Check out these Titanic quotes and better understand the lessons embedded in this story inspired by real-life events.
Titanic is a movie that zooms in on the events that led to the sinking of the RMS Titanic in 1912. It stars Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio, making it even more memorable!
The events aboard the ship were tragic. However, it’s worth noting that these have taught audiences meaningful lessons on love, life, and loss. Titanic, in so many ways, teaches us that we are all human beings, and no matter how well off we are in life, we’ll all eventually depart from this world.
Titanic starts as a movie that separates the rich from the poor. Yet, the latter part of the story shows us that there should be no distinction between them.
To learn more about Titanic, read on. We’ll equip you with quotable quotes and meaningful lessons through this collection!
And don’t forget to check out these Breakfast at Tiffany’s quotes and The Princess Bride quotes.
Best Titanic Quotes
1. “When you got nothing, you got nothing to lose.” – Jack Dawson
2. “I’m the king of the world!” – Jack Dawson
3. “I got everything I need right here with me. I got air in my lungs, a few blank sheets of paper. I mean, I love waking up in the morning not knowing what’s gonna happen or who I’m gonna meet, where I’m gonna wind up. Just the other night, I was sleeping under a bridge, and now here I am on the grandest ship in the world, having champagne with you fine people. I figure life’s a gift, and I don’t intend on wasting it. You don’t know what hand you’re gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you—to make each day count.” – Jack Dawson
4. Jack Dawson: “Rose, you’re no picnic, alright? You’re a spoiled little brat, even, but under that, you’re the most amazingly, astounding, wonderful girl—woman—that I’ve ever known.”
Rose DeWitt Bukater: “Jack, I—.”
Jack Dawson: “No, let me try and get this out. You’re ama—I’m not an idiot; I know how the world works. I’ve got 10 bucks in my pocket. I have no—nothing to offer you, and I know that. I understand. But I’m too involved now. You jump, I jump, remember? I can’t turn away without knowing you’ll be alright. That’s all that I want.”
Rose DeWitt Bukater: “Well, I’m fine. I’ll be fine. Really.”
Jack Dawson: “Really? I don’t think so. They’ve got you trapped, Rose. And you’re gonna die if you don’t break free. Maybe not right away because you’re strong, but sooner or later, that fire that I love about you, Rose, that fire’s gonna burn out.”
Rose DeWitt Bukater: “It’s not up to you to save me, Jack.”
Jack Dawson: “You’re right. Only you can do that.”
5. “Three years, I’ve thought of nothing except Titanic; but I never got it—I never let it in.” – Brock Lovett
6. “A woman’s heart is a deep ocean of secrets. But now you know there was a man named Jack Dawson and that he saved me in every way a person can be saved. I don’t even have a picture of him. He exists now only in my memory.” – Rose DeWitt Bukater
7. Rose DeWitt Bukater: “You have a gift, Jack, you do. You see people.”
Jack Dawson: “I see you.”
Rose DeWitt Bukater: “And?”
Jack Dawson: “You wouldn’t have jumped.”
8. “I feel I’m standing in the middle of a crowded room, screaming at the top of my lungs, and no one even looks up.” – Rose DeWitt Bukater
9. “It was the Ship of Dreams to everyone else. To me, it was a slave ship, taking me back to America in chains. Outwardly, I was everything a well-brought-up girl should be. Inside, I was screaming.” – Rose DeWitt Bukater
10. “The last thing I need is another portrait of me looking like a porcelain doll. as a paying customer, I expect to get what I want.” – Rose DeWitt Bukater
11. “I saw my whole life as if I’d already lived it. An endless parade of parties and cotillions, yachts, and polo matches. Always the same narrow people, the same mindless chatter. I felt like I was standing at a great precipice, with no one to pull me back, no one who cared or even noticed.” – Rose DeWitt Bukater
12. “Fifteen-hundred people went into the sea when Titanic sank from under us. There were 20 boats floating nearby, and only one came back. One. Six were saved from the water, myself included. Six out of one thousand, five hundred. Afterward, the 700 people in the boats had nothing to do but wait—wait to die, wait to live, wait for an absolution—that would never come.” – Rose DeWitt Bukater
Titanic Quotes That’ll Make You Swoon
13. Jack Dawson: “Rose! You’re so stupid. Why did you do that, huh? You’re so stupid, Rose. Why did you do that? Why?”
Rose DeWitt Bukater: “You jump, I jump, right?”
Jack Dawson: “Right.”
Rose DeWitt Bukater: “Oh God! I couldn’t go. I couldn’t go, Jack.”
Jack Dawson: “It’s alright. We’ll think of something.”
Rose DeWitt Bukater: “At least I’m with you.”
14. “Jack, I want you to draw me like one of your French girls.” – Rose DeWitt Bukater
15. Rose DeWitt Bukater: “When the ship docks, I’m getting off with you.”
Jack Dawson: “This is crazy.”
