Let these Fast Times at Ridgemont High quotes take you back to your high school years!
Fast Times at Ridgemont High is a coming-of-age film based on the experiences of Cameron Crowe from going undercover at Clairemont High School. Despite being released in 1982, its plot and characters continue to be funny and relatable in the current time. Watching the film will hit you with a wave of nostalgia, so it is undeniably a cult favorite!
We’ve compiled the funniest and most iconic lines from the film, so don’t miss out on this collection. Read the complete list below and be transported to one of the most exciting years of your life!
Let’s get started.
Best Fast Times at Ridgemont High Quotes
1. “Learn it. Know it. Live it.” – Brad Hamilton
2. “Life comes at you pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” – Jeff Spicoli
3. “All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I’m fine.” – Jeff Spicoli
4. “Well, Stu, I’ll tell you, surfing’s not a sport, it’s a way of life, it’s no hobby. It’s a way of looking at that wave and saying, ‘Hey bud, let’s party!'” – Jeff Spicoli
5. “If I’m here, and you’re here, doesn’t that make it our time? Certainly, there’s nothing wrong with a little feast on our time!” – Jeff Spicoli
Fast Times at Ridgemont High Quotes That Are Extremely Relatable
6. “Jeez. Doesn’t anyone f*cking knock anymore?” – Brad Hamilton
7. “I woke up in such a great mood today. I don’t know what the hell happened.” – Mike Damone
8. “That was my skull. I’m so wasted.” – Jeff Spicoli
Fast Times at Ridgemont High Quotes That Will Bring You Back to Their Classic Lines
9. “When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of ‘Led Zeppelin IV.'” – Mike Damone
10. “I shall serve no fries before their time.” – Brad Hamilton
11. Stacy Hamilton: “I want a relationship. I want romance.”
Linda Barrett: “In Ridgemont? We can’t even get cable TV here, Stacy, and you want romance.”
12. “People on ‘ludes should not drive.” – Jeff Spicoli
13. “That’s fantastic. Let me ask you a question. When you get out there, do you ever fear for your life?” – Stu Nahan
14. Linda Barrett: “So tell me, do you like Ron?”
Stacy Hamilton: “I like Ron. But it hurts so bad.”
Linda Barrett: “Don’t worry. Keep doing it. It gets a lot better, I swear.”
15. Mr. Arnold Hand: “Am I hallucinating here? Just what in the hell do you think you’re doing?”
Jeff Spicoli: “Learning about Cuba and having some food.”
16. “Mister, if you don’t shut up, I’m gonna kick 100% of your ass!” – Brad Hamilton
17. Brad Hamilton: “Why don’t you get a job, Spicoli?”
Jeff Spicoli: “What for?”
Brad Hamilton: “You need money.”
18. “What is this fascination with truancy? What is it that gets inside of your heads? There are some teachers at this school who look the other way at truants. It’s a little game you both play. They pretend they don’t see you, and you pretend you don’t ditch! Now, in the end, who pays the price? You!” – Mr. Arnold Hand
19. “That’s the idea, Rat. That’s the attitude.” – Mike Damone
20. “This is U.S. history. I see the globe right there.” – Jeff Spicoli
21. “I mean, you put the vibe out to 30 million chicks, something is gonna happen.” – Mark Ratner
Fast Times at Ridgemont High Quotes for Your Cool Date
22. “Look, Rat, it’s like riding a bike. Fall off. You’re right back on. Mess up a date, do it again.” – Mike Damone
23. “First of all, Rat, you never let on how much you like a girl. ‘Oh, Debbie. Hi.’ Two, you always call the shots. ‘Kiss me. You won’t regret it.’ Now three, act like wherever you are, that’s the place to be. ‘Isn’t this great?’ Four, when ordering food, you find out what she wants, then order for the both of you. It’s a classy move. ‘Now, the lady will have the linguini and white clam sauce, and a Coke with no ice.'” – Mike Damone
24. “The attitude dictates that you don’t care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean, whatever happens, your toes are still tappin’. Now, when you got that, then you have the attitude.” – Mike Damone
25. “I mean, don’t just walk in. You move across the room. And you don’t talk to her. You use your face. You use your body. You use everything. That’s what I do. I mean, I just send out this vibe, and I have personally found that women do respond. I mean, something happens.” – Mike Damone
Funny Fast Times at Ridgemont High Quotes to Make You Laugh Out Loud
26. “You are a wuss—part wimp, and part pussy.” – Mike Damone
27. “So what Jefferson was saying was, ‘Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don’t get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we’ll just be bogus too.’ Yeah?” – Jeff Spicoli
28. Mr. Arnold Hand: “Mr. Spicoli, what’s your reason for your truancy?”
Jeff Spicoli: “I just couldn’t make it on time.”
Mr. Arnold Hand: “You mean, you couldn’t or wouldn’t?”
Jeff Spicoli: “Well, there’s like a full crowd scene at the food line.”
29. “Look at you, member of the honor roll, assistant to the assistant manager of the movie theater. I’m tellin’ you, Rat, if this girl can’t smell your qualifications, then who needs her, right?” – Mike Damone
30. “My brother’s gonna kill us! He’s gonna kill us! He’s gonna kill you, and he’s gonna kill me, he’s gonna kill us!” – Jefferson’s Brother
31. “People exaggerate so much around here.” – Linda Barrett
32. “Make up your mind, dude. Is he going to sh*t, or is he going to kill us?” – Jeff Spicoli
Also read: Funny Quotes
Fast Times at Ridgemont High Quotes to Learn About Sexuality and Attraction
33. “Hey, you guys had shirts on when you came in here.” – Brad Hamilton
34. Stacy Hamilton: “When a guy has an org*sm, how much comes out?”
Linda Barrett: “A quart or so.”
35. Perry’s Pizza Waitress: “Linda, Linda, there he is. There’s that guy from the stereo store. Don’t you think he looks like Richard Gere?”
Linda Barrett: “Did you see his cute little butt?”
36. “What do you mean, ‘What’s there to do at the Point?’ We’ve been going out together for two years.” – Brad Hamilton
Also read: Better Off Dead Quotes
More Fast Times at Ridgemont High Quotes That You’ll Enjoy
37. “Hey man, just be glad I had fast reflexes!” – Jeff Spicoli
38. “Hope you had a hell of a piss, Arnold!” – Brad Hamilton
39. Pirate King: “Hamilton, you’re going over there as a representative of Captain Hook Fish and Chips. Part of our image, part of our appeal is that uniform. You know that.”
Brad Hamilton: “You really want me to put this stuff back on?”
Pirate King: “Yes, I do. Show a little pride.”
40. “What are you, people? On dope?” – Mr. Arnold Hand
More: Hot Rod Quotes
Did You See Your Younger Self in Some of the Characters?
High school makes up the best years of our life. After all, it is filled with memories of awkwardness, exploring sexuality, and trying to fit in.
Fast Times at Ridgemont High perfectly captures our moments in these formative years. It echoes a documentary of our mistakes and the fun parties we experienced in our teens. Moreover, it brings us back to the times when we are still naive and everything is new in our lives.
We hope that these Fast Times at Ridgemont High quotes did not only make you laugh but also made you reflect on your school years. Celebrate how far you’ve come and welcome the years and experiences life will bring you moving forward!
Which is your favorite Fast Times at Ridgemont High quote? Do you have more quotes to add? Join the discussion below!