20. “You did everything penguinly possible.” – Ramón Pacifico
Happy Feet Quotes for Fans of the Second Movie
21. “If you want it, you must will it. If you will it, it will be yours.” – The Mighty Sven
22. “I’m one in a krillion!” – Will the Krill
23. Mumble: “But there are plenty of reasons to dance.”
Erik: “What’s mine, Pa?”
Mumble: “The only way to find out, is to try it. Come on son. Let’s shake this world!”
24. Carmen: “Ramón, you’re beautiful!”
Ramón Pacifico: “Only on the outside.”
25. “What’s a best friend for if he cannot bring a daddy and his boy together?” – Ramón Pacifico
Do You Think That Your Differences Make You More Special?
Most of the time, we are afraid to be different because we can’t afford to be judged by others. However, Happy Feet inspires us to embrace ourselves—no matter how different we are.
Mumble may not be like the other penguins in his colony, but that didn’t make him change or hide his abilities. Instead, he accepted that he couldn’t sing and just used it as a motivation to cultivate his talent for dancing. So, in the end, his true self shined, and he proved that he was amazing in his own way.
So, like Mumble, whenever you feel alienated by society, remember that your difference is something to treasure. Don’t be discouraged! You simply need to put more faith in yourself.
We live in a world where judgment is normalized, so you’ll inevitably encounter people who look down on you. Others may even think you have no value if you can’t accomplish the same things they did. However, keep in mind that it’s okay if people refuse to accept you for who you are; the only thing that matters is that you never reject yourself.
Hopefully, this collection was able to help you uphold your value as an individual. After all, self-worth is the best gift you can give to yourself!