Rose DeWitt Bukater: “I know. It doesn’t make any sense. That’s why I trust it.”
16. Rose DeWitt Bukater: “I love you, Jack.”
Jack Dawson: “Don’t you do that, don’t say your goodbyes. Not yet, do you understand me?”
Rose DeWitt Bukater: “I’m so cold.”
Jack Dawson: “Listen, Rose. You’re gonna get out of here, you’re gonna go on, and you’re gonna make lots of babies, and you’re gonna watch them grow. You’re gonna die an old—an old lady warm in her bed, not here, not this night. Not like this, do you understand me?”
Rose DeWitt Bukater: “I can’t feel my body.”
Jack Dawson: “Winning that ticket, Rose, was the best thing that ever happened to me. It brought me to you. And I’m thankful for that, Rose. I’m thankful. You must do me this honor. Promise me you’ll survive. That you won’t give up, no matter what happens—no matter how hopeless. Promise me now, Rose, and never let go of that promise.”
Rose DeWitt Bukater: “I promise.”
Jack Dawson: “Never let go.”
Rose DeWitt Bukater: “I’ll never let go, Jack. I’ll never let go. I promise.”
17. Caledon Hockley: “Where are you going? To him? What, to be a wh*re to a gutter rat?”
Rose DeWitt Bukater: “I’d rather be his wh*re than your wife.”
18. Jack Dawson: “Where to, Miss?”
Rose DeWitt Bukater: “To the stars.”
19. Jack Dawson: “Step up on the railing. Hold on, hold on. Keep your eyes closed. Do you trust me?”
Rose DeWitt Bukater: “I trust you.”
Jack Dawson: “Alright. Open your eyes.”
Rose DeWitt Bukater: “I’m flying, Jack!”
Titanic Quotes to Remind You of This Classic Movie
20. “God himself could not sink this ship.” – Caledon Hockley
21. “I don’t know about you, but I intend to write a strongly worded letter to the White Star Line about all of this.” – Jack Dawson
22. Rose DeWitt Bukater: “I know what you must be thinking. ‘Poor little rich girl, what does she know about misery?’”
Jack Dawson: “No, no, that’s not what I was thinking. What I was thinking was, ‘What could’ve happened to this girl to make her think she had no way out?’”
23. Carpathia Steward: “Can I take your name, please, love?”
Rose DeWitt Bukater: “Dawson, Rose Dawson.”
24. “It’s been 84 years, and I can still smell the fresh paint. The china had never been used. The sheets had never been slept in. Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.” – Rose DeWitt Bukater
25. J. Bruce Ismay: “But this ship can’t sink!”
Thomas Andrews: “She’s made of iron, sir! I assure you, she can. And she will. It is a mathematical certainty.”
More Titanic Quotes That Will Forever Be Memorable
26. Jack Dawson: “Whew! I’m Jack Dawson.”
Rose DeWitt Bukater: “Rose DeWitt Bukater.”
Jack Dawson: “I’m gonna have to get you to write that one down.”
27. Rose DeWitt Bukater: “You’re crazy!”
Jack Dawson: “That’s what everybody says, but with all due respect Miss, I’m not the one hanging off the back of a ship here.”
28. “Can you exchange one life for another? A caterpillar turns into a butterfly. If a mindless insect can do it, why couldn’t I?” – Rose DeWitt Bukater
29. “Your money can’t save you anymore than it can save me.” – First Officer William Murdoch
30. “In an hour or so, all of this will be at the bottom of the Atlantic.” – Thomas Andrews
What Lessons Did Titanic Leave You With?
No matter how you look at it, Titanic ended tragically. Even so, it showed us how fleeting life is, the beauty of love, and the pain and comfort one can find in death.
More than any other movie, Titanic makes us realize that rich or poor, we are all humans. In the face of tragedy, no one can escape. In the movie, almost everyone perished; well off or not, people drowned and died from the cold.
Titanic is also a story of finding love in unexpected places. Rose was about to get married to someone she didn’t love, that is, until she met Jack. Sadly, they couldn’t be together; to save Rose, Jack performed the ultimate act of love—sacrificing oneself for the other.
Rose looked back on her love for Jack with both pain and fondness. Though they couldn’t end up together, Jack’s love for her urged her to keep living. It was painful, but it was more of a comfort to know that someone up there is encouraging you to live your life to the fullest.
Titanic is an unforgettable movie in terms of its plot and the lessons one can find. So, let this list of its best quotes encourage you to live life more meaningfully. Remember that we are all human and that love will push you forward, always!
1 thought on “30 Titanic Quotes on a Tragic Story of Love, Life, and Loss”
Since I was young I have been watching Titanic movie for the daily. I didn’t get married because I am looking like Rose that doesn’t choose a rich man but choose for me as a personally. Absolutely that’s it amazing quotes!
Comments are closed.