Read this list of the top 40 life is precious quotes and be reminded of how important it is to treasure every moment in your life!
It’s easy to take life for granted, especially when we’re caught up in the hustle and bustle of our daily jobs. But, life’s a gift that has an expiration date. It won’t last forever.
The fact that life is limited makes it one of the most important and valuable possessions we could ever own. This is one of the primary reasons you should cherish and enjoy it while it lasts!
You don’t have to take big chunks out of your day to enjoy life; simply taking a few minutes to admire nature, catch up with your friends, or eat a delicious meal will show you just how meaningful life can be.
Don’t waste life’s precious moments holding onto unnecessary feelings of negativity. Be grateful, and appreciate every second of it!
To help you fully understand this topic, check out the list below. We’re sure you’ll find some eye-opening messages that’ll change how you view life.
Best Life Is Precious Quotes
1. “Life is precious and time is a key element. Let’s make every moment count and help those who have a greater need than our own.” – Harmon Killebrew
2. “Life is precious, life is beautiful, life is exciting. Life can be terrible at times but there is no good without the bad.” – Lewis Pope
3. “Life is precious; do not waste it doing anything that your heart does not respect or agree with.” – Leon Brown
4. “Life is precious and more immeasurable by any jewel.” – Ken Goss
5. “Every moment of life is precious and can never happen again and therefore is a reason to appreciate, be grateful for and celebrate the fact that you are alive.” – Zelig Pliskin
6. “Life is a precious gift. A rare journey with opportunity! An opportunity to learn, to grow, to be healed, to love, to shine!” – Angie Karan Krezos
7. “Life should be cherished more than material things. Life is precious, and you should live each day to its fullest.” – Annie L. Williams
8. “Life is precarious, and life is precious. Don’t presume you will have it tomorrow, and don’t waste it today.” – John Piper
9. “Life is precious. We should not take anything for granted. Living every moment as if it was our first and last is a genuine life of gratitude, acceptance, and wisdom.” – Akiane Kramarik
10. “Life is too precious to allow others to define you, to waste time trying to live up to the mask that we all sometimes wear, to wake up to a new day without thanking he who allowed it to happen.” – Ken Goss
Inspiring Quotes on How Precious Our Life Is
11. “Life is a precious gift, but we realize this only when we give it to others.” – Pope Francis
12. “Life is so precious! Live with love, joy, happiness, and abundance.” – Debasish Mridha
13. “Life is precious and it’s what you do with it that keeps you alive on the inside. It’s not enough just to live and take that gift for granted. Each one of us has fears, but the more we work to overcome them, the more we are able to enjoy our lives.” – Demi Lovato
14. “Sometimes we get caught up in our troubles and our problems and we let life slip away, but life is precious—all of life—and one must try to take in as much of it as possible.” – Yanni
15. “Be yourself. Life is precious as it is. All the elements for your happiness are already here. There is no need to run, strive, search, or struggle. Just be.” – Thích Nhất Hạnh
16. “Life is precious and life is short. There are times when you feel you can’t take it for granted, but the fact is you truly can―so just pick yourself up, take a deep breath, go forward, renewed and refreshed and ready to begin again.” – Chirag
17. “Life is precious. Life is beautiful. Life should be treated with the respect it deserves because life tomorrow is not guaranteed.” – Vincent J. Monteleone
18. “Life is precious, we don’t know which moment is going to be our last moment in this world. Every moment needs to be celebrated. Life is meaningful, every moment needs to be embraced with learning.” – Hammad Ansari
19. “We have one precious life―do something extraordinary today, even if it’s tiny. A pebble starts the avalanche.” – K.A Laity
Life Is Precious Quotes That’ll Make You Cherish Every Moment
20. “Remember, life is precious and only once—if you miss the boat, it is missed forever.” – Joji Valli
21. “Try to accomplish things you have always dreamt of while you can. I know it sounds cliché, but the biggest lesson I have learned is that life is precious; enjoy it while it lasts.” – Lisa Ling
22. “Maybe that’s why life is so precious. No rewind or fast forward—just patience and faith.” – Cristina Marrero
23. “Finally, life is precious. Spend more time seeing the good and enjoying life than in finding fault.” – Michael Gurian
24. “There’s something about knowing life is finite that makes it so precious.” – Ethan Hawke
25. “Life truly is precious. Gather every moment of it into your arms and embrace it.” – Paula Abdul
26. “Life becomes precious and more special to us when we look for the little everyday miracles and get excited about the privileges of simply being human.” – Tim Hansel
27. “Life is precious. Not because it is unchangeable, like a diamond, but because it is vulnerable, like a little bird. To love life means to love its vulnerability, asking for care, attention, guidance, and support. Life and death are connected by vulnerability. The newborn child and the dying elder both remind us of the preciousness of our lives. Let’s not forget the preciousness and vulnerability of life during the times we are powerful, successful, and popular.” – Henri Nouwen
Short Life Is Precious Quotes to Help You Live With Purpose
28. “Life is precious so add life to your age and add age to your life.” – Anonymous
29. “Life is only precious because it ends, kid.” – Rick Riordan
30. “Life is precious and there’s not a lot of room for anger.” – Fran Drescher
31. “Your life is precious so grow and live life on your terms.” – Joe Noya
32. “Just remember—life is precious. Treat it that way!” – Jaideep Singh Chaddha
33. “Life is too precious to be left to chance.” – Walter Moers
More Precious Life Quotes
34. “It dawns on you one day—how precious your life is and how not okay it is for anyone, ever, to cause you any amount of suffering, ever. Then the next time you step out the door you look at everyone and you’re thinking, ‘My life is precious and you’re not allowed to hurt me.’” – C. JoyBell C.
35. “I would argue that nothing gives life more purpose than the realization that every moment of consciousness is a precious and fragile gift.” – Steven Pinker
36. “I think I’m very conscientious of how precious life is and how quickly life can be taken away from you, especially at times when it can be least expected.” – Jeff Garcia
37. “Every day, think as you wake up, ‘Today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it.’” – Dalai Lama XIV
38. “Like water, life is precious. But most people, through their lack of empathy, prefer to waste it.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
39. “Every human life is precious in God’s sight and no effort should be spared in the attempt to promote throughout the world a genuine respect for the inalienable rights and dignity of individuals and peoples everywhere.” – Pope Benedict XVI
40. “Life is too precious to worry about stupid shit so have fun. Go party and fall in love. Say what you want to say. Do what you want to do. Regret nothing and don’t let people who don’t matter, bring you down.” – Anonymous
Did These Life Is Precious Quotes Encourage You to Find Your Purpose?
People often overlook the preciousness of life. As a result, we live like we have so much time in our hands, not knowing that it’s actually the contrary. Life’s too precious and short that it can slip by without us noticing.
In the quotes we’ve compiled above, we learn that life is meant to be enjoyed and shared with our loved ones. It’s a precious gift from God, so we must not waste it by being idle and focusing too much on the negative things. In the same way, we should also not devote our whole lives to work and instead, learn to strike a balance with every aspect of our lives.
Let’s all do our best to find things worth living for. By doing so, we avoid living a bleak and unfulfilling life.
Remember that life has no rewinds, nor can you fast forward it. So, seize and cherish all of life’s precious opportunities! Keep this collection in your bookmarks so you have something to look back on whenever you need a reminder.