If you love sci-fi movies packed with exciting and thrilling scenes, this collection of They Live quotes is something you’ll definitely enjoy!
They Live is about Nada, a homeless drifter who discovers a pair of sunglasses showing what the world truly looks like. When worn, it portrays subliminal messages in the media that are meant to control everyone.
As he walks the streets, he also realizes that some people, especially the social elite, are skull-faced aliens who want to dominate the world. With this horrifying discovery, he fights to free humanity from the brainwashing aliens.
Without a doubt, They Live is filled with exciting scenes that will add some thrill to its viewers’ lives! So, read on and make your day instantly brighter!
And don’t forget to check out these Raising Arizona quotes and The Usual Suspects quotes.
Best They Live Quotes
1. “Brother, life’s a bitch—and she’s back in heat.” – Nada
2. “I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass—and I’m all out of bubblegum.” – Nada
3. “You know, you look like your head fell in the cheese dip back in 1957.” – Nada
4. “The Golden Rule: he who has the gold makes the rules.” – Frank Armitage
5. Holly Thompson: “You’re fighting the forces of evil that none of us can see without sunglasses.”
Nada: “Take a look.”
Holly Thompson: “If you want me to look through your sunglasses, I’ll look through your sunglasses. If I don’t see what you see, I’m going to see it anyway.”
6. “You, you’re okay. This one, real fuckin’ ugly.” – Nada
7. “This world may have blinded me, but the Lord has let me see.” – Street Preacher
They Live Quotes to Add Some Excitement to Your Day
8. Frank Armitage: “I got a job now, and I plan on keeping it. I’m walking a white line all the time. I don’t bother anybody. Nobody bothers me. You better start doing the same!”
Nada: “White line’s in the middle of the road. That’s the worst place to drive.”
9. “You see, I take these glasses off, she looks like a regular person, doesn’t she? Put ’em back on—formaldehyde-face!” – Nada
10. “They are dismantling the sleeping middle class. More and more people are becoming poor. We are their cattle. We are being bred for slavery. We could be pets, we could be food, but all we really are is livestock.” – The Bearded Man on Television
11. “Mama don’t like tattletales.” – Nada
12. “The world needs a wake-up call. We’re going to phone it in.” – Gilbert
13. “Wooo. It’s like a drug. Wearing these glasses gets you high, but you come down hard.” – Nada
They Live Quotes That You Will Never Forget About
14. “I don’t like this one bit. Not one bit.” – Nada
15. “Put the glasses on! Put ’em on!” – Nada
16. Nada: “I’m giving you a choice: either put on these glasses or start eatin’ that trash can.”
Frank Armitage: “Not this year!”
17. “The feeling is definitely there. It’s a new morning in America—fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We’re optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don’t need pessimism. There are no limits.” – Television Host
18. Frank Armitage: “What do these things want?”
Gilbert: “They’re free enterprisers. The earth is just another developing planet. Their third world.”
19. Frank Armitage: “The whole deal is like some kind of crazy game. They put you at the starting line. And the name of the game is ‘Make It Through Life.’ Only, everyone’s out for themselves and looking to do you in at the same time. Okay, man here we are. You do what you can, but remember, I’m going to do my best to blow your ass away. So how are you going to make it?”
Nada: “I deliver a hard day’s work for my money. I just want the chance. It’ll come. I believe in America. I follow the rules. Everybody’s got their own hard times these days.”
20. “That’s like pouring perfume on a pig.” – Nada
21. Frank Armitage: “We can’t be the only ones who can see. We’ve got to find the people who made these.”
Nada: “Yeah, if any of them are still alive.”
More They Live Quotes for Sci-Fi Lovers
22. Frank Armitage: “Maybe they’re always been with us—those things out there. Maybe they love it—seeing us hate each other, watching us kill each other off, feeding on our own cold fuckin’ hearts.”
Nada: “I got news for ’em. There’s gonna be hell to pay. ‘Cause I ain’t daddy’s little boy no more.”
23. “You ain’t the first son of a bitch to wake up out of their dream.” – Nada
24. “The poor and the underclass are growing. Racial justice and human rights are non-existent. They have created a repressive society, and we are their unwitting accomplices.” – The Bearded Man on TV
25. Female Interviewer: “Last place of employment?”
Nada: “Denver, Colorado. I worked there for 10 years, and things just seemed to dry up. They lost 14 banks in one week. So, well—.”
Female Interviewer: “There’s nothing available for you right now.”
How Would You React if You Met an Alien?
As technology develops, people become more open-minded about the life that possibly lives outside our planet. However, if aliens do exist, the question is, are they friendly or hostile?
In the movie, the aliens try to control humanity and dominate Earth. Thankfully, Nada found the sunglasses and discovered that a group of people also knew about this fact.
Nada and the rest of his companions were all willing to risk their lives to save our planet from being conquered by aliens. Many of them perished. But, their sacrifices were not put to waste as they were eventually able to free all humans worldwide.
They Live is a movie that reminds us that humans must care for our planet and each of its occupants. We must look after it before our so-called neighbors—if they truly exist—take it for themselves. In the same way, we must appreciate every bit of nature before we actually destroy it ourselves!
We hope that we were able to awaken your love and care for humanity and our world. This is the only one we’ve got, and we must give all we have to defend it.