If you’re a tech-savvy person, read these Free Guy quotes, as they will undoubtedly pique your interest!
Free Guy is a fantastic movie released in 2021. With Ryan Reynolds as the lead star, it’s no doubt full of funny and comedic scenes. However, it also conveys an inspirational message beyond all the humor.
The movie follows a bank teller, Guy, who lives in Free City. Guy assumes he is living in paradise until he discovers he is just a video game character. He now realizes why he keeps doing the same thing every day: he is just being controlled all his life.
So, Guy, with the help of Millie and Keys, takes charge of his own life. He starts to change and do what he wants and thinks is right.
Guy becomes self-aware. He realizes that he can—and should—make his own choices in life. So, if you want to be inspired by our favorite protagonist, keep reading through to the end!
Best Free Guy Quotes
1. Millie Rusk: “Guy, this world, it’s a video game. And it’s full of bad guys. We need you to be the good guy.”
Guy: “I know this world is just a game, but this place, these people, that’s all I have. So I’m not gonna be the good guy. I’m gonna be a great guy.”
Millie Rusk: “Wow, enjoy your lifetime supply of virginity.”
2. “Life doesn’t happen to be something that just happens to us.” – Guy
3. “It’s like losing my virginity but in my mouth.” – Guy
4. “Don’t have a good day, have a great day!” – Guy
5. Millie Rusk: “If you ever met the dick responsible for this world, you’d agree.”
Guy: “Are we talking about God? You’ve met God? And He’s a dick?”
6. “I may not be real. But for a second there, I felt pretty alive.” – Guy
7. Buddy: “I say, okay, so what if I’m not real?”
Guy: “I’m sorry. ‘So what?’”
Buddy: “Yeah, so what?”
Guy: “But if you’re not real, doesn’t that mean that nothing you do matters?”
Buddy: “What does that mean? Look, brother, I am sitting here with my best friend. Trying to help him get through a tough time. Right? And even if I’m not real, this moment is. Right here, right now, this moment is real. I mean, what’s more real than a person trying to help someone they love? Now, if that’s not real, I don’t know what is.”
8. “It’s like if Jesus washed my tongue and right before He finished he told my dad, ‘He’s good enough.’” – Guy
Hilarious Free Guy Quotes That You’ll Always Enjoy Reading
9. “What if our world doesn’t have to be so scary?” – Guy
10. Millie Rusk: “Is that a Glock in your pocket?”
Millie Rusk: “What?”
Guy: “It’s two Glocks.”
11. Keys: “Wait. You let who kiss you?”
Millie Rusk: “Guy.”
Keys: “There’s no button for that.”
Millie Rusk: “Oh, he found the button.”
12. “Well, uh, mostly genetics, I think. I’m pretty lucky, I have naturally dewy skin.” – Guy
13. Guy: “He’s just resting.”
Buddy: “In pieces! That man is dead!”
Guy: “He’s so sleepy.”
14. Millie Rusk: “Guy, There is no easy way to say this, but this world, it’s a video game. You’re not real. And the guy responsible for this world is going to destroy it.”
Guy: “You’ve met God?”
Millie Rusk: “Yes; He’s an absolute troll.”
Guy: “Trolls exist?”
15. “My name is Guy, and I live in paradise. I’ve got a best friend. And I work at the bank. I thought I had everything I needed. But then, I met her.” – Guy
Free Guy Quotes for Your Entertainment
16. “Ooh cappuccino. I enjoy saying that. It’s like a waterfall with letters.” – Guy
17. “Blue Shirt Guy is the real first artificial intelligence.” – Keys
18. “Anyone who wears sunglasses are heroes.” – Guy
19. “She’s renting space in my brain, and she won’t move out.” – Guy
20. Guy: “Please, I have a goldfish.”
Millie Rusk: “There is something inside you, Guy.”
Guy: “I don’t want something inside me.”
Millie Rusk: “They expected you to just follow the rules. But you are so much more than that.”
Are You Ready to Break Free From People Trying to Control Your Life?
Often, we are so afraid to disappoint other people. As a result, we keep on following what pleases them. But, sometimes, you also need to ask yourself if that’s what you really want out of life.
If not, then you need to stop. You shouldn’t settle for a life that’s just dictated by others. Guy might just be a fictional character, but when he realizes that his life was just a series of choices that he didn’t make, he musters up the courage to be independent of his controller.
Let’s all use Guy’s characteristics as a motivation to stop letting others decide things about our lives. Remember, many more opportunities await you if you just begin taking charge of yourself. Have the courage to break free from anyone who controls you; break the simulation!
Hopefully, this collection was able to inspire you to make choices and decisions that will genuinely contribute to your desired life. Remember that you are the main character of your own story!